Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

HeBeertje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still can't seem to get this working from DVD, only from USB. Like many, green screen with garbles, then reset. Using a modified (pre-patched) ISO with IOS53 v5149 installed, on a 4.2E with NeoGamma r8b8. Anyone else got this working yet?

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well everyone with a modchip and a burned, scrubbed/patched version of the game from a torrent site should try what I posted above!! Worked for me and I barely had to do anything!

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One more thing to add, a lot of the stuff I read before said to Force NTSC in USB Loader GX if you are using the PAL iso on an NTSC Wii.

When I did that, I got a stack dump. Switched it back to Autopatch and it worked fine. Displays correctly on my NTSC Wii.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
To get Super Mario Bros. Wii to load Via Disk you MUST have a COMPATIBLE modchip and the PATCHED ISO aswel as an up to date IOS53, if you dont have a modchip it will ONLY work via USB loaders, some loaders dont require an prepatched ISO.

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
To get Super Mario Bros. Wii to load Via Disk you MUST have a COMPATIBLE modchip and the PATCHED ISO aswel as an up to date IOS53, if you dont have a modchip it will ONLY work via USB loaders, some loaders dont require an prepatched ISO.

But read my first post above, I didn't update my IOS (I don't even know what out-of-date one I have on my Wii), and it still worked by doing what I did.

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
BBking83 said:
just4747 said:
Am I missing something? Why are so many modchip people jumping through hoops using softmods when it was this easy for me with a D2Pro to get a burned DVD version to work (I'm assuming me having a modchip is the only reason it is loading through the NeoGamma app).
Do you know how many different mod chips there are?? A mod chip isn't just a mod chip. Different features, different compatibilities and for different Wiis (DMS, D2C etc...)

The Wiikey was one of the first modchips to come out so ran into more issues down the line. There is a reason v2 came out.

QUOTE(PainToad @ Nov 11 2009, 12:35 PM) Or keep going, I don't care, but least have BootMii.
Ha!! I have Bootmii. Open your Wii and be 100% certain it's v1 and not a v2??
smile.gif
I got my WiiKey within a month of it coming out, back then the choices were WiiKey 1 or Wiinja, definitely not WiiKey 2.

Dreimos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just4747 said:
Am I missing something? I haven't updated anything with my Wii in a while, running menu 4.0 and a D2Pro modchip. I just downloaded the image off of PirateBay (the one called Patched/Scrubbed, etc..) , burned it to a DVD and it gave me an error on trying to run the disc normal.
Then, following a comment in the torrent page, all I downloaded was NeoGamma R8 Beta7 and loaded the burned DVD from inside that app, and the game works perfect so far; I'm into level 2.

Am I missing something? Why are so many modchip people jumping through hoops using softmods when it was this easy for me with a D2Pro to get a burned DVD version to work (I'm assuming me having a modchip is the only reason it is loading through the NeoGamma app).

Is it going to freeze up for me at some point?

Your missing the point for most modchip users.. we don't want to softmod the wii because we have hardmodded.. anyways Wiikey users will soon have there fix without softmodding, a new update is coming out for Wiikey v1 and 2 to fix the issue with nsmb, hopefully they will fix 4.2 region free too.

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dreimos said:
just4747 said:
Am I missing something? I haven't updated anything with my Wii in a while, running menu 4.0 and a D2Pro modchip. I just downloaded the image off of PirateBay (the one called Patched/Scrubbed, etc..) , burned it to a DVD and it gave me an error on trying to run the disc normal.
Then, following a comment in the torrent page, all I downloaded was NeoGamma R8 Beta7 and loaded the burned DVD from inside that app, and the game works perfect so far; I'm into level 2.

Your missing the point for most modchip users.. we don't want to softmod the wii because we have hardmodded.. anyways Wiikey users will soon have there fix without softmodding, a new update is coming out for Wiikey v1 and 2 to fix the issue with nsmb, hopefully they will fix 4.2 region free too.

Yeah maybe for Wiikey but there's plenty other modchips too that need updates for this...does D2Pro even get updated?

And still, my point is, besides having the modchip, I barely had to do anything software-wise to get the burned game to finally load. It seems like every other chip user is having to do way more with software to get it to load at all...

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
notfrostyjosh said:
whenever i try to install the cios my wiimote always turns off so i can't select anything

is there something i'm supposed to do to keep it turned on?
Try having a gamecube controller plugged in, maybe that will help.

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
just4747 said:
Dreimos said:
just4747 said:

Yeah maybe for Wiikey but there's plenty other modchips too that need updates for this...does D2Pro even get updated?

And still, my point is, besides having the modchip, I barely had to do anything software-wise to get the burned game to finally load. It seems like every other chip user is having to do way more with software to get it to load at all...
And? Either patch your IOSes and continue to play backups, or you don't. Your choice.

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PainToad said:
just4747 said:
Dreimos said:
just4747 said:

And? Either patch your IOSes and continue to play backups, or you don't. Your choice.

What? What are you saying? I haven't updated a thing since I got my D2Pro over a year ago except for when Nintendo updated the menu, and homebrew and burned games are still working perfect..

I was just saying that all I had to do besides having a modchip, was loading the burned NSMB from the NeoGamma app and it's working great. No updating IOSes (I actually forgot how to even do that) or anything!

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
just4747 said:
PainToad said:
just4747 said:
Dreimos said:
just4747 said:

What? What are you saying? I haven't updated a thing since I got my D2Pro months ago except for when Nintendo updated the menu, and homebrew and burned games are still working perfect..
NSMB isn't. Unless you've patched your IOSes.

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PainToad said:

Isn't what? Working? I swear on my life I have not updated any IOS or anything in forever, am running 4.0U and HBC, and have a D2Pro chip.
All I did was burn the scrubbed/patched iso from PirateBay and played the disc through NeoGamma, and that's it..works fine, I've been playing for over an hour now fine.

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
just4747 said:
PainToad said:

Isn't what? Working? I swear on my life I have not updated any IOS or anything in forever..am running 4.0U, and have a D2Pro chip. All I did was burn the scrubbed/patched iso from PirateBay and played the disc from NeoGamma, and that's it..works fine, I've been playing for over an hour now fine.
ffs, one minute your saying you don't want to softmod then the next your saying you are using NeoGamma. If you are using NeoGamma you are NOT using your D2Pro chip anymore.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
just4747 said:
PainToad said:
Isn't what? Working? I swear on my life I have not updated any IOS or anything in forever, am running 4.0U and HBC, and have a D2Pro chip.
I think know he means from the Disc Channel.

Does yours load properly from the Disc Channel?? Give it a try if you're not sure.

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PainToad said:
just4747 said:
PainToad said:

Isn't what? Working? I swear on my life I have not updated any IOS or anything in forever..am running 4.0U, and have a D2Pro chip. All I did was burn the scrubbed/patched iso from PirateBay and played the disc from NeoGamma, and that's it..works fine, I've been playing for over an hour now fine.
ffs, one minute your saying you don't want to softmod then the next your saying you are using NeoGamma. If you are using NeoGamma you are NOT using your D2Pro chip anymore.

So the chip isn't helping this work right now at all?

That's fine, but I was mainly saying that all I needed was NeoGamma to load the pre-patched burned game, and that's it. It seems like other people are doing a ton of things to get it to run..just look back in this thread at all the craziness people are trying..why didn't I have to do anything like that?? It was so simple..

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
just4747 said:
PainToad said:
just4747 said:
PainToad said:

So the chip isn't helping this work right now at all?

That's fine, but I was mainly saying that all I needed was NeoGamma to load the pre-patched burned game, and that's it. It seems like other people are doing a ton of things to get it to run..just look back in this thread at all the craziness people are trying..why didn't I have to do anything like that?? It was so simple..
No, you are essentially now a softmod user if you are using NeoGamma.

"why didn't I have to do anything like that?? "
Because you haven't got it to run from Disc Channel using ur chip, which is the "tricky" part.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage... +1