Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also

That's me done with this, i'm going to work and then i'm going to play NSBW and wait for something to happen scene wise.

I feel i've done all i can, by supplying the scrub and the update partition to many many people.
I will not be supplying it any longer and this is me signing out.

Peace and love all, hope you find what you are looking for.

Please don't PM me anymore for the partition , theres a whole bunch of people with it now, so ask around.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
jakejm79 said:
I'm aware of what a md5 is, its normally a 32 digit hex and 2 identical files will share the same hash. I know that a dvd will not have a md5 since it isn't a file, [...]
FAIL. Hate to be anal but MD5 is a hash algoritm, that spews out a 128-bit sum (32 digit hex), which can be run on any stream of bits (which get padded to even 512 bits). I.e. you can make hashes of files with it, but also of an entire disc, since that is in fact just a large stream of bits. Just pipe the raw contents through the algoritm.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People please do not pot useless information, if you are going to post make sure it is related to New Super Mario Bros Wii... Please.

To the people asking where to get the IOS53, I just use:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader
Just click "Database..." > IOS > ISO53 > Latest Version
Then check the box "Pack -> WAD" and "SaveAs".

As for related information to New Super Mario Bros Wii.
It runs for me but will give the error around 8 minutes, with my wii:
Modded D2Pro9 Chip
Menu Version 3.2U
Works booted through Disc Channel and GeckoOS.
I did not have to install the IOS53 to make it work.
Latest CIOS.
Disc Is burned on a DVD-R, 4x, (burned with imgburn)

Hopefully I didn't forget any other important information, I know this information is somewhat useless but to those who still want to play it and let it crash after 8 minutes or so, I suppose it helps.

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The IOS53 in the update partition differs to the latest version from Nintendo's servers. Just an interesting tidbit for everybody. I don't think this would matter at all, but it's just something to think about.

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
Skarface05 said:
Hey all - It's not much longer till the game is officially released!!!!

Just wait and buy your copy and play a fantastic game.

tongue.gif

Then we won't have all these threads etc...
No doubt the protection will appear on other games soon enough but.

wiifan420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just something interesting I found in the message.arc files. This was probably just left in by accident, but read below the highlighted line. Makes you wonder
10minutes.jpg

uljoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boof222 said:
i hope COD mw reflex doesnt have this protection

It doesn't. I've only tested to make sure it works up until I've completed the training but I'm sure it works for the whole game.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiifan's post brings bakc my original idea on the other thread. could this really be a demo kiosk version that the game retailer sold as a retail copy to kongznutz?

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol...COD was released days ago & no, it doesn't have any of this protection.

I noticed crediar mentioned in chat a while ago he may be interested in selling the solution 'if he had it, theoretically'.....there's a small ray of hope opening up in all of this
wink.gif

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doubtful, he has shown a receipt of proof of purchase, he has no problem playing with the actual disc using the disc channel. Could be a slim possibility though.

icanstillcu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Xuphor said:
wiifan's post brings bakc my original idea on the other thread. could this really be a demo kiosk version that the game retailer sold as a retail copy to kongznutz?

My god man he just edited the DOL hex to make it say that. Some people really are daft.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
me? yea, i am pretty daft usually. but that has happened before on other games, game store selling promotional/demo/kiosk copies as the real game before the retail comes out.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:

HAHAHAHA no, not one chance.

I have been playing this retail copy for ages , 3 hours at a time at some points.
It doesn't hang or anything, i have no idea what that .arc file is on about, and strangely can't find that in the same file using HEX.

I'm calling that a FAKE till i can see it myself

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icanstillcu said:
Xuphor said:

My god man he just edited the DOL hex to make it say that. Some people really are daft.

Or you could take 2 seconds to open up messages.arc yourself and see the same exact thing. Moron.

In more interesting news, the ios files in the update partition differ from the latest versions on Nintendo's servers. They're the same in name, but the actual file contents differ.

icanstillcu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vashgs said:
icanstillcu said:
Xuphor said:

Or you could take 2 seconds to open up messages.arc yourself and see the same exact thing. Moron.

In more interesting news, the ios files in the update partition differ from the latest versions on Nintendo's servers. They're the same in name, but the actual file contents differ.

I admit I jumped to a conclusion but given the general BS thats been flowing through I think you can see how I made this mistake so hastily.

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kongsnutz said:
Xuphor said:

HAHAHAHA no, not one chance.

I have been playing this retail copy for ages , 3 hours at a time at some points.
It doesn't hang or anything, i have no idea what that .arc file is on about, and strangely can't find that in the same file using HEX.

I'm calling that a FAKE till i can see it myself
well i just opened it up then and saw that exact message

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY