we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Garro said:
ML™ said:
Does this iso work: [Wii]New_Super_Mario_Bros[PAL][NO WAREZ] ??
Yup it works.

Anyways can someone help me here? Well I have been using SD card to play the game, gets annoying to change SD each time i want to start NeoGamma. So I changed to USB and installed USB Loader GX.

Now I can play the game on NeoGamma using my USB. But I can't play SMB on USB Loader GX, or its Black/White or when I try forcing, the game just get green screen or black screen :S Im not in a big hurry since I can play using NeoGamma but i preffer using USB Loader.

Hopefully someone can help me
tongue.gif

NeoGamma is the best loader out there, so I believe that the video forcing is not well handeled on the GX Loader, try CFG to see if it works better...!!

ML™

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
NoFate said:
hello,

i have a wii 3.4E with cios249 rev 14 installed (wiikey2)
now i want to install ios 50 and 53 with trucha

But when i start DOP-IOS , i am not able to do anything (dop) with IOS 50 , the tool is saying that i already have the latest ios50 installed. I am able to install/reinstall ios53 with trucha bug...

SO i did the install of ios53, but i cant run games like mario from the disc channel

What am i missing??

Thnx
Did you replaced the main.dol ?
What's the name of the torrent ? (don't link to the DL page, just copy past the name)

marice

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
played the game a few hours... and im now in 3-2(im not a great gamer
tongue.gif
) and i have to say the pinguin-glide shit is pretty neat
tongue.gif

this game felt so oldschool.. i had to nostalgia in most of the levels.
I really love this game.. its awsome!

I first ran it with cfg usb 47b2, loaded ok, but ocarina didnt work(hmm... ??)
next i ran openwiiflow r20,loaded ok, but no ocarina either...
finally.. usbloader-gx 828, loaded ok (i believe).. ocarina worked... so i got my 99 lives cheat..

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jesus! After all this discussion I hardly expected the game to work on my USB loader GX. But it did!!
I have a Wiikey 1, cIOS rev13 and the ISO I found on XXXXXXX said it was a fixed game that would work on USB Loaders. Because it was under 400 mb I wanted to try it.

I've been playing this terrific game without a single problem.

Happy happy Joy joy

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
NoFate said:
hello,

But when i start DOP-IOS , i am not able to do anything (dop) with IOS 50 , the tool is saying that i already have the latest ios50 installed. I am able to install/reinstall ios53 with trucha bug...

SO i did the install of ios53, but i cant run games like mario from the disc channel

What am i missing??

Thnx

There was another app to restore the trucha bug into IOS, but I kinda remember it was a PC app...!!!
unsure.gif

interpolarity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DOP IOS didn't work for me, it hangs after the d/l using IOS 249 and before the d/l using any other one.

I got two isos...
NSMBW-pal.iso
ws_nsmb_pal_multi5.iso

I only tried the first one and don't want to waste another disc until I know it will work.

NoFate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ether2802 said:
NoFate said:
hello,

What am i missing??

Thnx

There was another app to restore the trucha bug into IOS, but I kinda remember it was a PC app...!!!
unsure.gif

into what IOS? ios50? isnt that what this app do ?

KhaldoonSaid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I think this will help many of you who are having problems running a bootloader. Mine wouldn't run, and would give me IOS errors. I've been searching for some time for a proper solution, and I found this one and it worked great on my NTSC Wii running 4.1U, and a Wiikey mod chip:

1. Download this file: http://rapidshare.com/files/305177621/Easy...3.0-4.1_Wii.rar (Around 16 MB)
2. Copy files to SD card, all IOS go on the root, the 3 apps in the 'apps' folder
3. Go to Homebrew channel and run Trucha Bug Restorer, load IOS36, press 1, read the warnings then select 'downgrade IOS15', select to load IOS from SD card then let it do its job, patch nand permissions should be yes
4. Reboot/reset your Wii
5. Run Trucha Bug Restorer again, this time using d-pad left/right to change the IOS, load IOS15 on first screen, select the IOS36 menu & install patched (select
'yes' on all 3 patches) IOS36 to slot 36, again using IOS from SD card.
6. Run Trucha Bug Restorer again, load IOS36 and this time select restore IOS15.
7. Run cIOS38r14 installer select IOS36 as the one it should use and then select wad install.
8. You can now run the NeoGamma bootloader using you preferred method, and it contains the patched .dol file (SMNP01.dol) in order for the game to work. (Remember to set NeoGamma's options as follows:
*Config Options:
Hook Type: None
Ocarina On: No
Debugger: No
Altern. .dol: SD
Save Config: Yes
Save Config: Yes
*Region Options:
Boot Lang: English
Force Video: NTSC480i (If you use an NTSC Wii)
Patch Video: No
VIDTV Patch: No
Patch Country Str.: No
*Load Games from: (Or any other media you use, but I haven't tried the Disc mode)
)

