Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

THCluster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read some of this thread, but not all 190 pages. Has anyone had (and fixed) the game hanging at the "hold the remote sideways" screen.

I updated and patched ios 53 and 70 (4.2u) already. Have tried usb loader gx 815 and wiiflow with no luck
frown.gif

Edit: Tried Neogamma and got a green screen with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am back to confirm, that using the PPF patch for the main.dol does work, on Neogamma & CiosCorp. Thanks to the person who found this.

That-Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.chrislowthian.co.uk
XP
Country
OK having a few problems I have the following:

Preloader 0.30
System Menu 4.2 (PAL)
cIOSCORP 3.5

I have patched the unscrubbed PAL version but when I try and load the game the Wii simply resets. What am I missing? Have a read it wrong or should this work with cIOSCORP 3.5 installed?

Project_Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Project_Zero said:
Project_Zero said:
Ok i have read through a good amount of pages of this thread. I got the game working with Rev14 + Neogamma R7. But as i start the game it loads the menu, begining scene then says the disc cannot be read. I burned at 2.4x in IMGburn if that means anything. Should i reduce speed or use DVD Decrypter? The media is Verbatim DVD-R. Can i get some help?

Also i patched the game myself with the PPF files linked in first post. I followed all instructions and everything went smooth. Its just as soon as the game play is about to start it says the disc cannot be read. Please help me!

Help me please! Im very very lost as to what to do now.

moximoore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn. I think the ISO I have has had the update scrubbed off it already. I believe it was a Qwiff ISO too. Would that effect the Patching process? I still get errors or empty ISO copies. It also reads differently when I try to do the Wiiscrub 1.40 method. It looks completely different from the tutorial.
unsure.gif

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Am I missing something?
I've got the patched NTSCU version of the ISO (self patched, unscrubbed), cIOS rev 14, NeogammaR7 (the channel) 4.0U system... and that's it.
When I tried to play the game it went to a green screen, then rebooted the Wii. After that I went to the power off channel (cuz I'm too lazy to get off my ass to turn the Wii to red off) and it said system menu files corrupt. After a reboot everything worked fine (apart from my heart that was beating fast cuz I thought I broke it)
Do I need to install other IOS's? Truca? Iunno what Truca is even, though I've heard it thrown around, yet, no definite answer...

ole jason

Trophies
XP
Country
ZMan13 said:
________________________________________________________________________________
____ModChip Users:
-Try the newest NeoGamma R8Beta, which should be able to run the Game without any patches needed. THE ISO MUST BE UNPATCHED!
-Try GeckoOS, and this PAL or this NTSC Cheat File. Place it under /codes/, and activate Ocarina in GeckoOS.
-Or download and Install IOS53 and your System IOS (3.2-3.4 = IOS30, 4.0/4.1= IOS60, 4.2=IOS70) and patch them with the Trucha Patch. Use DOP-IOS MOD for this. You'll need a Wii that is connected to the Internet! ATTENTION: THIS IS DANGEROUS! HAVE BOOTMII AS BOOTv2 AND A BACKUP, OR LIFE WITH THE RISKS!

________________________________________________________________________________
____

So, in plain English it does not exactly work for ModChip users, am I correct?

I have not understood any single word in this guide. Are there any step-by-step instructions that start with "Power on your WII"?

It's currently not possible to get this running without installing extra software on the wii. You can't burn the disc on your pc and have it automatically work on the wii like most other games. From what I've read we'll have to wait for an update to our chips or you can get into installing software on your wii.

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That-Guy said:
OK having a few problems I have the following:

Preloader 0.30
System Menu 4.2 (PAL)
cIOSCORP 3.5

I have patched the unscrubbed PAL version but when I try and load the game the Wii simply resets. What am I missing? Have a read it wrong or should this work with cIOSCORP 3.5 installed?

Make sure you have at least rev14 installed on your Wii, & that you have used the PPF patch on the original main.dol.

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Downloaded the ISO and burnt onto a disc. (I have no idea if it is patched and I don't know what I can do to check if it is)

Anyway, I tried it on Gecko OS (latest ver) and it says I don't have IOS53. So I tried it on NeoGamma (latest ver) and something very odd happens...
the screen goes black and white and begins "jumping" but the game is running. It jumps wayyy to fast to play. The audio is playing as well. Any ideas? It's really messed up. Haven't heard anyone with such a story as of yet.

BTW, Wii Specs:
Wiikey V1
Wii Firmware Version 3.3

hiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a legit question

i dont have a dvd burner on this cpu at moment but since i have original and have played to world 2 and have a save file in that world

i have a wiikey v1 no homebrew or softmod NTSC 4.1u 1.9s update

if i use the proper patch do u think i would be able to run a backup now ?

has anyone tried this ?

bakley78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
works perfect now thru disk channel for me thanks.
Done From Full ISO Untouched NTSC Version
patched main.dol with ppf replaced patched main.dol with wiiscrubber
burned to disk at 8x Verbatim DVD-R with Imgburn No probs works great.

