Gaming New Super Mario Bros U tips?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NSBU was a big suprise for me.
Played it eons before on Wii and DS.
NSBU is actually really hard,even more when trying to get a 100%.
It's also far better than the Wii edition, I think.
The best for me, in the smb 2d series, is probably smb 3, and yoshi's island ( smw 2 ).
But honestly they are all good, and they are all hard in my experience ( I'm coming from the pre-8bit era guys! )

For a fact NSMBU has a s**tload of shortcuts, it makes the game so much more fun.
Keep at it, and keep practicing, this is where the Nintendo magic works it's best.

If you keep getting stuck, connect to miiverse and ask for tips!
Imho it's the best place to ask.
Is'nt there a super helper in this game? ( green block at the beginning of level after you keep dying )

SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember the days without saves and check points....oh wait, actually i'm wrong - "saving" was hitting pause on the NES and turning the TV off for the night. :)
Yeah SMB3 should have had a savegame function. That's why (without owning Mario All-Stars), I far prefer SMB3 on the GBA.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There is a rather easy way to get infinite lives legitly. In level 5-1 (Soda Jungle) bounce on the giant goombas at the beginning, you'll get a few lives every time you do this and you can start the level over to get more.

SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I meant more for the fact that there was so much game content and dedicating that much time to a single playthrough wasn't always possible - and it's nice to pop back and visit a level just whenever you want.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
NSBU was a big suprise for me.
Played it eons before on Wii and DS.
NSBU is actually really hard,even more when trying to get a 100%.
It's also far better than the Wii edition, I think.
The best for me, in the smb 2d series, is probably smb 3, and yoshi's island ( smw 2 ).
But honestly they are all good, and they are all hard in my experience ( I'm coming from the pre-8bit era guys! )

For a fact NSMBU has a s**tload of shortcuts, it makes the game so much more fun.
Keep at it, and keep practicing, this is where the Nintendo magic works it's best.

If you keep getting stuck, connect to miiverse and ask for tips!
Imho it's the best place to ask.
Is'nt there a super helper in this game? ( green block at the beginning of level after you keep dying )

Didn't really find NSMBU hard it was just that the save system was broken (or they made it that way purposely) but then after you finish the game the game actually saves at any time you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM