Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bootsector said:
How to get the NTSC version of this game working on your Wii via disc WITHOUT modchip:

:. Get an UNTOUCHED NTSC ISO of the game (New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_Wii-QwiiF works great)

:. Download this patch. Decompress every packakge inside it until you get several files with the qf-nsmbw_fixv2.bat file inside it.

:. Place the decompressed untouched ISO in the same folder as the qf-nsmbw_fixv2.bat file.

:. Run the qf-nsmbw_fixv2.bat and wait several minutes. Burn the fixed ISO.

:. You should NOT need IOS53

:. Play it with NeoGamma 7 (or greater) with cIOS Rev.14

:. Have fun!
With that patch, I have it working through the disk channel on two wii's, and you are correct when you say that you dont need IOS53, IOS53 is only needed for the Disk Channel not Loaders.

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hmmm , I have a wiikey modded NTSC-U wii (3.2U IIRC) , and the game gives me random DREs in the first 3 levels .
My wii is also softmodded by the way .
I've also tried playing the pal version , I can't even make it to the press start screen .

abowen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
"Safe" depends what you mean...First: If you have the PAL Game, then you can think about if you want to update. If you have the NTSC-Game, don't update. Now, as far as I know, it has the 4.1 Update. If you are already on 4.1 or even 4.2, it won't ask to update. And if you haven't modded your console, why the hell shouldn't it be safe?

Please, use the Search the next time...

I'm actually on 4.2U on my NTSC console and my retail disc still asks to update - which I haven't done but I'd LOVE to be able to play the real disc without screwing my stuff up - any ideas?

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the update on the disc....it took me from 4.0 to 4.1. Unlike what Ive heard, it only run one update that took about 10 to 15 seconds. my game still doesnt run, which I knew it wouldnt, but I wanted the update.

NTSC
modchip only
used full iso

electrico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
People are burning their brain cells to make this game play and if succeed they will burn them again playing it.For me the game is Ultra Hardcore.Very difficult.You need hours and hours to play it to learn super skills because that's the only way to make it to the end.

SpammyMcSpam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a modchip only user but I decided to softmod a bit to play. This is what I had

Wasabi Zero
4.2 US System

I installed HBC and used GeckoOS (thro SD card) with the cheat file and everything is working. I got to the level after the 1st castle. No cIOS, so to undo what I did, all I have to do is uninstall HBC thro the channel manager in Wii. (right?)

ISO was untouched and I had to place the code folder in the root of the SD card.

Win

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yesterday there was something written on the first page about patching an IOS to prevent the Wii to reboot itself but its gone now.
Could anyone help me?

catchit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bootsector said:
How to get the NTSC version of this game working on your Wii via disc WITHOUT modchip:

:. Get an UNTOUCHED NTSC ISO of the game (New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_Wii-QwiiF works great)

:. Download this patch. Decompress every packakge inside it until you get several files with the qf-nsmbw_fixv2.bat file inside it.

:. Place the decompressed untouched ISO in the same folder as the qf-nsmbw_fixv2.bat file.

:. Run the qf-nsmbw_fixv2.bat and wait several minutes. Burn the fixed ISO.

:. You should NOT need IOS53

:. Play it with NeoGamma 7 (or greater) with cIOS Rev.14

:. Have fun!

Somebody should put together a torrent with the above procedure (patch) already done. Would save on a lot of questions.

abowen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
abowen said:
Blue-K said:
"Safe" depends what you mean...First: If you have the PAL Game, then you can think about if you want to update. If you have the NTSC-Game, don't update. Now, as far as I know, it has the 4.1 Update. If you are already on 4.1 or even 4.2, it won't ask to update. And if you haven't modded your console, why the hell shouldn't it be safe?

Please, use the Search the next time...

I'm actually on 4.2U on my NTSC console and my retail disc still asks to update - which I haven't done but I'd LOVE to be able to play the real disc without screwing my stuff up - any ideas?

I actually just nutted up and did the update from disc anyway - took about 10 seconds and everything seems to work the same, hbc and everything. One drawback - the pal iso's saves don't work on my NTSC disc!! So after beating it I've got to beat it again! Self owned.

dale27

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
im running 3.4 and using backup launcher through homebrew channel. i purchased a retail copy but before i play i was just wondering if i could get the straight details of exactly what the 4.1u update will do and if my hbc will still be ok for backups. also, can you still install wads in 4.1u? i know you werent able to with 4.0 in the past which is why i never upgraded to 4.0.

or, can i avoid the update if i just run it through backup launcher instead or the disc channel (if that would even work). i would try myself but im not going to be home for a couple days. i apologize as im sure this has been asked numerous times. i just didnt feel like looking through a couple hundred pages.

Lunarial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lunarial said:
Lunarial said:
7) Back in WiiScrubber, search again for the main.dol, right klick -> Replace and select the patched main.dol

I want to do this in wiiscrubber, instead it gives the message

'Unable to find free space to add the file
frown.gif
'

what do I do?

EDIT: I just fixed it, for all people still with this problem

FIND MAIN.DOL IN PARTITION 1, NOT 0

alright, after doing this I still have another error.

Trying to load the burned disc with everything I got on my SD (Backup launcher, neogamma, softchipr99)
I keep getting a 'greenscreen' that stays when loading, I have to reboot my wii myself.
however, when I used neogamma, it gave the error 'The disc could not be read. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for details'

Does ANYONE know what to do?

still no answer
frown.gif

riahc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
UPDATE 20/11: New Super Mario Bros. Wii works now on USBLoaders, Disc-Loaders and ModChips. See the Instructions below![/p]
For USB-Loader Users:
-Try the newest NeoGamma R8Beta, Coverfloader, USBLoader GX, CFG-Loader or OpenWiiFlow, which all should be able to run the Game without any patches needed.
-Or put the fixed ISO on your Drive, using your Favorite Manager, and play it with any Loader you like.
-Or use CFG-Loader and the Alt.dol Trick (rename the fixed main.dol to SMNP.dol and place it under /usb-loader/. Then select in CFG-Loader Alt.dol from SD and play the game)

For Disc-Loader Users (no ModChip, only cIOS):
-The patched game with the PPF-Files below works fine with rev14 and NeoGamma/SoftChip.
-The patched game works with cIOS rev15, and USBLoader GX or uLoader 3.1.

ModChip Users:
-Try the newest NeoGamma R8Beta, which should be able to run the Game without any patches needed. THE ISO MUST BE UNPATCHED!
-Try GeckoOS, and this PAL or this NTSC Cheat File. Place it under /codes/, and activate Ocarina in GeckoOS.
-Or download and Install IOS53 and your System IOS (3.2-3.4 = IOS30, 4.0/4.1= IOS60, 4.2=IOS70) and patch them with the Trucha Patch. Use DOP-IOS MOD for this. You'll need a Wii that is connected to the Internet! ATTENTION: THIS IS DANGEROUS! HAVE BOOTMII AS BOOTv2 AND A BACKUP, OR LIFE WITH THE RISKS!

cIOSCORP Users:
-Patched Game with the PPF-Files below works fine with a rev 14 dipped IOS53-v5406 or IOS53-v5149.
-You'll find that one in cIOSCORP 3.5

Retail Disc Users:
-Disc will work fine from GeckoOS and DiscChannel
-It doesn't matter if you have a ModChip or a cIOS. The retail Disc will work fine!

QUOTE said:
Patching/Fixing the ISO:
QUOTE said:
1) Download the WiiScrubber 1.40 Package
2) Run the "MakeKeyBin.exe"
3) Open WiiScrubber, and select your ISO
4) Search for the main.dol -> right click -> Extract
5) Download THIS Package here, and your favourite PPF-Patcher (ex. PPF-O-Matic)
6) Open your PPF-Patcher, choose the main.dol for input and the PPFf-Patch for your region, and klick apply.
This is the patched main.dol that you can use for alt.dol-Loading. If you want to patch the ISO, read further.
7) Back in WiiScrubber, search again for the main.dol, right klick -> Replace and select the patched main.dol
8) Done. Exit WiiScrubber, and enjoy!

Or you can search for on the know ISO Sites for an already fixed release. DON'T ASK ANYONE WHERE TO GET THESE!!!

Credits:
-Thanks to this Website, where the Patch was found.
-Thanks to VKI, who made the PPF-Patches
-Thanks to WiiPower, who made the Loader Patches
-Thanks to WiiPower, Dack, Wiiwu, jakejm79, nutta_nic, RetroHero and carbonyle for correcting/giving Infos!
-Thanks for all Members/Coders contributing and helping!

(Feel free to correct me. I'll update the first post with Infos if something is wrong.)

This guide is basically god. Im using a softmod, Neogamma R8Beta, patched the game using the instructions, burned a patched ISO, and working great.

All this on the PAL version.

D

darklocust

Confirmed: 20/11 instructions works for DVD-R loading!

Also confirmed: New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_PROPER_FiX_Wii-iND which is probably the same fix but has an automated batch file and more n00b friendly

My setup:
1. cIOS38 r14
2. Untouched/non-patched IOS53-64-v5406.wad
3. Patched IOS70 for SM 4.2
4. NeoGamma r7 channel

pitnix

Trophies
XP
Country
So when I'm trying to launch my game, I can see the picture of the game on disc channel, but cannot load it, it's just a black screen.

I have wiikey2 with system menu 3.2 or 3.3E. Have I understand it right, now I only need to buy a SD card and throw in NeoGamma on it and be happy?

Thanks for answers.

Edit: The release wasn't fixed.

Project_Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i have read through a good amount of pages of this thread. I got the game working with Rev14 + Neogamma R7. But as i start the game it loads the menu, begining scene then says the disc cannot be read. I burned at 2.4x in IMGburn if that means anything. Should i reduce speed or use DVD Decrypter? The media is Verbatim DVD-R. Can i get some help?

catchit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm running a softmod 3.2U, with Neogamma R7 IOS249 (Rev14). I've also tried Neogamma R8 Beta 12 with no luck.

The game copies I've tried have stated the patch has been applied. ISO249 (a.k.a IOS38 rev 14) is on the system.

I've tried these ISO's with nothing but a green screen.

- New Super Mario Bros / Patched / Scrubbed Wii Pal
- New SUPER MARIO BROS. Wii.[NTSC][USA][PATCHED]
- [Wii]New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii[PAL][FullISO][WiiSOS.com]
- Super_Mario_Bros[NTSC][FIX]

I've also noticed Neogamma R7 doesn't have the 002 fix option anymore, is that normal?

Does anyone have an suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong?

Project_Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Project_Zero said:
Ok i have read through a good amount of pages of this thread. I got the game working with Rev14 + Neogamma R7. But as i start the game it loads the menu, begining scene then says the disc cannot be read. I burned at 2.4x in IMGburn if that means anything. Should i reduce speed or use DVD Decrypter? The media is Verbatim DVD-R. Can i get some help?

Also i patched the game myself with the PPF files linked in first post. I followed all instructions and everything went smooth. Its just as soon as the game play is about to start it says the disc cannot be read. Please help me!

Rossman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, so I searched the forum, and went through many many pages of this thread, and yet I'm still a little confused. I hope someone out there can help me!!!

I got ws_nsmbw_ntsc.iso (don't know if that's a good version...) and a wiikey v1 updated, and 4.2U on my wii. I burn it normally and it works for 5 minutes before getting that disc read error message. I apply the patch on the first page and on the wii menu it give me the disc error message. Am I missing a step somewhere? Is there a different patch I should be using? Should I get a different ISO?

I like to keep my games in really great condition, so I don't want to have to use my retail copy of NSMB, but I will if there's no way of this working. Thanks in advance for any help.

ZMan13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
________________________________________________________________________________
____ModChip Users:
-Try the newest NeoGamma R8Beta, which should be able to run the Game without any patches needed. THE ISO MUST BE UNPATCHED!
-Try GeckoOS, and this PAL or this NTSC Cheat File. Place it under /codes/, and activate Ocarina in GeckoOS.
-Or download and Install IOS53 and your System IOS (3.2-3.4 = IOS30, 4.0/4.1= IOS60, 4.2=IOS70) and patch them with the Trucha Patch. Use DOP-IOS MOD for this. You'll need a Wii that is connected to the Internet! ATTENTION: THIS IS DANGEROUS! HAVE BOOTMII AS BOOTv2 AND A BACKUP, OR LIFE WITH THE RISKS!

________________________________________________________________________________
____

So, in plain English it does not exactly work for ModChip users, am I correct?

I have not understood any single word in this guide. Are there any step-by-step instructions that start with "Power on your WII"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password