Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jetsjets said:
rasputin said:
jetsjets said:
I have a D2Ckey and I cannot get this to work. I used DopIOS and patched IOS53 and 70 like the first page in this thread suggested. I see the game in the disc channel but when I hit start it just goes to a black screen. any ideas?

check faq no. 7 on this thread, seems d2ckey isn't working at all... http://translate.googleusercontent.com/tra...Z8lyfQr16FaMlNA

jeez thats a huge bummer

unsure.gif
... guess all we can do is wait then

Mazuli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rizzod said:
really... i cant believe this topic is still going like this....
USE A FREAKING USB LOADER ALREADY!... GOD!
Except people have gotten it to load off a disc so unless they are all lying (which I doubt) then it works on a disc.

ole jason

Trophies
XP
Country
rizzod said:
really... i cant believe this topic is still going like this....
USE A FREAKING USB LOADER ALREADY!... GOD!

You're seeing a huge influx of people who haven't really kept up to date on wii hacking for several months

Eikon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
installed cios v38 rev 15, used neogamma r8 beta 12, both patched and unpatched discs tried and it resets back to wii menu with no cursor. WTF

* edit *
could the fact im using system menu 4.0 have anything to do with it?

Kooper113

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Won't work for me via disk (game is scrubbed and patched).

system menu 4.1
ciso38 rev15
neogamma r8 beta 12

So nobody knows why some are saying it's fine while others no? Anyone who said it's working you have NO chip of any kind right?

Mazuli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I admit I haven't done much with my Wii for quite a while (I think the last time I had to was almost a year ago). Everything has worked flawlessly until now. Back then I had no idea what these IOS's were. After a lot of struggling and reading and still no luck I guess I must have made a mistake somewhere. I'll just list all the information I can, whether or not it's relevent. Maybe I screwed something up somewhere.

I have no modchip.
I set up the preloader to its default settings. The IOS for it is 36.
I followed the instructions for the Trucha Bug thing where I load IOS36, downgrade IOS 15, restore IOS 15, etc. I didn't quite understand what all this meant but I carefully followed the instructions step by step and it all seemed to work correctly.
I installed cIOS38_rev15 with IOS36 to install it using the network download.
I installed Firmware Updater 4.1 following all its instructions so my firmware is now 4.1U.
I updated my Homebrew Channel to 1.0.6 IOS21 v3.1.4 through a network download that Homebrew Channel recommended to me when I loaded it.
I used Dop-IOS MOD and, using IOS36, I updated every single IOS to the latest version.
I installed Uloader 3.1 and can run it from both the Homebrew Channel and the main Wii channels.
I installed Neogamma R8 beta 7 to the wii channels.
I have Neogamma R8 beta 12 on the homebrew channel.
I put a working game in Uloader 3.1 so that I can modify the settings. I changed the IOS to 249 as some people have suggested. (222 was the default and didn't work).

I put the patched game into my Wii, run Uloader 3.1, press 2 to go to DVD mode, and wait for about 10 seconds. I get DVD Error -2.
I put the patched game into my Wii, run Neogamma R8 beta 7 and don't change any settings. I choose Launch Game on DVD and after a few seconds I get DVD Read Error 1053.
I put the patched game into my Wii, run Neogamma R8 beta 12 and don't change any settings. I choose Launch Game on DVD and after a few seconds I get DVD Read Error 1054.

Perhaps someone who has the game working or understands better can tell me what I'm missing, what I screwed up, or anything else helpful.

tpformbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Frankdj said:
jetsjets said:
rasputin said:
jetsjets said:
I have a D2Ckey and I cannot get this to work. I used DopIOS and patched IOS53 and 70 like the first page in this thread suggested. I see the game in the disc channel but when I hit start it just goes to a black screen. any ideas?

check faq no. 7 on this thread, seems d2ckey isn't working at all... http://translate.googleusercontent.com/tra...Z8lyfQr16FaMlNA

jeez thats a huge bummer

unsure.gif
... guess all we can do is wait then

Unless I was lied to when i got my wii chipped (only wiikey and similar, and d2ckey were out at the time) i'm running with a d2ckey. Have never had any 002 problems so i'm 99% sure it is a d2ckey, as the wiikey updates wouldn't run either when tested. I can boot the game up, but it crashes with a DRE after 10 minutes every time.

Will have to try and do some softmodding again
unsure.gif

Cozmo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine works fine off of USB and it works fine off the DVD with main.dol patched. Haven't updated to rev 15 and no mod chip. Will buy the game next weekend because it's worth buying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii