Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It works fine off disc on a softmod. Better than on modchips, actually.
EDIT: Replied to a bit old post... oh well
tongue.gif

Em1l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jdbye said:
tongue.gif

Well it still gives me a green screen and then back to the wii menu. i've tried uloader, neogamma r7 and r8. nothing. the same thing. How can u say it works fine!! can u please tell me what u did
biggrin.gif
please.

kaylapuppy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a NTSC 4.0u Wii with the D2CKey chip installed.

I've never installed or updated any ios before. All previous games have no problems.

I have the NTSC iso but before I burn it and try it I have a couple of Noob questions.

Should I let the game perform a system update ? I do already have homebrew channel installed.

Should I install NeoGamma and use that to run the disc ? And should the iso be brick blocked first ?

I am not new to the wii, but I am new to anything softmod related, so all the ios talk is confusing for me.

Any help appreciated.

SpammyMcSpam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have a Wasabi Zero and the most updated firmware for Wii. I cannot get this to boot. Is it possible to get this to work without installing softmods on it? Is it possible to get a bootable iso for NeoGamma?

pakbeka

Trophies
XP
Country
cruzrincon said:
Working Perfect!

Full untouched ISO
Burnt at 2x on HP DVD Media
Wikey2 Modchip
Full softmod on System menu 4.1U
Neogamma R8 Force 480i NTSC

It also plays on Disc channel with patched IOS53, but I keep getting a DRE after finishing 1-1
what do you mean by full softmod? what else do I need besides neogamma and rev15? and which release of the iso was it?

andresilva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Guys i have installet USB Loader GX , but when it starts if i dont force to nothing stays on a black screen, if i force pal or something stays on Green Screen :| Why?

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Em1l said:
Jdbye said:
tongue.gif

Well it still gives me a green screen and then back to the wii menu. i've tried uloader, neogamma r7 and r8. nothing. the same thing. How can u say it works fine!! can u please tell me what u did
biggrin.gif
please.

Are you using NeoGamma Rev 8 Beta 7?
You have to use that or it wont work.

deundead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jetsjets said:
Frankdj said:
I have a 4.2 Wii with D2CKEY... I literally never had any problems with running games over the past 2 years without ever updating or replacing my modchip.

It seems to be that NSMBW is the first game to stop this... but it seems like there are no patched iso's to solve this?

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I had posted this question a few pages earlier.

jetsjets said:
I've been reading through this thread and haven't come across a definitive answer on whether anyone has gotten this to successfully work via the disc channel. Seems like most people here have softmodded systems. I'm at 4.2U with a D2Ckey, HBC installed, Bootmii installed. Can't seem to get it to work via the disc channel.

Will the methods described on the first page of this thread for modchip users

QUOTE-Or download and Install IOS53 and your System IOS (3.2-IOS30, 4.0/4.1= IOS60, 4.2=IOS70) and patch them with the Trucha Patch. Use DOP-IOS for this, and play the fixed ISO. You'll need a Wii that is connected to the Internet

get this to work via the disc channel without installing NeoGamma or GeckoOS?

thanks in advance for the help. This thread has just gotten massively long and it seems that users are having all kinds of different results.

This method does work. I have a d2pro chip and after patching IOS53/IOS70 (4.2) through DOP-IOS MOD, I can play NSMB directly from disc channel perfectly.

jetsjets

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great! Thank You!

Patching IOS53/70 doesn't screw up anything else does it?

Upside down HBC / launching Wiiware from SD card or anything weird like that?

thanks again!

Em1l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
biggrin.gif
please.
[/quote]

Are you using NeoGamma Rev 8 Beta 7?
You have to use that or it wont work.
[/quote]

Yes. I used neogamma rev8 beta 7 from the homebrew channel and it still gave me a green screen and then back to wiimenu. Maybe i didnt install rev 15 properly? Because when i run the neogammarev8beta7 from the homebrew it said something about a rev that i have to upgrade i think? i think it said that i have rev 7 and neogamma is made to work with rev14. But i thought i installed rev15? this is getting too confusing lol.
This friday the game comes out maybe i should just buy it. I hope you can skip the update from the disc.
frown.gif

Frankdj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jetsjets said:
Great! Thank You!

Patching IOS53/70 doesn't screw up anything else does it?

Upside down HBC / launching Wiiware from SD card or anything weird like that?

thanks again!

Let me know if this works, since I see a lot of replies throughout this thread op ppl complaining that it doesn't work. Let's hope it has an other effect on the D2Ckey users
smile.gif

andresilva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
dude , some one read my problem? maybe is something easy and i just dont know xD...
i cant playit via my wii menu, by the USB LOADER GX Channel, but when i open Home Brew Channel, and then USB Loader GX with the same options on than the channel(#002 ) it works
ohmy.gif

WHY?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK this is for Disc Loaders ONLY!!!

I FINALLY got this game working so Im going to give you very easy steps on how to get it to work

1) Download and burn (at 2x) the PATCHED/fixed ISO

2) Install cIOS v.15

3) Load your disc using ULoader

I PROMISE you it worked for me for 99% chance it will work for you
wink.gif
Have fun!

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is getting absolutely ridiculous with responses. the first post should be updated again to cut down on this nonsense

to all having problems with waninkokos cios38 regardless of revision, STOP USING WANINKOKO'S CIOS38

install hermes v4 cios38 and all will be well. I used cios38+60 personally since i don't have a vanilla cios38, but it works perfectly. enabled oo2 fix and it's all set.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
So it is not possible for softmodded wii to run an unpatched ISO ?

ziddey said:
this is getting absolutely ridiculous with responses. the first post should be updated again to cut down on this nonsense

to all having problems with waninkokos cios38 regardless of revision, STOP USING WANINKOKO'S CIOS38

install hermes v4 cios38 and all will be well. I used cios38+60 personally since i don't have a vanilla cios38, but it works perfectly. enabled oo2 fix and it's all set.

And the way to do that ? Where can we find Hermes cIOS and an explanation ? Better than Wanin's ?

oddgriffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
andresilva said:
dude , some one read my problem? maybe is something easy and i just dont know xD...
i cant playit via my wii menu, by the USB LOADER GX Channel, but when i open Home Brew Channel, and then USB Loader GX with the same options on than the channel(#002 ) it works
ohmy.gif

WHY?
last 2 words of your post say "it works", so what is the problem again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol