Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

tpformbh

Trophies
XP
Country
This thread is far too big to search I'm afraid, I've seen the links on the front page but I'm none the wiser as what NeoGamma rev 8 does?

I've got a 4.2 wii, d2ckey, no cIOS or anything like that anymore, 4-2 wiped it all. Just have the HBC installed.

Can I just install this Neogamma thing then? Is it definitely confirmed to be a new form of copy protection? Seems to me like 80-90% of gbatempers only have a softmodded wii, or if there wii is chipped, it also has software hacks on it. So has anyone else with only a modchip, no cIOS or anything like that, had any luck running a clean ISO (not scrubbed/brickblocked or modded)?. I've tried running the game twice, first time i got DRE halfway through 1-1, second time I completed 1-1 without a problem?

justonia19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.1U
cIOS38_rev14
USB Loader GX (Force NTSC and 002 fix on)
4Gb Memory stick (game is only 350Mb anyways..)
WBFS Manager 3.0
PAL game on NTSC Wii

I am on world 3 and the game is working flawlessly, I am greatly impressed with the speed of the USB Loader GX
grog.gif

jayv1717

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lord_galathon said:
Yes, the best way to make it work is a > 2Gb USB memory stick and uLoader. You can tweak the file ad-nauseam without coasting any DVD-Rs and as a bonus it loads up faster.

Instructions are right there on THE FIRST POST of the thread.

Using the PAL version on an NTSC console (granted, in 480p on a plasma so NTSC/PAL should be irrelevant).
how can you use a 2gb stick when the game is 4gb???

oddgriffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jayv1717 said:
lord_galathon said:
Yes, the best way to make it work is a > 2Gb USB memory stick and uLoader. You can tweak the file ad-nauseam without coasting any DVD-Rs and as a bonus it loads up faster.

Using the PAL version on an NTSC console (granted, in 480p on a plasma so NTSC/PAL should be irrelevant).
after formatting a drive wbfs as needed to run wii games, the iso will be less than 500 megs after transferring it to the drive

justonia19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jayv1717 said:
lord_galathon said:

the game is not 4Gb, you need to install the game onto you memory stick with WBFS Manager and you will see that the game is only .35Gb (350Mb)

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Grendel23 said:
Well, I was hoping the NTSC release would fix the problem I've had with the PAL version where every time I touched a coin in the game, I would get a loud screeching noise instead of the 'coin sound' and the game would ultimately lock up after touching too many of them. Unfortunately, the NTSC release didn't appear to fix the issue. I'm running on a virgin 4.2U that I softmodded using the simplistic guide found elsewhere in this forum. Does anyone else have this problem or happen to know of a fix? I'm on cIOS38 rev 14. I've tried several different USB loaders to no avail. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!
sounds like a tv problem

try another television.

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to do this here, but I just need a quick answer.....can't look through 145+ pages for this topic!

I understand that the .dol fixing is necessary for PAL versions, but is it required for NTSC as well? I have a 4.1U, rev 14 using Neogamma disc loader.....should the game work fine?

BRYAN4D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 4.2U with drivekey Chip and cIOS38 Rev14 and can't get NTSC version of NSMBs to work on disc channel,neogamma,or gecko. I can't get passed the green screen. Im not lucky enough to even start the game...
tried Fixed and full iso versions.

oddgriffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grendel23 said:
xzxero said:
Grendel23 said:
Well, I was hoping the NTSC release would fix the problem I've had with the PAL version where every time I touched a coin in the game, I would get a loud screeching noise instead of the 'coin sound' and the game would ultimately lock up after touching too many of them. Unfortunately, the NTSC release didn't appear to fix the issue. I'm running on a virgin 4.2U that I softmodded using the simplistic guide found elsewhere in this forum. Does anyone else have this problem or happen to know of a fix? I'm on cIOS38 rev 14. I've tried several different USB loaders to no avail. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!
sounds like a tv problem

try another television.

Thanks for the response. I'll try that although I'm having a hard time reconciling that a bad television would lock up the Wii. I've always thought of it as sort of a one-way street in that regard. I should also mention that all other sounds and music in the game work fine- it's two specific sounds that make the screech. The first occurs when you first create a game. During the intro animation, after the princess is kidnapped, some of the mushroom guys shoot those boxes out of a cannon. When the items pop out of the boxes, it briefly creates the noise. The other time happens in-game whenever I touch a coin as I mentioned.

What's really interesting is that I typically use component cables through my receiver and that's when I get the lock up. However, when I use my composite cables and plug directly into my tv, I still get the screeching noises but the game doesn't lock up- the noise just continually plays until I shut down the game. Very odd. Thanks again for your help. Anyone else have any thoughts?
no tv wouldn't lock up your wii unles it found some freak frequency that did it but then again sound can break glas lol.

oddgriffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spritefreak said:
Sorry to do this here, but I just need a quick answer.....can't look through 145+ pages for this topic!

I understand that the .dol fixing is necessary for PAL versions, but is it required for NTSC as well? I have a 4.1U, rev 14 using Neogamma disc loader.....should the game work fine?
the region isn't gonna matter in wheather or not it needs patched. from what i have found softmod needs patched and played on either sd card or usb device. some modchip users are getting disks to work.

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oddgriffin said:
spritefreak said:

the region isn't gonna matter in wheather or not it needs patched. from what i have found softmod needs patched and played on either sd card or usb device. some modchip users are getting disks to work.

Well, I would think that at least the PAL version can be played through a disc, as the very first page of this thread clearly states that. I just wanted to know if NTSC can be played the same way and if it needs patching. As far as USBs are concerned, can the game be played in FAT and WTBS format?

oddgriffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spritefreak said:
oddgriffin said:
spritefreak said:

Well, I would think that at least the PAL version can be played through a disc, as the very first page of this thread clearly states that. I just wanted to know if NTSC can be played the same way and if it needs patching. As far as USBs are concerned, can the game be played in FAT and WTBS format?
i don't know who is getting it to work on disk but i know most ppl can't and the ones that do are usually using modchip or are very vague about how they are doing it. that's why i recommended using the other form of media since most ppl including myself can say it works. you need to download wbfs manager and format the drive that system.

lvholanda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Have a Wii with 4.0U (Wiikey MODCHIP), and with IOS60 allready with the trucha bug, So, If I install the IOS53 patched with DOP-IOS, the game will run via Disc Channel?

Thanks xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But you said pine apple...