Tujiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scofield said:
For those with Drivekey hardmod:

NSMBW won´t run with it. Trying to run NSMBW with uloader 3.1 after softmodding your wii doesn´t work either, softmod/hardmod conflict.
To work around this you have to disable the Drivekey. (press eject 3 times to get to the Drivekey menu, then hold reset to disable)

The game will then run fine with uloader 3.1 and ios249.

Yes, I'm afraid it will run fine with Drivekey+Softmodding. And NO, you shouldn't disable your chip. In fact, it runs fine with disc-channel, but ONLY if your soft-modded as well. Something else is causing your problems in that situation.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
DalyTek said:
For some reason, when I try to run NeoGamma (or dop-ios for that matter) all I get is a black screen. From what I have read, I need to install some sort of IOS file(s) and the game should run fine from Disc Channel with my D2Pro, but I can't figure out how to install IOS files, and have no idea which one(s) to install.

Get DOP-IOS Mod and install IOS53 and your system menu IOS (IOS30 for 3.2-3.4, IOS60 for 4.0 and 4.1 and IOS70 for 4.2). When you install them, it will ask you if you want to apply the signature hash check to them. Say yes here, that's the so called "trucha bug".

if you dont want to dop your sysmenu IOS(incase of a brick) and have priiloader installed you can also set the sysmenu to run on IOS 249 and this will allow other channels to be loaded when the patched disk is inserted in the wii

DalyTek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
DalyTek said:
For some reason, when I try to run NeoGamma (or dop-ios for that matter) all I get is a black screen. From what I have read, I need to install some sort of IOS file(s) and the game should run fine from Disc Channel with my D2Pro, but I can't figure out how to install IOS files, and have no idea which one(s) to install.

Get DOP-IOS Mod and install IOS53 and your system menu IOS (IOS30 for 3.2-3.4, IOS60 for 4.0 and 4.1 and IOS70 for 4.2). When you install them, it will ask you if you want to apply the signature hash check to them. Say yes here, that's the so called "trucha bug".

Thank you for that info. I will try the DOP-ISO Mod. Do I need to download the IOS30 and IOS70 (I have 4.2U) or are in the DOP-MOD Package? Thanks again!

DalyTek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
CockroachMan said:
DalyTek said:

if you dont want to dop your sysmenu IOS(incase of a brick) and have priiloader installed you can also set the sysmenu to run on IOS 249 and this will allow other channels to be loaded when the patched disk is inserted in the wii

Forgive my newbness here, but I have no idea what that means at all. I don't have Priiloader, and do not know about IOS249. Is this a safer way to go? I don't really want to go changing the system and risking anything for this one game.

Tujiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DalyTek said:
CockroachMan said:
DalyTek said:

Thank you for that info. I will try the DOP-ISO Mod. Do I need to download the IOS30 and IOS70 (I have 4.2U) or are in the DOP-MOD Package? Thanks again!

Get DOP-IOS Mod V8. Judging from your statement above, if your on 4.2U then you would need to DOP-IOS -->IOS70. As far as the IOS' you could just use NUS Downloader 1.3 Beta to get them. Only if for some reason you cannot actually load DOP-IOS. Hope this is helpful.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On 4.1U, using a unscrubbed NTSC release patched with the PPF patch. Used Pimp My Wii and upgraded all the titles.

Works good so far on NeoGamma R7 with cIOS rev14.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
da_letter_a said:

thanks very much, at least the senior members have the courtesy of helping out than the new members just wanting to get the game to work then never to be herd of again til they want something else
You must be kidding. 185 pages in this thread alone, at least 20 topics created that are already answered in this and the game release postings, etc. etc. and you whine about nobody helping you do a simple search? Really? C'mon, you're kidding, right?

Kiddies, if you can't get this game working based on the updated original post in this thread then you should give up. Oh I know, you'll cry "that it doesn't match my exact situation" Bah! Search the 185+ pages and I'm sure you'll find the solution. Still not working? You've messed up or aren't smart enough to implement a fix. Go buy the real deal, hopefully you can figure out how to get that working.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
DalyTek said:
pepxl said:
CockroachMan said:
DalyTek said:

Forgive my newbness here, but I have no idea what that means at all. I don't have Priiloader, and do not know about IOS249. Is this a safer way to go? I don't really want to go changing the system and risking anything for this one game.

if you dont have priiloader then just ignore this and dont want to mess with the sysmenu, basically when your apping a signature hash check to your sysmenu IOS and suddenly you get a power cut and dont have boomii/boot2 your fucked basically. the sysmenu NEEDS that IOS to boot and if its corrupted it cant be used, then again priiloader/preloader patches the IOS when you install it or was this only on older revs?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Lazycus said:
pepxl said:
da_letter_a said:

thanks very much, at least the senior members have the courtesy of helping out than the new members just wanting to get the game to work then never to be herd of again til they want something else
You must be kidding. 185 pages in this thread alone, at least 20 topics created that are already answered in this and the game release postings, etc. etc. and you whine about nobody helping you do a simple search? Really? C'mon, you're kidding, right?

Kiddies, if you can't get this game working based on the updated original post in this thread then you should give up. Oh I know, you'll cry "that it doesn't match my exact situation" Bah! Search the 185+ pages and I'm sure you'll find the solution. Still not working? You've messed up or aren't smart enough to implement a fix. Go buy the real deal, hopefully you can figure out how to get that working.

i have it working had done since day 1, all i wanted was a mirror to the ppf patches other than uploading.com which i think most other ppl would want aswel as uploaing.comis complete shit saying you reached you DL limit when you dont even use their service to reach a limit anyway.

lets see you find another link is this mess other that the OP or any other uploading.com one then smart ass!

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Its rly simple to get working, just install or reinstall cIOS38r14, Install or reinstall IOS53 through DOP-IOS with the sig hash patch, then install cIOSCORP 3.5, then the extras which include cIOS55-v5149-v3.5-rev13_DIP.wad, cIOS55-v5149-v3.5-rev14_DIP, RVL-cmios-v4-v3.5-waninkoko, RVL-cmios-v4-v3.5-WiiGator. I know the last 4 extras have nothing to do with NSMBW, but hey it adds features so just install it. Then u should be able to load the game from the disc channel. As long as you the patch the game through steps below from the first post in this thread, burn at 1x and ur done. very simple.
1) Download the WiiScrubber 1.40 Package
2) Run the "MakeKeyBin.exe"
3) Open WiiScrubber, and select your ISO
4) Search for the main.dol -> right click -> Extract
5) Download THIS Package here, and your favourite PPF-Patcher (ex. PPF-O-Matic)
6) Open your PPF-Patcher, choose the main.dol for input and the PPFf-Patch for your region, and klick apply.
7) Back in WiiScrubber, search again for the main.dol, right klick -> Replace and select the patched main.dol
8) Done. Exit WiiScrubber, and enjoy!

hiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any one have a news update its almost been 1 week and only flatmii has a firmware update?

any luck of say a wiikey v1 update soon ?

or wiikey2 or ect..

why would the scene leave us modchip users out in the dark for so long ?

all modchips are up datable so when will updates come ?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hiver said:
any one have a news update its almost been 1 week and only flatmii has a firmware update?

any luck of say a wiikey v1 update soon ?

or wiikey2 or ect..

why would the scene leave us modchip users out in the dark for so long ?

all modchips are up datable so when will updates come ?
that's why the softmod method is the way to go gets updated more frequently no voiding of your warranty(opening console) and it's free(just a little research needed)

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
i have it working had done since day 1, all i wanted was a mirror to the ppf patches other than uploading.com which i think most other ppl would want aswel as uploaing.comis complete shit saying you reached you DL limit when you dont even use their service to reach a limit anyway.

lets see you find another link is this mess other that the OP or any other uploading.com one then smart ass!

So you weren't kidding? You really are whining about not having an updated link spoon fed to you? Sad. You've also proven my point - if a daft whiner like yourself can figure out how to get it working then anyone can. There's plenty of help in these threads, but please do a little work/research/searching before you whine about members helping you.

moximoore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingcool said:
nintenduh said:
@ Justincase (or anyone else)

I have no idea what to do with this file...when it comes to this subject I'm a total n00b and there is no way of crossing the gap between n00b and expert (manualwise)...
The manuals I find are either written for little kids or are expert.

So could you please give a n00b's explanation on how to use this file?

Thanks so much!
"how to Patch:

extract original ISO into a folder, then extract all files from this release into the same
folder as ISO, run ImageDiffGUI.exe, click browse for patch file, browse for original
ISO, then browse and put qf-nsmbw-patched.iso, then click go, after done patching,
burn or mount on USB HDD and play, all should be good from there"

I've gone through all manner of fixes to keep my v1 Wiikey going. This Mario Bros. Wii has got me stumped though.
I've gone through many different sites trying to fix this annoying disc read error it's been giving me. The most frustrating thing is that every one is giving mixed signals and different information that unfortunately is similar but slightly different every time. Some claim this fix worked while others have said it's not the correct method and say it won't work. There's like 3 or 4 different ways I've come across to do it if you have a hard modded system.

I have a v1 Wiikey, inside a v4.0U Wii that I had to apply the Mario Galaxy Gcos fix to some months ago.

First off, I can't get the patch to work. I've run across two so far the first where I have to rename the ISO to qf-nsmbw then double click on the batch file to get Dos going. It runs through every thing but always output the same 0kb file. So I moved on to the one on this page and followed some new instructions from Kingcool, I extracted every .rar file booted up ImageDiff, browsed for the patch, browsed for the ISO, and browsed and put in "qf-nsmbw-patched.iso" for the third choice. Now I get this weird error message after it finishes trying to patch the ISO "Exception: Wrong opposite image. Expected. MD5:o5022377C66DCC13DD8308B333C202DB" and it doesn't even give me a throwaway output file from it.

BUT, even if somehow I got this patch to work. What is the PROVEN next step? Do I just burn the patched ISO and toss it in? Or do I have to use something called NeoGamma and fiddle around with that?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Lazycus said:
pepxl said:

So you weren't kidding? You really are whining about not having an updated link spoon fed to you? Sad. You've also proven my point - if a daft whiner like yourself can figure out how to get it working then anyone can. There's plenty of help in these threads, but please do a little work/research/searching before you whine about members helping you.

i have it working had done since day 1, all i wanted was a mirror to the ppf patches other than uploading.com which i think most other ppl would want aswel as uploaing.comis complete shit saying you reached you DL limit when you dont even use their service to reach a limit anyway.!

lets see you find another link is this mess other that the OP or any other uploading.com one then smart ass

ive made it easier for you to read seen as tho your sight is impaired and youve proven you like trolling threads

hiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
way too much research until someone can supply a youtube video of how to make MY 1:1 backup (not qf) I made of nsmb wii
play on my wiikeyv1 4.1u nstc wii
then i can't with things like - trunch cios ios neogamma homebrew patched signed alt.dol gx gecko hbc bootmii wiihack wii scubber ect..

how do you guys even understand what u have ?

is any of this stuff u guys load on yer wii removable ? - what happens for next game released with update that everyone wants?

a modchip is simple i make my OWN backup and put disc in and play

i dont need homebrew channel to play what - snake, pong, tetris , sandtraps, - lol !!

listen i'm not here to fight with you guys but i bought a wiikey to play backups now that i can't play one no big deal i have an original but i hope my supplier wiikey puts out an update thats all
all this other stuff seems a bit extreme to play 1 game dont u guys think ?

moximoore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hiver said:
way too much research until someone can supply a youtube video of how to make MY 1:1 backup (not qf) I made of nsmb wii
then i can't with things like - trunch cios ios neogamma homebrew patched signed alt.dol gx gecko hbc bootmii wiihack wii scubber ect..

is any of this stuff u guys load on yer wii removable ? - what happens for next game released with update that everyone wants?

i dont need homebrew channel to play what - snake, pong, tetris , sandtraps, - lol !!

listen i'm not here to fight with you guys but i bought a wiikey to play backups now that i can't play one no big deal i have an original but i hope my supplier wiikey puts out an update thats all

LOL Yeah I admit it's gotten a bit extreme. But man, the satisfaction you get when you've done it right feels good. XD

DalyTek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried to use the DOP-IOS MOD (v8) and on both files, it ends with the message "HASH BAD"
What am I doing wrong?

Also, it asks at the start what IOS I want to use to load other IOS-es from???

moximoore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moximoore said:
Kingcool said:
nintenduh said:
@ Justincase (or anyone else)

I have no idea what to do with this file...when it comes to this subject I'm a total n00b and there is no way of crossing the gap between n00b and expert (manualwise)...
The manuals I find are either written for little kids or are expert.

So could you please give a n00b's explanation on how to use this file?

Thanks so much!
"how to Patch:

extract original ISO into a folder, then extract all files from this release into the same
folder as ISO, run ImageDiffGUI.exe, click browse for patch file, browse for original
ISO, then browse and put qf-nsmbw-patched.iso, then click go, after done patching,
burn or mount on USB HDD and play, all should be good from there"

I've gone through all manner of fixes to keep my v1 Wiikey going. This Mario Bros. Wii has got me stumped though.
I've gone through many different sites trying to fix this annoying disc read error it's been giving me. The most frustrating thing is that every one is giving mixed signals and different information that unfortunately is similar but slightly different every time. Some claim this fix worked while others have said it's not the correct method and say it won't work. There's like 3 or 4 different ways I've come across to do it if you have a hard modded system.

I have a v1 Wiikey, inside a v4.0U Wii that I had to apply the Mario Galaxy Gcos fix to some months ago.

First off, I can't get the patch to work. I've run across two so far the first where I have to rename the ISO to qf-nsmbw then double click on the batch file to get Dos going. It runs through every thing but always output the same 0kb file. So I moved on to the one on this page and followed some new instructions from Kingcool, I extracted every .rar file booted up ImageDiff, browsed for the patch, browsed for the ISO, and browsed and put in "qf-nsmbw-patched.iso" for the third choice. Now I get this weird error message after it finishes trying to patch the ISO "Exception: Wrong opposite image. Expected. MD5:o5022377C66DCC13DD8308B333C202DB" and it doesn't even give me a throwaway output file from it.

BUT, even if somehow I got this patch to work. What is the PROVEN next step? Do I just burn the patched ISO and toss it in? Or do I have to use something called NeoGamma and fiddle around with that?

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-154/ne...eogamma-815309/

I've just read in all these pages that the patched ISO will not work for mod chipped Wiis, and that I will have to wait for an update. But in that link to that forum, there are those claiming it worked fine for them. I guess the update versions have something to do with this, but I'm clueless otherwise anyway.
unsure.gif

oddgriffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hiver said:

it's only gonna get worse.nintendo went in one direction and caused alot of ppl to have to pay for this game that normally wouldn't have. what do you think they will do? all this stuff about softmodding is really simple once you go through the process and look at some of the questions asked in the forums and i'm kinda thinking about getting a modchip cause i think it would be best to have a chip and softmod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle