Homebrew New Super Mario Bros. U Modpacks

How many of you would play these, and what device?

• I don't have a WiiU, but will be playing these with Cemu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am not going to play them.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SSAZU-X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
(If this thread is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.) Hello there. This is a thread to showcase my upcoming series of modpacks for NSMBU, that I am working on. They will be released bimonthly, hopefully, and each of them have 2 different versions.
Version 1.(Retro Style) This is just the stages of whatever game it is based off of. It has no star coins, or extra secrets. All extra/leftover stages will be the same as the Vanilla game. This mode is truly if you just want the nostalgia.
Version 2.(Remastered Style) This version has all of Version 1, but with more. Some levels have added secrets, and all levels have star coins. Any leftover stages will be made by me, and are completely new, never before seen, levels. It also includes some custom music from the base game. This version is for the players that want a bit of a twist to the base game.

Currently planned game releases. (When I say base, it means that that games levels will be featured, not that game will be modded.)
1. NSMBU: Greatness Lives Forever (Uses Super Mario Bros as a base)
Hopefully coming in 2 weeks.
2. NSMBU: Lost In Japan (Uses Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels as a base.)
3. NSMBU: The Troubles Of The Kings (Uses Super Mario Bros 3 as a base)
4. NSMBU: DDP Reskin (Uses Super Mario Bros 2 as a base)
5. NSMBU: The Vacation Of A Lifetime (Uses Super Mario World as a base)
6. NSMBU: The beginning Of The Future ( Uses NSMBDS as a base)
7. NSMBU: WII Like To Play (Uses NSMBWII as a base)

How to play
Method 1 WiiU and SDCafiine( note that I am not responsible for any damage that occurs to your WiiU console from this method.)
1. Download SDCafiine from this link. https://github.com/Maschell/SDCafiine/releases
Make sure to get 1.4
Get the Homebrew Launcher from this site. https://github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/releases
Make sure to get the rpx build, not the channel
2. Download the specific modpacks, or all of them I'm not judging you, and put them on the root of you SD card.
3. Safely eject your SD card, and put it into your wiiu.
4. This is optional, but recommended if you want to use homebrew often on your console. Go to the bottom of the thread to see if you have an exploitable game, if not it is highly recommended to get one.
If you do have a exploitable game, and want haxchi, go to this site and download it. https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases
MAKE 100% SURE THAT YOU DOWNLOADED HAXCHI, NOT COLDBOOT HAXCHI. IF DOWNLOAD THE WRONG ONE YOU WILL BRICK YOUR CONSOLE.
5(You can skip this step if you can already boot the homebrew launcher, just get to it and read step 7)
Boot up your WiiU, and open the internet browser. Go to u.drg.li Hit the big exploit button and hope. Wait a couple minutes, if it still hasn't loaded, hold the power button on your WiiU console for 4 seconds and try again.
6. Click on HAXCHI if you got an exploitable game, it can not be pirated, it must be bought from the eshop, and select it. It should install HAXCHI for you, then, once it has completed, do what it tells you. ( I think it tells you to restart the console but I am not sure) Click the HAXCHI logo on the homemenu, or wherever you put the game, Hold the a button, and you should be in the Homebrew launcher
7. Choose SDCafiine, it should then send you back to the menu, you might have to click A once, again not sure, then boot up your NSMBU game. It should ask you what Modpack you want, choose the one and you should be good to go.

Method 2: Cemu + Patched game
Not sure how to do this, but there is probably a tutorial somewhere on the internet.

Q and A
Q. Can I pirated my HAXCHI game
A. No, it will not boot without custom Firmware
Q. My HAXCHI isn't bringing me to the Homebrew Launcher
A. Are you holding A, if you are sure that you are, try booting it without holding anything.
Q. I want to get COLDBOOT HAXCHI, could you tell me how to get It?
A. No, I will not be telling how to get Coldboot Haxchi. You can follow one of the many other tutorials on the internet, although I recommend WiiU.hacks.guide
Q. The browser exploit won't work, and I have been trying alot.
A. Try using some of the different numbers, one of the times you will succeed.
Q. I am on 5.5.1, isn't there a different browser exploit?
A. Yeah, it is on loadiine.ovh, just click homebrew launcher 1.4 in the clicky box thing
Q. Can you get mods for other games for this?
A. Yeah, you can. Just make sure it goes sdcafiine/TITLEID/nameofmodpack/content
Q. Why is the retro version of the one of the mods out, but the remastered still isn't?
A. The remastered version takes effort and love to be put in, so it will release later than the retro pack. Hopefully no longer than 2 weeks, though.
Q. Where are the download links?
A. When they are released, they will be posted under its name in the above section
Q. Are these just a lineup of mods while we wait for NewerU?
A. No, these have nothing to do with the Newerteam. Also, Newer U is cancelled.
Q. Isn't there already a New Super Mario Bros U Retro remix out.Why should we play these instead of that.
A. Yes, there is a NSMBU Retro remix out. This is just my take on how it should be.
Q. How badly can this screw up my WiiU because it is my favorite console ever.
It has about as much chance of bricking as putting a disk in, but there is still a chance, also you lose your warranty. Secondly, what's wrong with you. The WiiU is a fun console, but definitely not Ninty's best. Have you ever played the snes, or bbq, or even original WII + backwards compatibility with the GameCube.

List of exploitable games. (Brain Age, or in Europe, a little bit of... Brain Training, is the cheapest exploitable game.)

Animal Crossing: Wild World
Big Brain Academy
Brain Age
DK: Jungle Climber
Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Kirby: Mass Attack
Kirby: Squeak Squad / Kirby: Mouse Attack
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Starfox Command
Super Mario 64 DS
Wario: Master of Disguise
WarioWare: Touched
Yoshi’s Island DS
Yoshi’s Touch & Go

Just a little sidenote here. You guys are allowed to do whatever you want with these modpacks. I would love to someday see a huge hack of NSMBU, just like the WII version got.
All characters in these modpacks belong to Nintendo, not me. Blah blah blah, all that good stuff.
Hope you enjoy!

Edit: My mum got diagnosed with breast cancer, so I had to pick up a second job to help pay for some of the expenses. So, when you see that it says 2 weeks up there, that is not true. This does not mean they are canceled, just that it will take a while for them to come out. Sorry for any inconveniences caused by this.

Last edited by SSAZU-X,
Reactions: depaul and Don Jon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*