Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

TheAnswer1313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha well i thought i had this figured out but guess not

I had it playing just fine last night.........then I went to play it this afternoon and it loads just fine and everything until I go to click on where I saved the game and it gives me a black screen saying cannot read disc.

I tried both Neogamma R8 beta 7 and uloader 3.1 and same thing. The kids were playing this morning so im reburning to make sure its not the disc that got strcathed

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for noticing Troy, I know the problem is that we have all these people that are used to just burning the iso and using their chips and now they are trying to edit/use alternative dols and softmod to use this game.
Basically if you want to play this game you will have to softmod your Wii, be it either for USB loading or to install a backup launcher (and a mod chip). Anyone that hasn't done that I suggest you use/read on of the stickied threads about softmodding and make sure you everything installed before attempting to launch/troubleshoot this game. Once you have the softmod working then people can post in here with specific problems with the game.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone in the USA..if you can help me figure out how to play this game please let me know. I Really want to play it but am having that "Please eject game' error message after I start 1-1..I have been told about that .dol file but I really have no clue what to do so any help would be really really appreciated

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

As a softmod user I should

1) install cIOS v.15

2a) DL my NTSC copy and patch the main.dol (someone feel free to PM me the patched main.dol)

or

2b) wait till someone releases a patched NTSC release

3) Burn

4) Use the latest Neogamma (link please) to play
--------------------------------------

Am I anywhere near right or should I keep waiting?

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:

1) install cIOS v.15

2a) DL my NTSC copy and patch the main.dol (someone feel free to PM me the patched main.dol)

or

3) Burn

Just download the pal release.

I'm a softmod user, and I got it working with uLoader.

Disk: (The cover came off the case of DVD's): Burn Speed 4.0x

Rip: New Super Mario Bros / Patched / Scrubbed Wii Pal

Wii Version: 3.2U

cIOS: rv15

Loader: uLoader 3.1 w/ forced NTSC

oddgriffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:

1) install cIOS v.15

or

3) Burn

i would not mess with that rev15, nothing but problems for me with it. i finally got an ntsc version to work for me. i got a hacked main.dol file and used wiiscruber to replace. then i used wbfs manager to put the iso onto an sd card( since i have no usb device). i loaded the game up using neogamma channel.
i got 4.0u softmod with the cios rev14 and the 4 ios files that came in the 4.1 update.

Captain Charisma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i jus d/led NSMB, as i cnt wait till my friday pre-order to come friday, and this is my week off, i but im getrting the blue screen error 002 through the backup launcher channel, how do i fix this please. help would be much appreciated! regards.

oddgriffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Captain Charisma said:
i jus d/led NSMB, as i cnt wait till my friday pre-order to come friday, and this is my week off, i but im getrting the blue screen error 002 through the backup launcher channel, how do i fix this please. help would be much appreciated! regards.
not to be too picky but ppl are having all kinds of problems and have different configurations so it is hard to tell you what may help if noone knows what kind of mod u have and what system menu as well as any special ios files and what cios and wheather u are loading from disk or other device. what type of iso did u use pal ntsc, patched not patched.

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i tried twice with the PAL version Neogamma R7 cIOSrev14 and it didn't work, will it work if i install Neogamma R8Beta??? and cIOSrev15 ? i have a NTSC Wii, so if the NTSC version is out for this game i would try it ..

scoobydoo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
So you're attempting your own dump? I couldn't help but notice that you just joined yesterday (but admit that you could have been lurking for years for all I know).
What cIOS revision do you have installed? I don't know exactly how true it is but I've read several times that cIOS rev7 was the best one to use to make dumps.

I only hard-modded my Wii with the Wiikey. Have not done any of the fancy softmods. I rarely play with the thing, last update I needed to do was SSBB. To me it's much easier to take apart the Wii and solder a few wires, than to have to constantly update the mods to keep up with Nintendo.

Dumping a disc is a no brainer. Just pop the disc in the LG drive and click start.

Burning at 2x is still a no go, errors out randomly. I'm dumping it again with friidump this time, much harder to do than with rawdump - I gotta type in one whole command to get the dump started
biggrin.gif

It does look like I'll have to play with the original disc. Good thing I opted for the $3.99 protection plan at TRU.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agu Fungus said:
Is a .gct file for this game available yet to bypass the protection via GeckoOS?

I tried a .gct file with Gecko OS and the un edited PAL backup disc and I kept getting reset to the Wii menu. Then I tried to use the alt .dol feature of Neogamma and that was giving me a green screen.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't play this.
frown.gif

NTSC-U
Latest USB Loader GX
Updated to 4.2U with the simplistic mod (stickied)
Tried to play, failed
Tried installing cIOS rev 15 (14? I think 15)
failed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P