Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

DSLink Review

Official GBATemp Review

I've just wrapped up our official review of the DSLink! So if you're eager to see how this cart performs, hit the link below and get reading.
  • icon11.gif
    DSLink Review
Please leave your comments in this thread.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Yeah, I love the videos too
biggrin.gif

Great review. I didn't know much about the DSLink even after trying it myself, now with this detailed review I know what it's worth.
My DS isn't flashed and I don't have a MK4 passcard, so I'll never be able to use a DSlink. Too bad heh...

bryehn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
great review, shaun. love the integrated video as well.

One thing I'd like to see is a cost comparison...sort of a value for your dollar/pound comparison with the other carts out there.

...and maybe list who resells the products especially if it's one of GBAtemp's partners
tongue.gif

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
Great review Shaunj66. Like others have mentioned before, the videos really ARE great. If a picture is worth a thousand words, I can't even fathom how many words a video must be worth.
Just one question/suggestion:
Would it be possible to include ScummVM to the list of homebrew tested in GBATemp reviews?
I believe I'm not alone when saying that I'd love to play my old Lucas Arts graphical adventures on my DS, and ScummVM is one tempting piece of homebrew goodness. The stylus makes the experience much more enjoyable.

Cheers.

marzxbarz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe only bamboogaming sells the English DSLink so far. Realhotstuff, Psxbox and others are waiting for new shipments.

And yes, icons are automatically placed in the list =)

melloncollie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my DS Link from psxbox.
Although it was the Chinese version there really is no difference (except the extra $10-20 you'd spend for the English one).
The only thing that is Chinese is when the DS Link is loading and writing the saves.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You guys always have the best reviews around, and it keeps getting better and better.
Before I was lost in the sea of forums out there trying to get every bit of informations here and there, but now this is my one time stop for all my needs.I even set up gbatemp as my second home page, for quick access everytime I boot firefox.
I am very tempted to get a dslink now, because my DSs are already flashed anyway, therefore why would I want to pay more just to have a built in passme device ? If this cart is really cheaper then the others and it's easy and fast to operate(like a supercard) then I might as well get one.
One thing though it's not clear wheter I really need to patch the games or can I just drag and drop them.
If the patching it's only required in order to rename the roms and create the save files then I might as well do it manually, or does the patching modify the clean rom in any way ?

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ Q_Armando:

Yes the ROMs are patched via the software, the software does not just rename them and install O/S files, it does in fact patch them to work on the DSLink.

I even tried simply dragging some clean ROMs to my micro SD card and running them on the DSLink but it was a no go.

Also, thanks for your compliments. It means a lot to me and I'm sure to the other staff to hear that people appreciate the reviews after we've been working on them.
smile.gif

fluxrez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why do you guys keep complaining about no passme? Why would you need passme? Isnt that for accessing DS software from gba slot?

Why does it make it useless?

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This does not work without using a PassMe, either. You can't just put it in a fresh DS. It won't work until you install FlashMe with a PassMe and a GBA slot card or another methode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...