System Menu 4.1U
cIOSCORP 3.5
cIOS rev15
Bootmii Boot2
Preloader 0.30

hiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bakley78 said:
works perfect now thru disk channel for me thanks.
Done From Full ISO Untouched NTSC Version
patched main.dol with ppf replaced patched main.dol with wiiscrubber
burned to disk at 8x Verbatim DVD-R with Imgburn No probs works great.

System Menu 4.1U
cIOSCORP 3.5
cIOS rev15
Bootmii Boot2
Preloader 0.30

yeah but thats cios bootmii ect.. i just have a wiikeyv1 , wondering if bec i have a save file past that first 5min of world 1 DRE if a backup would now play ?

dale27

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dale27 said:
im running 3.4 and using backup launcher through homebrew channel. i purchased a RETAIL COPY but before i play i was just wondering if i could get the straight details of exactly what the 4.1u update will do and if my hbc will still be ok for backups. also, can you still install wads in 4.1u? i know you werent able to with 4.0 in the past which is why i never upgraded to 4.0.

or, can i avoid the update if i just run it through backup launcher instead or the disc channel (if that would even work). i would try myself but im not going to be home for a couple days. i apologize as im sure this has been asked numerous times. i just didnt feel like looking through a couple hundred pages.

anyone?

DalyTek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hiver said:
yeah but thats cios bootmii ect.. i just have a wiikeyv1 , wondering if bec i have a save file past that first 5min of world 1 DRE if a backup would now play ?

Probably not. The game checks at various points throughout the game and will give a DRE at any of them once it detects the writable media.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, I am certain it won't work, because I tried playing the game and quick saving after each level, and I did manage to get to the first tower that way, but it still DRE'd on me if I played for more than about 5 mins at a time.

I got it to work on my D2Pro (no softmod) with 4.2U by installing HBC, then installing Trucha restorer 1.1, and patching IOS53 and IOS70 with it.
Used the method described earlier to patch the ISO, and is working like a champ (thanks to all who helped me!)

Nothing else needed to be done. I play straight through disc channel like any other other games. No loaders, no softmods, no USB, etc.

DalyTek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dale27 said:
dale27 said:
im running 3.4 and using backup launcher through homebrew channel. i purchased a RETAIL COPY but before i play i was just wondering if i could get the straight details of exactly what the 4.1u update will do and if my hbc will still be ok for backups. also, can you still install wads in 4.1u? i know you werent able to with 4.0 in the past which is why i never upgraded to 4.0.

or, can i avoid the update if i just run it through backup launcher instead or the disc channel (if that would even work). i would try myself but im not going to be home for a couple days. i apologize as im sure this has been asked numerous times. i just didnt feel like looking through a couple hundred pages.

anyone?

The 4.2U update is targeted strictly at piracy. Don't install it unless you HAVE to. It will uninstall HBC completely, and will kill the ability to run certain homebrew apps. It will also disable the ability to play other regions (i.e: NTSC Wii cannot play PAL and PAL Wii cannot play NTSC anymore.) I'm not sure about installing WADs, as I have no experience with them.

As for 4.1, I did not have any problems with anything when I had the 4.1 update. Just when I went to 4.2.

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ArvinaLove said:
Hmm. Downloaded the ISO and burnt onto a disc. (I have no idea if it is patched and I don't know what I can do to check if it is)

Anyway, I tried it on Gecko OS (latest ver) and it says I don't have IOS53. So I tried it on NeoGamma (latest ver) and something very odd happens...
the screen goes black and white and begins "jumping" but the game is running. It jumps wayyy to fast to play. The audio is playing as well. Any ideas? It's really messed up. Haven't heard anyone with such a story as of yet.

BTW, Wii Specs:
Wiikey V1
Wii Firmware Version 3.3
The NSMB Wii ISO i downloaded is a PAL version. Should this be of any concern? (I am using an NTSC Wii) If anyone can help, please reply. Thanks.

DalyTek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ArvinaLove said:
ArvinaLove said:

BTW, Wii Specs:
Wiikey V1
Wii Firmware Version 3.3
The NSMB Wii ISO i downloaded is a PAL version. Should this be of any concern? (I am using an NTSC Wii) If anyone can help, please reply. Thanks.

It will only be a concern if you are using (or if you go to) 4.2 firmware. Otherwise, your WiiKey should handle the PAL disc just fine. (My D2Pro did until 4.2, and it's made by the same team and essentailly is the same device as the WiiKey.)

Just make sure that if you are going to patch the ISO, that you use the PAL patch or it will error out on you. I believe if you are using a loader that you need to force NTSC, but I am not 100% on that method.

dale27

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DalyTek said:
The 4.2U update is targeted strictly at piracy. Don't install it unless you HAVE to. It will uninstall HBC completely, and will kill the ability to run certain homebrew apps. It will also disable the ability to play other regions (i.e: NTSC Wii cannot play PAL and PAL Wii cannot play NTSC anymore.) I'm not sure about installing WADs, as I have no experience with them.

As for 4.1, I did not have any problems with anything when I had the 4.1 update. Just when I went to 4.2

well then i dont have anything to worry about then right? cause the disc has 4.1u... atleast thats what ive read.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: search up "ulterior motives"