Grendel23

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to repost- but back on page 76 I described my situation where the game loads fine but the sound for when you touch a coin is a just a screeching noise. If I hit too many coins too soon together, the game will lock up. I've managed to get through the first level (which was tricky- they make it hard to avoid the coins!) and get to the second, but it invariably winds up locking up from touching coins. I've tried the latest NeoGamma without game patch, USB Configurable Loader w/ main.dol patch, 002 fix, NTSC force, etc. to no avail. I'm on 4.2U softmod. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I got this working on my WBFS formatted 512 micro SD Lexar with kingston adapter.
Via Neogammar8beta7
biggrin.gif

technom8t

Trophies
XP
Country
ok for the best part it looks like most of us can get this running one way or another, but there are still several unaswered issues we need sorting.

1. why can we patch the ISO with the main.dol( has the piece of code removed) and the game will boot via USB BUT the same image burnt to disc will not boot in either Cioscorp or Backup launcher?

2. In the most, when trying to boot via backuplauncher, most ppl are getting a black or green screen( 001 & 002 error's) , why don't the anti 002 error fixes in backup launcher combat this.

3. Has anyone tried removing the 001 & 002 errors from the ISO and then burning to see if this will alow disc loading?

and finally, were are all the guy's who normally sort this sort of stuff, Waninkoko , da_letter_a, da_mann, wiipower etc. Is it just me or does it seem quite quite regarding the issues for this game being sorted. Have Nintendo finally made steps in stoping certaina spects of softmodding and it just going to get worse as more new games are realesed.

P.S and why wont a CIOS work to play the game, this is the first game i have had that after a day or so messing with, i am still unable play using a CIOS?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Troutman said:
Pakatus said:
There are many tut's to sofmod wii...just ppl are too lazy to look in the search button or even try to look for themselves...even in the sticky threads.
But, i'll give you a hint.

My fav Tut http://gwht.wikidot.com/

I totally understand your sentiments, however for me I have gone through all the required tutorials mentioned in your link and others that are stickied and still no joy. Still get a blank screen. Maybe time to give up and wait for a hardmod version..... however I will be buying the game so I think that will 'arrive' first
wink.gif

I had same problem. Was a bad dump of the game. Re download.

lebad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Hi everyone (my english is not good sorry for my mistakes)

Here is my feed back (method) on how I succeed in playing with NSMB ^___^ for noobs like me:

First I have a wiinja deluxe modchip installed on my wii. I never used the homebrew channel before (seemed too complicated for me) my wii is 3.2E (PAL).
I burned the NSMB iso on a DVD-R => it didn't work more than 5-10 minutes ("eject the disc and reboot the wii" message).

Then I got the main.dol given in this thread (check and used wiiscruber:
choose load the iso file, you can see a "tree" like a windows explorer and when clicking on the "+" the tree is opened and you can see the iso files. Right click on the main.dol file and choose replace then you can use the modified main.dol. At this moment the main.dol is modified and the iso file too because wiiscrubber automatically saves the modifications. then you can close the wiiscrubber window and go straight to burn the NSMB iso on a DVD-R disc.

As a noob I thought that this will make NSMB working but with the modified disc the wii didn't launches anymore NSMB damn :'(

So I rolled up and decided to install the homebrew channel (check any tutorial it will work to install the new channel "Homebrew channel"="HBC" by putting elf files on a sd card.
The first time (noob style ^^) I didn't select "Install homebrew channel" so nothing was installed but the second time i didn't only press the "A" button I had selected the line "Install homebrew channel".
After that (through my computer) I created a new folder named "apps" at the root of my sd card ("D:\apps\").
Then I downloaded the Neogamma R7 and put the folder named "Neogamma" containing its 3 files set in the new created folder "apps" ("D:\apps\Neogamma\").
At the end I put my sd card in my wii, I launched the Homebrew channel and I selected the homebrew "Neogamma" (he only one in my sd card
wink.gif
).
When Neogamma starts I thank god that all was OK for the moment
biggrin.gif
I chose to start the disc then I put my second NSMB disc (with modified main.dol which could not be launched with my modchip) tadaaa the game starts and I was very happy but suspicious
tongue.gif
I played more than one hour without any error message.

note that : I had a message from "Neogamma" saying that I haven't installed IOS259 or other I selected OK and the game starts fine.
////////
Maybe this will help some noobs
wink.gif
or not (^___^)

Lebad

graz519

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it safe to use dop_iso-mod to install IOS53 on a 3.2 softmodded wii?

I think thats the only thing Im missing (IOS53), but there are no real instructions on the first page for IOS53 (other than to use dop-iso-mod)...

tia

greenarcher02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
graz519 said:
Is it safe to use dop_iso-mod to install IOS53 on a 3.2 softmodded wii?

I think thats the only thing Im missing (IOS53), but there are no real instructions on the first page for IOS53 (other than to use dop-iso-mod)...

tia

it isn't even stated if it is required for usb loader users...

have you tried it? i'm also on 3.2... and nobody answers if CIOS are sufficient enough...

graz519

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nagnose said:
usbloaders run the games off of the cIOS's not any of the other IOS's so IOS53 doesn"t matter

well, thats not good then. as I get black screen (wiimotes unsynced) on my 3.2 via usb (both neo and wiiflow). doh. oh well.

interpolarity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I replaced the dol and get a black or green screen (different every time) a couple of artifacts show up on screen and it restarts the Wii, running through disc channel, Gecko OS and Neogamma (the version mentioned in post 1 of this topic)
I have a Wasabi DX chip with 2.0 firmware upgrade
Completely softmodded 4.1U Wii with all IOS up-to-date and Trucha enabled thanks to Pimp My Wii
I can't use USB loader because I lack an external hard drive or a thumb drive big enough.

Is there something I'm missing? I'd at least like to play it and have it freeze on me, but it won't even boot...

shroppy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
maxpouliot said:
Is someone working on getting the game to play via hardmod?

it would require reflashing of the modchip. who can flash the chip at home? It'll be easier to just install homebrew channel.

otherwise buying this game can be the least you can do to thank nintendo for all the other backups you've been playing
tongue.gif

maxpouliot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shroppy said:
maxpouliot said:
Is someone working on getting the game to play via hardmod?

it would require reflashing of the modchip. who can flash the chip at home? It'll be easier to just install homebrew channel.

otherwise buying this game can be the least you can do to thank nintendo for all the other backups you've been playing
tongue.gif

Really? That sux! I imagine all new games will have this protection (are the rumours about the new ben 10 true?)... It's working for me but i have alot of friens with modchips but no softmod

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...