t-bot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ole jason said:
ole jason said:
Can I go ahead and apply the update that comes with the disc?

Anyone know if this is okay? I can't try any methods because the game is demanding an update

Is there a release that will not call for the update? I keep seeing people mention a release with the update removed but I haven't been able to find that ISO anywhere

Thanks

You could also use Wiu 1.1 to remove the update...
This program worked perfect since my first Wii backup.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valgreen said:
urherenow said:
Because you are using an out of region game on an old system menu. Some people actually want to play the US version on thier US Wii.

There is no differnce between pal and ntsc versions other than your ignorance...and hey it works for me . You go and fight threw the trouble on your new sys menu..

Fact of the matter is it works brilliantly if you don't mess with things..
Don't call me ignorant... now you're just being stupid. There ARE differences between the PAL and NTSC versions. Why the heck do you think the offsets are so different to patch out the protection? Or that without PROPER region free hacks, you will just get a Green screen or a picture that just scrolls in black and white on you?

You asked, I answered. If you don't like the answer, then don't ask the question. Just go ahead and try showing me a USA NSMB playing on a USA Wii with cIOS rev14 without a mod chip.

And there isn't any trouble with the new system menu unless you play lots of different region games. If that's the csae then there is no reason at all not to at least update to 4.1. Running VC games from the SD card was an awesome (and long overdue) thing for Ninty to put in...

bigant262

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help, I went out and bought this game, and dumped it and tried to play off my hard drive but it doesn't work. So I tried to play the game itself and it tells me to update. Is it ok if I update or what do I do?

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
urherenow said:
Valgreen said:
urherenow said:
Because you are using an out of region game on an old system menu. Some people actually want to play the US version on thier US Wii.

There is no differnce between pal and ntsc versions other than your ignorance...and hey it works for me . You go and fight threw the trouble on your new sys menu..

Don't call me ignorant... now you're just being stupid. There ARE differences between the PAL and NTSC versions. Why the heck do you think the offsets are so different to patch out the protection? Or that without PROPER region free hacks, you will just get a Green screen or a picture that just scrolls in black and white on you?

You asked, I answered. If you don't like the answer, then don't ask the question. Just go ahead and try showing me a USA NSMB playing on a USA Wii with cIOS rev14 without a mod chip.

And there isn't any trouble with the new system menu unless you play lots of different region games. If that's the csae then there is no reason at all not to at least update to 4.1. Running VC games from the SD card was an awesome (and long overdue) thing for Ninty to put in...

There is no difference between both games in terms of play value, levels, gameplay ect. I'm not refering to vid mode, common. Also I never asked anything, I posted how things worked for me. You took it upon yourself to post these things. So go rant ect, your only making yourself look like a fool. And this thread is not about getting nsmb NTSC working on a NTSC console, get a grip and stop trying to enlarge your epeen.

CwTCwT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok this is crazy i been reading this stuff for days nows. Can anyone confirm a way to make this run on a soft modded Wii with a disc, is all i like to know

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valgreen said:
urherenow said:
Valgreen said:
urherenow said:

There is no difference between both games in terms of play value, levels, gameplay ect. I'm not refering to vid mode, common. Also I never asked anything, I posted how things worked for me. You took it upon yourself to post these things. So go rant ect, your only making yourself look like a fool. And this thread is not about getting nsmb NTSC working on a NTSC console, get a grip and stop trying to enlarge your epeen.

Alright guys, all that does is take up posting space. Technically, this is for NTSC & PAL, because of the title of the thread...

Anyway, I had forgotten to tell people for softmod, that when I first put rev14 on, I used a custom firmware installer, 4.1, first, to update & wipe off old rev info. Just wanted to say that, since it might help in the future.

Em1l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rob_909 said:
Here is how I got this game running in three steps. softmod only. ntsc in my case.

1) patched and scrubbed nsmb is required. get it.
2) cios rev 15 installed. simply get the .dol file and rename it boot.dol and install it through homebrew channel. create a directory in your apps on the SD card, name it whatever you want, and drop the boot.dol file in there and install ios249 with it via network. this will all be clear to you when you run the .dol from homebrew. (this is how i install a cios, and figured i would elaborate because many ask)
3) get uloader 3.1 (must be 3.1) and load it through homebrew channel. make sure you have your nsmb disc in and then press 2 to load from a disc.
4) save the princess

I have pal. And i tried this but nothing. Still, the green screen. i hate this green screen !! aahhh!

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Em1l said:
rob_909 said:
Here is how I got this game running in three steps. softmod only. ntsc in my case.

2) cios rev 15 installed. simply get the .dol file and rename it boot.dol and install it through homebrew channel. create a directory in your apps on the SD card, name it whatever you want, and drop the boot.dol file in there and install ios249 with it via network. this will all be clear to you when you run the .dol from homebrew. (this is how i install a cios, and figured i would elaborate because many ask)
3) get uloader 3.1 (must be 3.1) and load it through homebrew channel. make sure you have your nsmb disc in and then press 2 to load from a disc.
4) save the princess

I have pal. And i tried this but nothing. Still, the green screen. i hate this green screen !! aahhh!

***facepalm to rob***

You must have a working rev14 before installing rev15. Rev15 only adds a few patches & replaces a few IOS' that way. I don't know why it works, but it does.

Em1l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gokuguy said:
Em1l said:
rob_909 said:

4) save the princess

***facepalm to rob***

You must have a working rev14 before installing rev15. Rev15 only adds a few patches & replaces a few IOS' that way. I don't know why it works, but it does.

Well..actually i don't know what rev i have. i'm not sure! so far i ve been playing games with neogamma. My neogamma is r4 i think and rev 7. i don't know why it's rev 7! i installed rev 15 and tried to play it with neogamma r8 from the hbc but still the green screen.i'm so confused lol. Im thinking of bying the game actually this friday is out. Do you know if you can skip the update from the original disc? 'Cause i'm on 4.1 and don't want to update as i'm afraid my wii is going to brick.

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Em1l said:
gokuguy said:
Em1l said:
rob_909 said:

4) save the princess

***facepalm to rob***

Well..actually i don't know what rev i have. i'm not sure! so far i ve been playing games with neogamma. My neogamma is r4 i think and rev 7. i don't know why it's rev 7! i installed rev 15 and tried to play it with neogamma r8 from the hbc but still the green screen.i'm so confused lol. Im thinking of bying the game actually this friday is out. Do you know if you can skip the update from the original disc? 'Cause i'm on 4.1 and don't want to update as i'm afraid my wii is going to brick.

Get Preloader. Its a backup device for the wii, encase anything bricks your wii, & with the right hacks.ini, you can skip updates from disks.

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Em1l said:
rob_909 said:

4) save the princess

I get the green screen too.
frown.gif
Any solution for it?

lvholanda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running the game from Disc Channel with Wiikey 1.9s, NTSC USA FIX version! Great game!
I'm playing for like... 2 hours, and no Errors!

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lvholanda said:
I'm running the game from Disc Channel with Wiikey 1.9s, NTSC USA FIX version! Great game!
I'm playing for like... 2 hours, and no Errors!

more info please.......no one can play just from disc channel and just the fixed version. HBC? whats installed

Tujiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone gotten this to work with a Drivekey using the Disc Channel? NTSC version.

If so, how? Running 4.1u

I know it can run via a disc loader, but what about the above question?

thx.

RetroHero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CwTCwT said:
Ok this is crazy i been reading this stuff for days nows. Can anyone confirm a way to make this run on a soft modded Wii with a disc, is all i like to know

The solution has been around for days! even on this thread. I have been saying it 100 times. Over here and over at the backup launcher forums.

Patched game + uloader 3.1 + cios rev 15 = working game

Everyone who has tried this says it works, and it has been working fine for me.

pinkshirt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gokuguy said:
electrico said:
wilcd said:
NO MODCHIP TEAM HAS ANSWERED YET ??????

what's Flatmii for you ? a new gift inside Happy Meal??

So... flatmii is working without problems?..

By what I read earlier, it is fixed with the latest update for it. I'm not completely sure, because I don't do modchip, but I thought I saw it somewhere a few pages back. It might have just been saying that its being worked on.

As I posted earlier, Flatmii is fixed. It will happily play patched or unpatched NTSC or PAL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: freaky versio- clean version