Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i can't try it on a totaly clean copy right now.... can someone confirm he was able to run it on a wii with wiikey installed,3.2 firmware and no CIOS or homebrew channel installed?

Baconmasterx

Trophies
XP
Country
Downloaded the patch and have the ISO file handy. Can't run the .exe program used to patch the ISO on my Macbook. Is there a Mac-friendly program that could be used to patch the ISO?

irishgond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I have rev 15 and NeoGamma R8 rev7, but I get green screen and reboot to the main wii menu....does it matter what version my Wii is..I'm on 3.3U

I have the USA Wii-Qwiif version and used the patch they put out and created the new patch iso...
[/quote]

This isn't the patch's fault. It sounds like you dont have IOS53 that you need. The IOS you need is included in the cIOSCORP package. Go get that. PT me if you need help. All you do is download the cIOSCORP package, take IOS53 out, & put it in the wad folder of your sd for installation. That should fix it. If not, do this process. This seems to fix everything needed.

1) Download & install one of Waninkoko's Custom Firmware Installers (4.1 is recommended)
2) (optional) If you had preloader, or another backup software that is gone now, reinstall it.
3) Install cIOS rev14 under 249 I believe.
4) Install cIOS rev15 under 249 through network.
5) Either install cIOSCORP or the IOS53 that comes with it.
6) Test the game.
[/quote]

OK so I installed Waninkoko 4.1 SM, installed cios rev 14 and 15 but I'm still getting the green screen and reboot to SM using a patched disc. I did not install cioscorp, but installed the cios53 v5149 from it.

mykids67

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingcool said:
nintenduh said:
@ Justincase (or anyone else)

I have no idea what to do with this file...when it comes to this subject I'm a total n00b and there is no way of crossing the gap between n00b and expert (manualwise)...
The manuals I find are either written for little kids or are expert.

So could you please give a n00b's explanation on how to use this file?

Thanks so much!
"how to Patch:

extract original ISO into a folder, then extract all files from this release into the same
folder as ISO, run ImageDiffGUI.exe, click browse for patch file, browse for original
ISO, then browse and put qf-nsmbw-patched.iso, then click go, after done patching,
burn or mount on USB HDD and play, all should be good from there"
Where I am on this is "lost". I have a wii with a modchip (D2pro) I am in the US and no homebrew stuff at all. I have the extracted iso, I have the patch, when I run the Imagediffgui.exe which tab do I use to browse from? Then you mention the qf-nsmbw.iso, the closest I have to that is qf-nsmbw_fisv2.iso.imageDiff I am correct in assuming that is the correct file and in what box does that go into. So in a nut shell which tab and in which lines do these files go into? If this method will work with my modded wii at all. Please Help me I am a complete noob to this and there is so much info out there that the more I am reading the more confused I am getting and most of the info seems to deal with soft modded wii. And what is ment by Don't forget to have the ISO 53 truncha bug signedfor this game?

Tujiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuzzyponken said:
"Don't forget to have the IOS 53 trucha bug signed for this game."

I don't understand what this means. Could someone offer a step-by-step tutorial in how to achieve this? Written for infants, preferably, as I'm terribly worried I might harm the Wii somehow. I've tried reading up on softmodding myself but there's just so many tutorials and information gathered here I don't even know where to start.
I mean, I don't even have an SD card, that's the level I'm at.

Honestly, if someone is not using Homebrew at all, then the IOS53 Trucha cannot even be obtained? Correct? Wouldn't you HAVE to have homebrew installed, or HBC? I mean, all these patches and fixes are no good for Hard-Mods that have 0% homebrew on the system correct? Because you still need a trucha signed 53? Correct?

Has anyone gotten NTSC-QF to work with this setup:

Drivekey
No Homebrew
4.1U

?

I can get it to work with drivekey+homebrew. But that's not what I want. I want to load via disc-channel, 4.1u NTSC, Drivekey.
smile.gif

Tujiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuzzyponken said:
"Don't forget to have the IOS 53 trucha bug signed for this game."

I don't understand what this means. Could someone offer a step-by-step tutorial in how to achieve this? Written for infants, preferably, as I'm terribly worried I might harm the Wii somehow. I've tried reading up on softmodding myself but there's just so many tutorials and information gathered here I don't even know where to start.
I mean, I don't even have an SD card, that's the level I'm at.

Honestly, if someone is not using Homebrew at all, then the IOS53 Trucha cannot even be obtained? Correct? Wouldn't you HAVE to have homebrew installed, or HBC? I mean, all these patches and fixes are no good for Hard-Mods that have 0% homebrew on the system correct? Because you still need a trucha signed 53? Correct?

Has anyone gotten NTSC-QF to work with this setup:

Drivekey
No Homebrew
4.1U

?

I can get it to work with drivekey+homebrew. But that's not what I want. I want to load via disc-channel, 4.1u NTSC, Drivekey.
smile.gif

irishgond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK..so grabbed the new fix\patch for the usa version...burning the iso now to DVD-R...does this HAVE to be on a DVD+R for softmod\neogamma disc load???

irishgond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool thx..will report back on my details and if it worked...

SOB!!! OK so I have NeoGamma R8 Beta 7, Waninkoko 4.1, cios 249 rev 15, newest cios 53, and the new patch and made the patched image....still not working..any ideas?

I'm pretty sure I'm making the image correctly using the GUI that comes in the patch package....

sKeEt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about to start working on getting this game to work as I have already burned the iso to a disc

then i started hearing that cIOS rev15 causes an error 001 on other peoples backups besides NSMB.

So unless there's another way to get it working without cIOS rev15 I wont even bother or may even buy the game.

HeBeertje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irishgond said:

SOB!!! OK so I have NeoGamma R8 Beta 7, Waninkoko 4.1, cios 249 rev 15, newest cios 53, and the new patch and made the patched image....still not working..any ideas?

I'm pretty sure I'm making the image correctly using the GUI that comes in the patch package....

Yeah same here, I can't get it to work with NeoGamma either. It does work with uloader 3.1 though. I just wish that loader wasn't butt ugly... and came as a wad...

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HeBeertje said:
irishgond said:

Yeah same here, I can't get it to work with NeoGamma either. It does work with uloader 3.1 though. I just wish that loader wasn't butt ugly... and came as a wad...
use usbloaderGX looks good

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Magus said:
well i can't try it on a totaly clean copy right now.... can someone confirm he was able to run it on a wii with wiikey installed,3.2 firmware and no CIOS or homebrew channel installed?
I was going to say that that's impossible but now I see what you mean.

What that person prolly did was use BannerBomb to run their apps. How?

Instead of grabbing the HackMii installer like you're are suppose to, they took the boot.dol from both TruchaBug Restorer and DOP-IOS MOD one at a time.

What I mean by that is they copied the private folder (BannerBomb) & the boot.dol for TBR. When they went into storage and BannerBomb asked if they'd like to load the boot.dol,(since it was TBR and not HackMii) TBR was loaded. Once they trucha signed their IOS36, they took their SD card, overwrote the boot.dol of TBR, and replaced it with the boot.dol for DOP-IOS MOD. Ran DOP-IOS MOD using BanerBomb once again, used IOS36 to load (now that its trucha signed), installed IOS53 & (Insert IOS # pertaining to your System Menu [can be found on 1st post]). Closed DOP-IOS MOD, removed files from the SD, and ran a PATCHED NSMB pertaining to their region without ever having to touch the Homebrew Channel.

Someone correct me if DOP-IOS MOD can use a virgin IOS36 but I'm pretty sure the IOS has to be trucha signed.

Thats how I SHOULD have done this but I didn't know I could do that. But now I know and I have really cool Homebrew along with Emulators so yeah. not bad, not bad at all(:

This idea was given to me by another Temper. Not sure it would work so don't hold me accountable.

~ Jon

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix said:
Has anyone noticed the game music stops randomly and the wii's drive flashes blue?

It only stops for me at then beginning of new levels and when you go in/out of warp pipes.
Could be because using a backup disc it only reads at 3x instead of the 6x for real discs.

Also i got it working from disc as well.

NO MODCHIP
4.2U with CIOS14
THE NEW PATCH FROM THIS THREAD
AN UNTOUCHED FULL ISO OF THE GAME

It works for me both on NeoGamma R7 and NeoGamma R8 B12 after patching the game with the new patch
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь