Gaming New Pokemon Game for the 3DS!!

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
I believe that this game is fake.

1) as what the previous posters have said, the slide pad is not whitish. It might be photoshopped.

2) according to ryupower and his images... how can the game have the exact same image as the one from the gamecube?? Unless it is simply just a portover.

3) 3DS games in japan do not cost ¥4,800. they cost at least ¥5,800 and ¥4,800 is the price for DS games.

1) It could be they were using a prototype version (like someone else said).

2) It could be a direct port, just like you said

3) Lolno. Nintendogs + Cats launched for 4800 yen. SSFIV did too, IIRC.

I'm not saying this isn't fake, it wouldn't make sense to price one of their biggest hits at such a low price after all, but the things you're basing on aren't really proving much...

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If this is real, then I'm game for a port of XD. I want a 3d pokemon game that isn't complete crap like the wii one (its so bad i can't recall the name). If they could make a new game that has the mechanics of the gamecube games (with the shadow pokemon and what not) that be the best. 2d pokemon has its place and is fun, but I'm game for a change
yay.gif
....or at least a rebirth of a game I enjoyed a lot for gamecube.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'd be pretty awesome if this is confirmed. XD Gale Of Darkness was one of my favorite games. I remember curing Shadow Pokemon with Celebi at the shrine.
yay.gif

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to go back and beat the first Pokemon Colosseum then. I'll buy this game when it comes out, just to have a good 3DS game to use up my time with.

iceissocold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has to be fake. If they port any Pokemon game from Gamecube to the 3DS I will not buy them. I hated the entire shadow pokemon concept to death.

Charon

Trophies
Website
saiph-charon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Slovenia
Ill elaborate...

It doesn't make sense to port XD while not porting Colosseum.
It doesn't make sense to port a game which was made in the 3rd generation to make Johto and Kanto pokes more available.
If it was going to be compatible with generation V, they'd have to add all the new pokes, moves, abilities, update many of the mechanics, some of which could have an effect on the story. With that much work it would be easier to just make a new game instead of porting one that doesn't fit in the current generation any way you look at it.
It wasn't THAT great when it was originally released.

The photos all show exactly the same pictures as in the original, one particular picture is exactly the same ingame screenshot one can find on IGN of the japanese original.
The slider on the 3DS is the wrong color (from prototype, its supposed to be white on the actual 3DS)

I mean seriously. If this was real, and there was at least ONE SINGLE NEW THING on it, don't you think it would show that instead of the same characters, the same village and the same screenshot?

tl:dr
Fake.

Chaz.

Trophies
XP
Country
I would love it! I really enjoyed Colloseum and XD, although never bought XD as it is still as expensive as it was when it was out.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marjan1337 said:
Ill elaborate...

It doesn't make sense to port a game which was made in the 3rd generation to make Johto and Kanto pokes more available.
If it was going to be compatible with generation V, they'd have to add all the new pokes, moves, abilities, update many of the mechanics, some of which could have an effect on the story. With that much work it would be easier to just make a new game instead of porting one that doesn't fit in the current generation any way you look at it.

The photos all show exactly the same pictures as in the original, one particular picture is exactly the same ingame screenshot one can find on IGN of the japanese original.
The slider on the 3DS is the wrong color (from prototype, its supposed to be white on the actual 3DS)

I mean seriously. If this was real, and there was at least ONE SINGLE NEW THING on it, don't you think it would show that instead of the same characters, the same village and the same screenshot?

Fake.
I'm not going to give my opinion on whether I think it's true or not, but...those points aren't very solid. I could easily see GameFreak looking passed all of them, especially since the 1st, 2nd and 4th ones are opinion, and the 3rd isn't necessarily true. Also, that doesn't necessarily mean the picks were from the port, they could very well be from the original simply used to announce its existence. Moreover, the Circle Pad may well be white/gray, but the picture quality as well as the angle of the shot and the color of the 3DS make it look the same color. Of course that last one is just a thought,.

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
marjan1337 said:
Ill elaborate...

Fake.
I'm not going to give my opinion on whether I think it's true or not, but...those points aren't very solid. I could easily see GameFreak looking passed all of them, especially since the 1st, 2nd and 4th ones are opinion, and the 3rd isn't necessarily true. Also, that doesn't necessarily mean the picks were from the port, they could very well be from the original simply used to announce its existence. Moreover, the Circle Pad may well be white/gray, but the picture quality as well as the angle of the shot and the color of the 3DS make it look the same color. Of course that last one is just a thought,.

Those points ARE very solid specially the third one
this is fake
I should change the thread tittle

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is indeed true, I hope they fixed the attacks. Some pokemon attacks don't look as stunning in 3D as they do in 2D.

vandawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
colosseum was just a battle pokemon game
i dont see how its going to be imported as it will be tossed after 3-4 battles by fans when all you can do is just battle battle battle
a game cube pokemon game which many people didnt have the chance to play and had a very different view of pokemon as it was an action rpg game could lead to a bit of enthusiasm by the fans
hope the rumours are true and it gets ported xD

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MakiManPR said:
machomuu said:
marjan1337 said:
Ill elaborate...

Fake.

Those points ARE very solid specially the third one
this is fake
I should change the thread tittle
Well, 'tis your opinion and 'tis my opinion. But if you are going to prove this, I'm all eyes.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vandawn said:
i dont see how its going to be imported as it will be tossed after 3-4 battles by fans when all you can do is just battle battle battle
a game cube pokemon game which many people didnt have the chance to play and had a very different view of pokemon as it was an action rpg game could lead to a bit of enthusiasm by the fans
Colosseum had a fully-indulging adventure just like the portable games, but with a darker concept and a lack of an explorable overworld (just cities and stuff, there are no routes). It was not just battling. You're thinking of Pokemon Stadium and Battle Revolution. Both are still great, but do tire out rather easily.

Also, FAKE. They wouldn't just port XD, it wouldn't make any real sense. If anything, they'll remake Ruby/Sapphire (or put out Grey) next OR make an entirely new game.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AaronUzumaki said:
vandawn said:
Colosseum had a fully-indulging adventure just like the portable games, but with a darker concept and a lack of an explorable overworld (just cities and stuff, there are no routes). It was not just battling. You're thinking of Pokemon Stadium and Battle Revolution. Both are still great, but do tire out rather easily.

Also, FAKE. They wouldn't just port XD, it wouldn't make any real sense. If anything, they'll remake Ruby/Sapphire (or put out Grey) next OR make an entirely new game.
I disagree. I think a new Pokemon Stadium would be much more welcome than an XD port. The reception to the Stadium series (not counting the piece of donkey turd that was Battle Revolution) was much better than that of the Coliseum series and I think it would definitely outshine the Coliseum title if it had been released.

I mean, let's face it, when people saw Coliseum they were excited because they thought it would be a full 3D new game, which it was, except there were no wild battles (in XD there kind of were, but not like what was wanted). Moreover, putting aside the story it's atmosphere didn't say Pokemon. The game didn't feel like pokemon at all and I only just recently noticed this as I went back to replay it. The music, while arguably not as good (I think it's the worst in the series, though I guess that isn't saying much since pokemon often has arguably amazing music), but it doesn't feel like Pokemon music. Going into it even more, there were no gym battles, which I would say was a welcome change, didn't really matter since the setup of the game didn't really feel much like pokemon, so they weren't really something you would miss or not miss. All in all, it feels like another Turn-Based Monster Training RPG with Pokemon slapped onto it.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
machomuu said:
I disagree. I think a new Pokemon Stadium would be much more welcome than an XD port.
QFT

Pokémon Stadium 3DS. That would make money jump out of my pocket and to Iwata's by itself.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
machomuu said:
I disagree. I think a new Pokemon Stadium would be much more welcome than an XD port.
QFT

Pokémon Stadium 3DS. That would make money jump out of my pocket and to Iwata's by itself.
I thought that Pokemon tried to do that with Revolution...

I don't see what the problem was with Revolution, to be honest.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Ikki said:
machomuu said:
QFT

I thought that Pokemon tried to do that with Revolution...

I don't see what the problem was with Revolution, to be honest.
Have you actually played Revolution, Slaykin?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure why, every other N64 game just runs fine with all kinds of enhancements but noooo KI... +1