Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
This thread is going out of control (again).

Actually, this might be nintendo new anti-piracy strategy, they add an anti-modchip protection so that GBAtemp got flooded by new softmod users... and implode
ph34r.gif

dai_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jajasilver said:
Dunno if something like this was posted yet, dont care to read 93 pages.

Small GPF (Gecko Patch Format) patch to play new super mario bros on various mudkips through latest geckoOS:
Code:
01 80 1d 0e c8 00 00 00ÂÂ04 2c 00 00 4c

works for me on wiikey2, can't tell for you.

enjoy, or whatever.
tongue.gif

I'm a bit numpty could you explain, will this possibly allow a mudkip user with geckoOS loaded via banner bomb to run the game (scrubbed but not dol replaced /patched iso)

never used a gpf before

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to add some useful information ....

Working perfectly with my setup after rebuilding the PAL iso with the patched main.dol that is floating around.

SM 4.0U - NTSC
cIOS rev10
USB Loader GX v4XX (ancient version)
error 002 fix on
Autopatch video mode

So it looks like it's all down the patched main.dol because as you can see I'm running and old cIOS and an old USB Loader GX, and it's working for me.

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good News for all Wiikey Users!

Just got an E-Mail from Wiikey, telling me, that they are working on a new Update, so NSMB will also work without any Softmods.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Retrievil said:
Just to add some useful information ....

Working perfectly with my setup after rebuilding the PAL iso with the patched main.dol that is floating around.

SM 4.0U - NTSC
cIOS rev10
USB Loader GX v4XX (ancient version)
error 002 fix on
Autopatch video mode

So it looks like it's all down the patched main.dol because as you can see I'm running and old cIOS and an old USB Loader GX, and it's working for me.
finally read a reply worthy of the topic and of useful info. been reading this thread...looking for new useful info...i either read useless replies or off topic replies. so at least i know now that it is really on the main.dol and not on the system menu or cios. thanks for the info. gotta try your info.

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
taktularCBo said:

Just got an E-Mail from Wiikey, telling me, that they are working on a new Update, so NSMB will also work without any Softmods.
Doubt it, espically Wiikey1, who cares anyway, its not hard to get working 100% atm under Disc Channel.

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
PainToad said:
taktularCBo said:

Doubt it, espically Wiikey1, who cares anyway, its not hard to get working 100% atm under Disc Channel.

*lol
I care, I hate softmods on my wii, if i would like them, I would not buy a Chip, and what i could read in the email is, that they support both wiikey versions.
But I believe, that it will not come before 1-2 weeks, till this time probably an ISO which works with MOD-Chips will come out anyway.

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
taktularCBo said:
till this time probably an ISO which works with MOD-Chips will come out anyway.
IMPOSSIBLE. Soon as the ISO is modified it requires patching IOSes with the signing bug, so unless WiiKey comes out with something, you will always need some level of softmod.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
puppydg68 said:
No matter what i do I can't get this SAME ISO to load on Wii #2. Works everytime in Wii #1

I suspect it has something to do with the modchip.. I know it's either a d2ckey or wiikey1.
I reckon it's a Wiikey v1. Same thing happens with me. Green screen (no matter what) on Neogamma.

Problems I have run into with Wiikey:
Assuming a burnt NSMBW ISO to DVD without the UPDATE partition and Trucha signed IOS70.

Without patched main.dol: #001 error (GPW does not find this).
With patched main.dol: "An error has occured. Please eject and power off..."

Without patched main.dol AND IOS53 trucha signed: Black screen, freezes.
With patched main.dol AND IOS53 trucha signed: Returns to Wii menu (as if missing an IOS ??
blink.gif
)

And green screen for both patched/unpatched on Neogamma Beta 8 rev 7.

QUOTE(taktularCBo @ Nov 11 2009, 10:06 AM) Good News for all Wiikey Users!

v1 or v2?? Both, I hope.

BTW, I have played this game through USB loader GX. I'm just really curious about these Wiikey issues.
smile.gif

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
PainToad said:
taktularCBo said:
till this time probably an ISO which works with MOD-Chips will come out anyway.
IMPOSSIBLE. Soon as the ISO is modified it requires patching IOSes with the signing bug, so unless WiiKey comes out with something, you will always need some level of softmod.
Thanks for this Information!

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
puppydg68 said:
No matter what i do I can't get this SAME ISO to load on Wii #2. Works everytime in Wii #1

I suspect it has something to do with the modchip.. I know it's either a d2ckey or wiikey1.
I reckon it's a Wiikey v1. Same thing happens with me. Green screen (no matter what) on Neogamma.

Assuming a burnt NSMBW ISO to DVD without the UPDATE partition and Trucha signed IOS70.

With patched main.dol AND IOS53 trucha signed: Returns to Wii menu (as if missing an IOS ??
blink.gif
)

v1 or v2?? Both, I hope.

BTW, I have played this game through USB loader GX. I'm just really curious about these Wiikey issues.
smile.gif

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
BBking83 said:
puppydg68 said:

blink.gif
)

v1 or v2?? Both, I hope.

smile.gif
Why use Neogamma, it works fine through Disc Channel with WiiKey 1 if you follow the instructions.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
PainToad said:
Why use Neogamma, it works fine through Disc Channel with WiiKey 1 if you follow the instructions.
Look, I would appreciate it if you stopped banging on about how you got it working and all you need to do is follow the first post. I have done that.

Now, if you would like to help please point out where it is wrong. I have trucha signed IOS70 and IOS53 (latest version using Dop-IOS MOD) with no luck.
I'm on 4.2 and updated through the Wii System Menu, if you must know.

QUOTE-Or download and Install IOS53 and your System IOS (3.2-IOS30, 4.0/4.1= IOS60, 4.2=IOS70) and patch them with the Trucha Patch. Use DOP-IOS for this, and play the fixed ISO. You'll need a Wii that is connected to the Internet!

I would make a video for you but I can't be effed.

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
BBking83 said:
PainToad said:
Look, I would appreciate it if you stopped banging on about how you got it working and all you need to do is follow the first post. I have done that.

Now, if you would like to help please point out where it is wrong. I have trucha signed IOS70 and IOS53 (latest version using Dop-IOS MOD) with no luck.
I'm on 4.2 and updated through the Wii System Menu, if you must know.

QUOTE-Or download and Install IOS53 and your System IOS (3.2-IOS30, 4.0/4.1= IOS60, 4.2=IOS70) and patch them with the Trucha Patch. Use DOP-IOS for this, and play the fixed ISO. You'll need a Wii that is connected to the Internet!

I would make a video for you but I can't be effed.
In that case you did something wrong with patching the ISO/main.dol.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
taktularCBo said:

Did they mention anything about the region free issues on 4.2? Will it be fixed?

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
PainToad said:
Well, the patched one works fine on USB loader GX. Where as, before I patched it would get the "An error has occured..." message (in USB loader GX).

I seriously don't want to argue with you. It's just annoying how you call people "n00bs". So what if some one is new to something.

Noob is just a term used by idiots to call other people idiots.

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I missing something? I haven't updated anything with my Wii in a while, running menu 4.0 and a D2Pro modchip. I just downloaded the image off of PirateBay (the one called Patched/Scrubbed, etc..) , burned it to a DVD and it gave me an error on trying to run the disc normal.
Then, following a comment in the torrent page, all I downloaded was NeoGamma R8 Beta7 and loaded the burned DVD from inside that app, and the game works perfect so far; I'm into level 2.

Am I missing something? Why are so many modchip people jumping through hoops using softmods when it was this easy for me with a D2Pro to get a burned DVD version to work (I'm assuming me having a modchip is the only reason it is loading through the NeoGamma app).

Is it going to freeze up for me at some point?

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
BBking83 said:
PainToad said:
Well, the patched one works fine on USB loader GX. Where as, before I patched it would get the "An error has occured..." message (in USB loader GX).

I seriously don't want to argue with you. It's just annoying how you call people "n00bs". So what if some one is new to something.

Noob is just a term used by idiots to call other people idiots.
Actually I wasn't trying to troll, I'm serious, the process is very simple, if you can't follow it give up, your out of your depth and you'll end up with a brick. Or keep going, I don't care, but least have BootMii.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
ive also notice all PainToads's posts have attitute to ppl having problems getting NSMB to work, and its quite annoying

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
just4747 said:
Am I missing something? Why are so many modchip people jumping through hoops using softmods when it was this easy for me with a D2Pro to get a burned DVD version to work (I'm assuming me having a modchip is the only reason it is loading through the NeoGamma app).
Do you know how many different mod chips there are?? A mod chip isn't just a mod chip. Different features, different compatibilities and for different Wiis (DMS, D2C etc...)

The Wiikey was one of the first modchips to come out so ran into more issues down the line. There is a reason v2 came out.

QUOTE(PainToad @ Nov 11 2009, 12:35 PM) Or keep going, I don't care, but least have BootMii.
Ha!! I have Bootmii. Open your Wii and be 100% certain it's v1 and not a v2??
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1