Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

pinkshirt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shroppy said:
so us with modchips and no softmod we have 2 options to play this game (from disc):

1. re-enable the trucha bug and play with a patched dol

2. install homebrew channel and run the original backup through neogammar8b7

so, does the first step require installing the hbc too? which one could be the least prone to bricking with a future update from nintendo?

1. I can verify that this method works. I followed the instructions and installed the two Trucha patched IOS as specified. I patched the dol. IT WORKS. As far as I know, the homebrew channel will be required to do this, unless you have some other means of launching DopIOS to download/install the required materials.

2. I have no idea if this works, I've never touched NeoGamma.

FrankMStone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, Wii 4.0U, rev 14, USB LOADER GX , tried also Neogamma r8 beta7 and wiiflow with same results, NSMBW loads, shows controller sideways, saves, and then asks to pick number of players, if I pick then I see the opening animation and then black screen and nothing else, if i choose free play I can pick a level and play.

Why is the black screen showing up before story mode starts? Using Fixed.Nitro version.

pinkshirt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
interpolarity said:
pinkshirt said:
maxpouliot said:
shroppy said:
maxpouliot said:
Is someone working on getting the game to play via hardmod?

it would require reflashing of the modchip. who can flash the chip at home? It'll be easier to just install homebrew channel.

otherwise buying this game can be the least you can do to thank nintendo for all the other backups you've been playing
tongue.gif

Really? That sux! I imagine all new games will have this protection (are the rumours about the new ben 10 true?)... It's working for me but i have alot of friens with modchips but no softmod

If you patch the game, it will work fine with your "hardmod". I've been playing it successfully with my original Wiikey right from the disc channel.
Since when? Didn't work for me. Or is there sarcasm I'm missing?

No sarcasm. This works. I played the game for a few hours last night via a disc launched from the disc channel on my 4.1U modded with a WiiKey v1.

My guess would be that most of the issues are related to IOS/Trucha. It's important that you complete these installs/patches without error. It's not going to work correctly if DopIOS throws an error during the install. DopIOS gives you a choice on which IOS to use for the installation process, I used IOS249 (cios). When I tried with the default of IOS60, it threw an error and the game didn't work afterwards.

hover

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
WiiPower said:
Lol, or just install HBC(if not done already) and run the game with NeoGammaR8beta7. Your sd card min size is 8 MB for that.

this was the first thing i tried, but Neogamma R8Beta7 didnt start: just freezes the Wii. The NeoGamma info says that i have to use the IOS way,
so i followed the complete tutorial -> worked.

I wrote: you need 1GB for the NAND Backup

shroppy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
that Trucha bug is most precious... and the game can be started from the disc channel. like by my wifey. not having to go to hbc then neogamma and then the game...
wink.gif

loupluszer

Trophies
XP
Country
Tanas said:
Plays fine for me from disk channel using patched ISO with YAOSM, on virgin 3.2 with no custom IOS's and without the trucha bug.

That's because the Trucha bug is still there on 3.2, they didn't patch it til 3.3

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkwolf999 said:
can someone please help me how can i install the required ios without the internet connection?

Dowload it and pack as wad with NUS and install it with wadmanager. I think you are talking about IOS 53.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
loupluszer said:
Tanas said:
Plays fine for me from disk channel using patched ISO with YAOSM, on virgin 3.2 with no custom IOS's and without the trucha bug.

That's because the Trucha bug is still there on 3.2, they didn't patch it til 3.3
Oh yeah, I forgot about that
wacko.gif

Edit: Just updated my wii to 4.2e via the wii menu and the game still works without trucha bug.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
discobear said:
Here is a custom ios53 with the trucha bug! install it with Wadmanager and start the game with the disk channel
smile.gif

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6MLIE6UO

1) contrary to what has been said, you do not need to patch ios53. The non-fakesigned ios that you can get from nus downloader works fine (if you're missing it in the first place). This was said in post #1150

2) you can't post links like that here, not that I care personally, but just warning u

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
discobear said:
Here is a custom ios53 with the trucha bug! install it with Wadmanager and start the game with the disk channel
smile.gif

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6MLIE6UO

did you tested it ? do you know this is illegal to distribute copyrighted code here ?
you need more than just the trucha bug in IOS 53 to get backup working through disc channel so PLEASE don't distribute files like that to noobs who are desesperately haunting this thread for solutions to follow blindly

darkwolf999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have that one but do i need a patched iso or not? because with the patched iso i cant boot from the channel and wont work with the loaders.

the only scrubbed iso works too boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol