New Review - DSLink

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice review. Needing the DS to have flashme installed because it does not have passme built in is a big mistake. I wonder how many people buy this not knowing that they will still have to install flashme. A lot of people still arn't confident installing flashme on the DS lite. If nintendo ever decide to change the games, writing firmware to the SL1 slot (Just look when mario kart was released) so you can't use flashme at all this card will be useless.

grubbymitts

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
why do you guys keep complaining about no passme? Why would you need passme? Isnt that for accessing DS software from gba slot?

Why does it make it useless?

Yeah, like he says! Call me fick or somefing, but I was under the impression that a Passme device tricked the DS into booting to the GBA slot, but still allowing DS mode to be used so that DS files on a GBA card could be used. So, why isn't it just a case of sticking the DSLink into the DS slot, powering up the DS and choosing DSLink from the DS option of the menu?
wacko.gif

Kaphis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
this is pretty bad for ds-link =="

reason being?.....I flashed my DS so that I can play Single cart games with my girlfriend, she uses her brother's DS which isn't flashed. So I just put the superkey + supercard into her DS and BAM we are in business since the flashed console would be the one downloading. And since she likes the lite more then the phat....she loves it since she gets to use the DS lite ^^:;...

but with the ds-link.....that is no longer possible.....big mistake on their part =="

kmihalj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
I dont like patching - becaouse I'm MacOS user and 100% software for patching is for Windows.

...also to flash konsole ....

...I'll skip this one and wait for DS-X

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah search Google