Credit goes to lightyear (Patched SMNP01.dol), and SecretPanther (scrubbed New Super Mario Bros. Wii)...You, gentlemen, have written your usernames in the geeks' history books (and blogs), and all binary 1s ought to bow down to you, and become 0s, and Google shall always display your names......You rule!!!!!!!!
Special thanks go to Dogeggs (IOS tips), without you, I would have wasted days and days working on solving this
biggrin.gif

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i tried to change the region of ws_nsmb_pal_multi5.iso and it didn't worked on my NTSC Wii, Green Screen .. i hope to find another iso soon, i used Neogamma R7

bluenose2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
got it to work from disc i have a dc2pro modchip i downloaded a version that was 370mb scrubbed it with brickblocker then loaded neogamma r8 beta 7 through homebrew channel the game runs perfect fom disc i am on 3.2e i have never soft modded before so this was the first time it was easy

Whats85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got it working on Cioscorp V3.5 with wiikey v1 and 3.1E systemmenu. That toad is hard to keep with you, escapes all the time and then dies on me, DOH.

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got it working with nothing more than a fixed image of the disc.

SM 4.1, cIOS 249rev 14, Coverfloader 1.3.
Force NTSC. No IOS53 install required.

Also, Gecko codes have been released to let you play Single-Player as Luigi or the Toads.

jajasilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dunno if something like this was posted yet, dont care to read 93 pages.

Small GPF (Gecko Patch Format) patch to play new super mario bros on various mudkips through latest geckoOS:
Code:
01 80 1d 0e c8 00 00 00ÂÂ04 2c 00 00 4c

works for me on wiikey2, can't tell for you.

enjoy, or whatever.
tongue.gif

BlackNovember

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
*SORT OF* got it working.

Can't get past the "Hold the Wii Remote Sideways" screen. Any ideas?

Specs: cIOS 38 rev 14 (IOS249)
Loader: NeoGamma 8 r7

puppydg68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Modchip help please.

Wii #1 YASOM Modchip
System Menu 3.X updated to 4.0U using Wanikoko Updater
Hackmii 0.6 with latest homebrew channel
GammaLoader Rev7 - Note no ISO249 installed - gamma loader complains, but still works
Put mario in drive, load HBC, GammaLoader - default options - Works no problem like a top. No problem

Wii #2 Unknown Modchip (either d2C or wiikey)
System Menu 3.X
Hackmii 0.6 with latest homebrew channel
GammaLoader Rev 7

1)Put SAME mario in drive, load HBC, GammaLoader - Green Screen then hang

2)Updated to 4.1 using pimpmywii - everything working great. Confirmed IOS53 and ISO 60 are trucha patched. IOS 249 installed rev 14
Put mario in the drive, boot from System Menu - Black screen
Put mario in drive, load HBC, GammaLoader - Green Screen then hang

3)Put mario in drive, load HBC, GammaLoader with alt.dol enable SMNP01.dol (from patched main.dol) - Green Screen then hang

4)Reconfirmed and reinstalled IOS's with Drop-IOS util IOS53 and IOD60. (Still black screen from sys menu, green screen from Gamma)

5)Redownloaded and reinstalled IOS with HackmyWii Manual mode (Still black screen from sys menu, green screen from Gamma)

6)geckoos - No luck

No matter what i do I can't get this SAME ISO to load on Wii #2. Works everytime in Wii #1

I suspect it has something to do with the modchip.. I know it's either a d2ckey or wiikey1.

Any assistance please. I know this ISO is good because it works on Wii #1.

TetsuoKunio

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a wii 3.3E softmod with cIOS38 {installed to 249} rev 14 and I can't
get the USB to even get read, tried both slots.
Using cfg usb loader and the latest neogamma beta.

Would it be my USB or am I missing something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol