Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

hiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megadeoxys said:
Can someone bring the guide to how to fix the NTSC version again?
I lost it in the thousands of pagesXD

agree
i need to know how to use the ind patch because i don't understand
has way too many .rar's and .exe's & just a ton of files so how do i use it?
I'm trying because its worth a shot i heard it works on some systems wiikeyv1 modchip only
anyone help or confirm ?

tai9699

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time i have ever posted:-).....anyways i am trying to get nsmb to work on usb-config v47-fat......I wish i had money for an actual hdd instead of micro sd cards and adapter anyways back to the point....It blank screens on me with patch...and i get the rest your wii blah blah blah w/o patch i thought cfg v47 was supposed to fix this or is there an issue because i am running off of fat with hermies 222 rev4???? Any help woud be appreciated and for some reason guitar hero 5 stopped working when i installed rev4 of hermes....are these related? If i have to use wbfs thats fine...i have a card around here somewhere already formatted oh and wii 4.1u cios rev 14 as well

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aeon said:
well I did do... on neo gamma r7 I get error 1269 and with orther games like castlevania I get error #001!

001 errors on games is the result of rev15. If you really wanna play NSMB on disc, at this time, you have to make that choice. You can fix it with DVD+R booktyping to DVD-ROM. For the error you get on Mario, try reinstalling rev14, then rev15 again. Also, try to get your IOS installed before installing rev15 again.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gokuguy said:
Aeon said:
well I did do... on neo gamma r7 I get error 1269 and with orther games like castlevania I get error #001!

001 errors on games is the result of rev15. If you really wanna play NSMB on disc, at this time, you have to make that choice. You can fix it with DVD+R booktyping to DVD-ROM. For the error you get on Mario, try reinstalling rev14, then rev15 again. ``Also, try to get your IOS installed before installing rev15 again``.

what does that mean( i have something like ios 249 maybe pming me should help me pm me what to do or somethign like that!)

tai9699

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just Failed on wbfs as well...by patch i mean alt dol method........wtf am i doing wrong
cry.gif
cry.gif
This is the first game that has me stumped i was proud for never having to post before and bug ppl. In the mean time ill play nsmb for ds

gunz1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed working on backup disc.
3.2u Softmodded Twilight HBC
Neogamma 3 ios249 rev15
I've added cioscorp's cIOSCORP_v3.3_dmm has many iso's and files I think there's a newer version 3.5.
cIOS rev15 through this website tutorial http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249
and the nitro release of the game that is 394.1MBs comes up as 375.88MBs in torrent loader extracts as 4.37 GB (4,699,979,776 bytes) there is no additional file that it claims to need, Google it. I'm on world 7 in game.
burnt using Imgburn Memorex DVD+R 16X 4.7GB write speed 2.4X booktype DVD+R

hiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay please help

i know about the patch ? is which one now there's 3 of them

the main.dol
the truncha
the ap fix

which one do i need ? which one will allow me to play on wiikey v1 ?

can someone walk me through on how to apply the patch and which one to use

t-bot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hiver said:
okay please help

i know about the patch ? is which one now there's 3 of them

the main.dol
the truncha
the ap fix

which one do i need ? which one will allow me to play on wiikey v1 ?

can someone walk me through on how to apply the patch and which one to use

Here is what I did to the image to get it working for me on my 4.1U wii
I had the file: New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_main.dol_FiX_Wii-iND

Open Wii-iND Fix folder, there are 2 ind-nsmbw archives but in reality there is only 1 split in 2
Right click on one of them and select extract to ind-nsmbw\
Open the new created ind-nsmbw folder, right click ImageDiff archive and extract to ImageDiff\
open ImageDiff folder and double click on the ImageDiffGUI to start the application

Stay on the Patch Image tab
Under Patch, click browse to locate the patch (qf-nsmbw.iso.ImageDiff)
Under Foreign image, click browse for the un-touched QwiiF iso
Under New Image, click browse to select the place/name for the new fixed iso (Don't forget to name it .iso)
Then click Go on bottom of the page, wait was about 5 minutes for me.
Then burn to disk and play from disc channel

Hope this helps...

nintenduh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can anyone help me!

I have:
Wiikey (since I have an old Wii, I think I have a wiikey 1)
My systemversion is 4.1
I don't have an internetconnection on my wii (no wireless networks around).

I have a USB stick and I have a SD card.

Is there a way to play new super mario bros wii WITHOUT using the internet/network (just to be clear: I do have a pc with internet:P)

rsyss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am playing a Scrubbed PAL Unpatched DVD Version on my NTSC Wii, yes i am playing the game via DVD.

I have a hardmodded wii with wiikey 2, 4.0u, with ciso38 rev 15 installed, and i can play via Neogamma r8beta 7, without crashing and with saves working

i tryed via ubs many times during 4 days, with all kind of isos and got no luck, it only worked that way i posted above (through DVD version)

the first release (unpatched pal and scrubbed - 370MB)

MrBananman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
josecostella said:
Hi guys,

I have a Wii with modchip on it (don't remember what version 1.x or 2.x). Currently, it could play all games just fine but I am not able to go into Wii setup. Therefore, I don't have a way to upgrade the firmware. My question is:

Is this New Super Mario Bros. would allow me to bring up the Wii's setup screen so that I can do an upgrade to 3.x+ or should I need something else? If anyone know how to fix this issue please give me a detail guidance of things to do. Your advice is much appreciated.

Thank you all,
JC

Working here with: Hard modded with Cyclowiz, Wii 4.1U, previously trucha bugged with only cIOS249 (rev 4), loaded ONLY through neogamma (newest version). Works with that info, does not work through normal disc channel, in fact errors right when the dsic is entered unless neogamma is already running.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
nintenduh said:
Can anyone help me!

I have:
Wiikey (since I have an old Wii, I think I have a wiikey 1)
My systemversion is 4.1
I don't have an internetconnection on my wii (no wireless networks around).

I have a USB stick and I have a SD card.

Is there a way to play new super mario bros wii WITHOUT using the internet/network (just to be clear: I do have a pc with internet:P)
It's easier to have the wifi for network installation of the cIOS, but there should be .wad's out somewhere, but I've no idea where to find them other than trying to google it.
You don't need to have net to play the game, unless I answered that already XD

ole jason

Trophies
XP
Country
ole jason said:
Can I go ahead and apply the update that comes with the disc?

Anyone know if this is okay? I can't try any methods because the game is demanding an update

Is there a release that will not call for the update? I keep seeing people mention a release with the update removed but I haven't been able to find that ISO anywhere

Thanks

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not to sure why people are having so many issues. I haven't touched my wii in about 6 months, softmodded on 3.4u w/ cioscorp. All I did was install cios rev 14, grabbed the latest neogamma launcher and away I went. Have a patched pal version of the game, force ntsc under neogamma and the game runs flawlessly. Played for 2 hours or so last night without any issues, 3 players at that.

So no idea why people are saying you MUST have cios rev 15, didn't need it for me. And yes I have the oh so precious ios 53 installed.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ole jason said:
ole jason said:
Can I go ahead and apply the update that comes with the disc?

Anyone know if this is okay? I can't try any methods because the game is demanding an update

Is there a release that will not call for the update? I keep seeing people mention a release with the update removed but I haven't been able to find that ISO anywhere

Thanks

Get preloader or something like it that allows you to disable the "check for update" feature

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
urherenow said:
Because you are using an out of region game on an old system menu. Some people actually want to play the US version on thier US Wii.

There is no differnce between pal and ntsc versions other than your ignorance...and hey it works for me . You go and fight threw the trouble on your new sys menu..

Fact of the matter is it works brilliantly if you don't mess with things..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan