/ /____/ \ __/_________/
/___/ \/ Proudly Presents:

Game - New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_PROPER_FiX_Wii-iND

Release Date - 11.19.2oo9
Platform - Nintendo Wii
Country - USA
File Size - 1x2mb
File Name - ind-nsmbw-v2

This is a small fix for the new protection nintendo added.
It was quite easy to make with ImageDiff and allows you to
fix the protection. Basically it's the same as the
main.dol replacememt method that has been floating around
with a much easier to apply method of patching. This fix
completly removes the protection not like the fix before
that doesnt work with the softmod and CiosCorp.
Can be played
with softmods, Modchips, USB Loaders, etc. Don't forget to
have the IOS 53 trucha bug signed for this game.

Keep all console releases original and make patch fixes!
Newer methods of loading games will eventually make this
fix obsolete.

Thanks so much to QwiiF for the great release!

If you like the game, BUY it!

Everyone in the scene

====================================================================

And here's some links for you all.
smile.gif

http://www.gazup.com/Og3Tz-RapidShare/

http://www.gazup.com/Og3Tz-zShare/

http://www.gazup.com/Og3Tz-FileFactory/

http://www.gazup.com/Og3Tz-DepositFiles/

http://www.gazup.com/Og3Tz-Badongo/

http://www.gazup.com/Og3Tz-2Shared/

biggrin.gif

The Proper Version 2 Patch finally worked for me after 3 days of racking my brains on how to get this game to play as a Disc in the Wii only. It WILL only play through the Original System Menu Disc Channel, NeoGamma R8 beta4 and R8 beta 12 (without changing settings and launched only from the Homebrew Channel - I haven't tried other versions but I assume that they would work to - maybe not 12 though), ULoader 3.1(without changing settings and launched from the Homebrew Channel), Gecko v.1.9 (without changing settings and launched from both Homebrew Channel and from System Menu Channel). It will NOT play in Wii Backup Channel (made from Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma, IOS249) nor the Wii Disc Channel (made with Gamma 0.3 002 Fix) that are installed as System Menu channels. Here are my System specs:

1)Wii NTSC System 4.2U (softmod WITHOUT modchip installed from v4.2 Safe Firmware Updater).
2)StartPatch v.4.2.3U
3)Installed cIOS38 rev14 then installed cIOS38 rev15.
4)Used Pimp My Wii to automatically find and fix missing, outdated, or trucha bugless ioses.
5)Used Dop-IOS to update any IOS that needed updating.

I used Proper Version 2 Patch to patch qf-nsmbw.iso to qf-nsmbw_fixv2.iso and burned the qf-nsmbw_fixv2.iso using a Memorex DVD-R at 4X speed with Ashampoo Burning Studio. If I burned this iso at 6X speed it would give me a read error message when using all of the above working softwares. I have previously burned patched and hex edited NTSC and PAL iso's at 6X speed using CloneCD but that never worked. I also tried unpatched and unhex edited NTSC and PAL iso's and they did NOT work either. So, burning at 4X speed worked with this patch on an NTSC iso. Thank you very much......

Did you just burn the patched iso without running it through brickblocker? I have read different suggestions and do not know which is right. I am about to try both.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Your bag is getting bigger, MAH BOI.
Gonna need a bigger one again, soon.
I wonder what's for DINNER.

Anyway....
We still going on about this?
When it's working on dvd-r's and either via NeoGamma without the need of a broken ciosrev15, feel free to update the first page or fill this past 200 pages.

andydufresne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--- Try GeckoOS, and this PAL or this NTSC Cheat File (Thanks to Fenrir). Place it under /codes/, and activate Ocarina in GeckoOS. ---

Just want to thank the op. was able to get it to work on my wii. was getting DRE's after 5 mins or so when I run it from neogamma r8 beta 7 alone. So tried the trick above and it worked.

My system:
- Launch wii with wiikey V1
- 3.4u
- Installed HBC using twilight hack
- Followed this guy's instruction on installing WAD manager on 3.4u (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4PGVr7OxFQ)
- Installed GeckoOS and added cheat file in the SD card as instructed above

Worked great. Was able to finally learn softmodding as well which I put off for the longest time since my wiikey has served me well ever since

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
newfire01 said:
Did you just burn the patched iso without running it through brickblocker? I have read different suggestions and do not know which is right. I am about to try both.

This wasn't directed towards me but all i did was patch the game and burn the new iso and it works fine for me using neogamm R7 or neogamma R8 B12 from disc.

ZMan13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, how to to run this on WIIKEY 1 on either 4.1 or 4.2U?

I have a patched iso of a very well known US release.
This stuff about some trucha or cios is confusing, and I am not sure what it is all about. People keep saying about neogamma. What do I eat it with?
smile.gif

What I want is to run my burned disk without inconvenience of homebrew or any other application.

If not, can somebody post step by step instructios good enough to follow for a person who has no idea what those programs or cios (not sure what it is but i do think i got the name right) are for.

Thanks!

newfire01

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
newfire01 said:

This wasn't directed towards me but all i did was patch the game and burn the new iso and it works fine for me using neogamm R7 or neogamma R8 B12 from disc.

Okay thank you! Does that mean there will be an update? And should I apply it?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
newfire01 said:
icpmattj said:
newfire01 said:

Update for what?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZMan13 said:
So, how to to run this on WIIKEY 1 on either 4.1 or 4.2U?

I have a patched iso of a very well known US release.
This stuff about some trucha or cios is confusing, and I am not sure what it is all about. People keep saying about neogamma. What do I eat it with?
smile.gif

What I want is to run my burned disk without inconvenience of homebrew or any other application.

If not, can somebody post step by step instructios good enough to follow for a person who has no idea what those programs or cios (not sure what it is but i do think i got the name right) are for.

Thanks!

You will have to wait for the makers of the modchip to update the firmware before its played as a 1:1 copy no patching.The only way modchip people are getting it to play is be softmodding there wii.I know the Flatmii chip has updated firmware now that will play a 1:1 copy unpatched.

newfire01

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
newfire01 said:
icpmattj said:
newfire01 said:

Update for what?

I thought NSMB asks for an system menu update when inserted? I swear I read that.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it has 4.1 update on it.

Just use starfall or preloader and turn off the updates unless of course your strictly using a modchip then i'm not sure how it would go but modchips should play 1:1 copies regardless of what system menu your using except for this game now since it has new protection in it.

newfire01

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
Yeah it has 4.1 update on it.

Just use starfall or preloader and turn off the updates unless of course your strictly using a modchip then i'm not sure how it would go but modchips should play 1:1 copies regardless of what system menu your using except for this game now since it has new protection in it.

Cool thanks. I am doing straight softmod. I will try this with uloader 3.1, if that doesn't work I will try neogamma (which I usually use)

Daagar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
LxTrix said:
Has anyone noticed the game music stops randomly and the wii's drive flashes blue?

It only stops for me at then beginning of new levels and when you go in/out of warp pipes.
Could be because using a backup disc it only reads at 3x instead of the 6x for real discs.

Also i got it working from disc as well.

NO MODCHIP
4.2U with CIOS14
THE NEW PATCH FROM THIS THREAD
AN UNTOUCHED FULL ISO OF THE GAME

It works for me both on NeoGamma R7 and NeoGamma R8 B12 after patching the game with the new patch
smile.gif

I can confirm this scenario as working ("Proper" fix, NeoGamma R7, CIOS 14, 4.2U, soft-mod only). I haven't validated the music issue as I was running with sound off... but I played through World 1-1 and some of 1-2 without issue. Haven't yet tested past that.

And as with icpmattj, I did not have to do anything with IOS53. Will see if it becomes necessary at a later point...

abowen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've searched but this is a huge topic so I really could have missed the answer to my question easily - I've already played (and beat) the game from USB Loader, but I actually own the game and would like to play it from the disc (so much easier for roommates and family to understand).

I'm updated to 4.2U (using xzxero's guide) but when I put the game in it asks to do an update anyway. If I do the update will I be able to go back in and re-install my softmod? Thanks fellas!

scry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow.. I can't believe the problems I'm having with this game.. Everyone is saying that it should run on the USB loaders, (using USB Loader GX recently updated). However after install I get a Disc Error.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should be updated, I can confirm it works on 4.1U cIOS38Rev14 Neogamma R7 (that's right R7)

use this patch : New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_PROPER_FiX_Wii-iND
use this iso : New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_Wii-QwiiF

Put iso and patch in same folder, do NOT change file names.
Run the patch wait for it to finish and burn the resulting iso.

Finished world 1 just to test, works fine so far, but damn is disc loading slow compared to usb!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I ran signcheck on my wii because someone said that my ios53 was bugged when i know it wasn't. Here is the report i got.

"SignCheck 0.3b aka loveSexWii build report"
"Wii region", Usa
"Wii unique device id", XXXXXXXX

"IOS number", "Trucha bug", "Flash access", "Boot2 access", "Usb2.0 IOS tree"

"IOS250 (ver 65535)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled
"IOS249 (ver 14)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled
"IOS223 (ver 4)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS222 (ver 4)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS202 (ver 2)", Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS70 (ver 6687)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS61 (ver 5405)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS57 (ver 5661)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS56 (ver 5405)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS55 (ver 5149)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS53 (ver 5406)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS38 (ver 3867)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS37 (ver 3869)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS36 (ver 3094)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS35 (ver 3349)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS34 (ver 3348)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS33 (ver 3091)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS31 (ver 3349)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS28 (ver 1550)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS22 (ver 1037)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS17 (ver 775)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS14 (ver 520)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS13 (ver 273)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled

So i can confirm it will work from a disc with this new patch using neogamma r7 or r8b12 with cios rev14 and the latest ios53 without trucha.

You can tell a difference in the speed of the game when playing it from disc as apposed to usb.Plus the music hanging issue.

Ory

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting a blackscreen when loading from USBLoaderGX (r838). The .iso I'm trying to run is PAL scrubbed/removed update partition, ripped by a group called Nitro. I'm on a console with 3.2E (purchased in Q1-Q2 2007 if that matters). Not sure which IOSes/cIOSes I have installed, it's been a while since I messed around with all that.

Anyone got any tips for how to solve this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol