1. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Wait a minute... region free doesn't work on 4.2 with a MOD CHIP?
    Are you sure about that? If that's the case then I just ordered a darn solderless Wiikey2 for nothing. It's easy as pie to install SM4.1 but heck, I ordered so I wouldn't have to keep up with the scene so much...

2. GrandMasterJimmy

GrandMasterJimmy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States

You're running the PAL version... It's not going to work on you're TV unless you force NTSC video.

3. kirokun

kirokun GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I asked Gokuguy if he could explain how to hex code a little more briefly for us non hex editors:

1) Go download Hex Workshop (i believe V6 is the newest)
    2) Open it, & open up the main.dol in it. You're gonna see a lot of numbers, so don't panic.
    3) Make sure that the numbers on the top bar are ONLY from 0 to F. If it goes to 10, like it does me, click the line to the right of the 10 & drag the line to where it takes off 10, so it is left with only 0 to F. If not, go on.
    4) Press Ctrl and G. A box will appear for searching.
    5) Make sure the bubble is on "Hex", & type in 001AB610. You should be at this offset now. It should show on the side.
    6) Now, click & make sure that its on the first offset, that it is on 001AB61 -0-. I spaced the 0 out because to get that last number, you look at the top again. Its like a grid. You will want to be on the offset 001AB610 in the 0 column.
    7) Edit the number in the 0 column, from 94 to 4E.
    8) Do the same for the next three, except these will be in the 1, 2, & 3 columns.
    (It will be;
    001AB61-0- 94 4E
    001AB61-1- 21 80
    001AB61-2- FF 00
    001AB61-3- D0 20)
    9) After doing this & double checking that you edited the right slots, save it. You can make a backup if you want, but you shouldn't have to. Now, you are ready to put it back into WiiScrubber.

Thanks dood! [​IMG]

4. Project_Zero

Project_Zero Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Finally got it working.

System: 3.2U
    cIOS: rev14
    Loader: NeoGamma R7
    Media: Verbatim DVD-R
    Game Burned: IMG Burn at 2x speed.
    Patch/Fix: PPF from first post. I used a clean rom and patched it myself with the instructions provided.

What my issue was that the speed that i was burning it at was not slow enough i guess as i had 3 attempts. 4x, 2.4x then the winner was 2x.

5. catchit

catchit Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    So the Patch/Fix is on the DVD, correct? If so, are you uploading a torrent of the disk?

6. Marc1994

Marc1994 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Works fine with patched game and cioscorp 3.5 and rev14 dip

7. That-Guy

That-Guy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Anyone have another link the the PPFf-Patch files?

All I get when clicking the link is "Your Daily Download Limit has Been Reached"

Any Help?

8. computerboy

computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Swaziland
  9. That-Guy

That-Guy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

10. SuperToyShow

SuperToyShow Member
    Newcomer

United States
    For the record, just Pimped my Wii, 4.1U, installed USB loader, WiiFlow. Preloader.

Turn on the Wii, beautiful Coverflow game select. Amazing.

Can't believe how fast a fix came out for NSMB. Works flawlessly.

11. fme008

fme008 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I don't know if anyone posted this, but on http://wiinewz.com/forums/wiikey/96672-new...i-news-s-5.html I found a step by step to get NSMBW to work.

"My family has about 5 wii's, all with different configurations. Two of which have wiikey v. 1's installed. One has a wiikey v.2. The others are softmodded. We have the retail copy. I got New Mario to work on all 5.

Supposedly, wiikey will come out with a firmware update soon for both versions, but in the meantime, here's how to get it to work:

Make sure you have a way to restore your IOS's and NAND. (Bootmii on boot2 is the best and preferable way to protect yourself, see http://bootmii.org/download/ .) Backup your nand before doing anything.

//Retail copy:
    1. Update from Disc, and you can play. Backup works, too.

//Softmod
    1. If you don't have homebrew, install it; use bannerbomb, twighlight hack, or indiana pwns by using hackmii installer with an SD card. Let the program format your SD (SDHC only works on 4.0+ firmware). Install bootmii from here and backup your NAND. You may also install preloader.
    2. Download the latest versions of USB Loader GX or Neogamma, and cios v14 installer. v15 runs into problems with some older programs.
    3. Install cios 14 wad, by putting it in your WAD folder on the SD card. Run it through Homebrew Channel (HBC).
    4. Get the fixed version of "New Mario" ciso or run alt dol.
    5. You can run from USB by using WBFS Manager. It will format your Pen Drive or USB Hard Drive, and you can load mario through that.
    6. Put Neogamma and/or USB Loader on you APPS folder on SD. Run through HBC.

//Hard Mod and running on Disc Channel.
    1. Homebrew installed.
    2. cios v. 14 installed for some programs.
    3. Update IOS53 and IOS55. You can use: (a) "Pimp My Wii 1.3.1" program (cios 15 doesn't work on this program). Go to http://www.wii-info.fr/download.htm . This will update ALL your IOS's to latest versions. (b) Or use DOP-IOS to update IOS53 and IOS55 to latest, but Pimp My Wii is easiest way, and will also update everything.
    4. Burn the FIXED version of New Mario, and you can run it normally off DVD through Disc Channel.

This worked for us on all 5 wii's. Some people may not get the hardmod disc channel to work, as my friend who has a cloned wiikey couldn't get it to work. If not, you will have to use the softmod way for now."

Posted by holyrune @ http://wiinewz.com/forums/wiikey/96672-new...i-news-s-5.html

Sorry I don't really know how to quote.

12. Omega_2

Omega_2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    *Truncated and violated for relevance.

Another confirmation for cIOSrev14 softmod users, I patched only the game partitions' main.dol and loaded fine(also the reason I never came back like I said I would, game's addictive. XD)

13. neslinesli93

neslinesli93 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Please don't ignore me [​IMG]

So, if i have a modchip and if i don't own any of those stuff like usb loader or modified ios, i can't play at the moment New Super Mario Bros. Nice.
    I have a 4.2e system, should i use pimp my wii to "upgrade" my ios? And how?
    I'm such a noobish

14. manias

manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    do some research so you know what you have to do and how it all works

15. ArvinaLove

ArvinaLove GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks. I got it working by forcing NTSC. Are there any downsides to this?

16. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Gambia, The
    With cIOSrev14 + NeoGamma R8beta13 + "Search patches" enabled + the 2 .wip files in the NeoGamma folder on sd card should get the game to work for discs and usb, PAL and NTSC, softmod and hardmod. Well except for people with crappy modchip(no 001 handling) + disc.

17. Mawgoomba

Mawgoomba Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Ok, I've done all this things.
    I've patched the iso with both ways (old one and the new one)
    And every time I try to launch this game, I see a green screen for a few secs then it just returns to the Wii menu again.
    I'm on 4.1E PAL
    I'm using CiosCorp 3.5, same thing.
    With the neogamma launchers, same thing.
    Using rev14 or 15 doesn't make any difference.
    Hope someone can help me.
    'cause I want to play this game really bad.

18. KuRensan

KuRensan aka Pearbook

Netherlands
    Hmm Mine works fine Did you installed CIOS249 ??
    Maybe thats the problem because I have te same with GameCube games
    because I don't have cMIOS

19. Mawgoomba

Mawgoomba Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Ye I've installed Waninkoko's CIOS249 rev 14.
    And all other games work fine, only New Super Mario Bros. returns to the main screen.

20. kimmie

kimmie Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you very much for posting up the guide and all the other information. I've done all of it succesfully because of this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Super, Mario,