New Phantasy Star Online 2 trailer

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why play? sega's going to shut it down anyways, just look at past PSO games,
I agree the graphic is nice, but for something that is Pay to Play, and won't last too long and slow contents. I think i'll pass on this, there are alot of Free to Play games with better graphic and long game time.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Nathan Drake said:
prowler_ said:
It's not coming to PS3 or Xbox.
I'm sure SEGA hates having more than one server for some reason.

I think SEGA hates making money for some reason. It would be fairly profitable.
If you look at past PSO/U games, you'll see why.QUOTE(hksrb25s14 @ Jul 26 2011, 09:17 PM)
why play? sega's going to shut it down anyways, just look at past PSO games,
I agree the graphic is nice, but for something that is Pay to Play, and won't last too long and slow contents. I think i'll pass on this, there are alot of Free to Play games with better graphic and long game time.
Well, I'm hoping SEGA does it differently this time. If they put more work into it, it will pay off.
>there are alot of free to play games with better graphics and long game time
CLEARLY NOT A PSO FAN.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why everyone keeps asking for a console version. I think having just one version will be better in the long haul. I'm not sure how many people have played PSO/PSU but Sega was notoriously known for releasing content in JP first and screwing the rest of the regions and consoles out of updates for months at a time. When PSU came out it was a little better but regardless users on the 360 had to wait for a while for an update. Let's not also forget the game was hampered by the fact it was on the PS2 which clearly meant the PC users would be limited to updates and game improvements(think of FFXI).

In that regard I could only assume that with just one version that updates will be far more plentiful and the updates won't be hampered by region and console. Also the game might sell more and Sega might be more willing to do more with PSO and the series.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
ferofax said:
...now, if this was gonna get a handheld version (DS/3DS), then i'll jizz. just a little bit.
Then it would be heavily disabled due to the restrictions of the DS and 3DS.

They even had to do anime styled graphics for the DS because it's that poor
rolleyes.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
ferofax said:
...now, if this was gonna get a handheld version (DS/3DS), then i'll jizz. just a little bit.
Then it would be heavily disabled due to the restrictions of the DS and 3DS.

They even had to do anime styled graphics for the DS because it's that poor
rolleyes.gif

The PS game on the DS sucked. It was easily one of the most bland games I've ever played through to story completion. The online was pretty sucky too. Not once was I able to stay connected with somebody for an entire run. They would always drop.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Phantasy Star Zero is okay, easily the most time I've spent on a DS game. (clearing all storys)

It was fun when it was released and I played with a few people here regularly.

The problem with PSZ and PSP2 is that you will not have a good online experience randomly searching for people, you need to either go with friends or find a group yourself (pso-world).

Edit: Also Alpha testing starts next month.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Phantasy Star Zero is okay, easily the most time I've spent on a DS game. (clearing all storys)

It was fun when it was released and I played with a few people here regularly.

The problem with PSZ and PSP2 is that you will not have a good online experience randomly searching for people, you need to either go with friends or find a group yourself (pso-world).

Edit: Also Alpha testing starts next month.
PSO v1/v2 for Dreamcast is what got me hooked into online gaming, even when I play PSO BB I don't play the Gamecube or Episode 4 content because I love the original Pioneer and am still compelled to grind the same old crap I did for weeks and months in 2001/2002

In PSZ, I got a RAmarl to 64 very stubbornly mostly through grouping with people I met from PSO-World forums and my ex boyfriend. I was pretty pissed that I didn't really become aware of how it's truly the worst grouping class in the game until after level 50.. I forced myself to get it to 60+ for Super Hard mode runs anyway. Then I just got frustrated at how useless I was.

PSZ's single greatest flaw wasn't it's lack of content in my opinion, having good people to play with in a multiplayer game will always make up for that. I just despised the lack of utilization of the touch screen, which made it impossible to move while using items not on your action palette. (Using menu) It was what made me go back to schthack PSO BB and not load up PSZ ever again. I had been intending on leveling up a force to replace her before I found out I could play Dreamcast content with a RAmarl (not possible in Dreamcast PSO) in PSO Blue Burst.

On PSO2: If they keep it on PC ONLY until it is very evidently a profitable game, they won't be digging their own grave yet again. I've been pissed about the shutdown of Phantasy Star Universe PC/PS2 servers because I permanently lost my character in addition to losing access to a game I bought for my PC. But I love the game series so much I wouldn't hesitate to preorder the most expensive collector's edition package they might possibly offer for an English/NA PSO2 release..
I hope they take their time and perfect their Japanese release before introducing it as a Western one, no matter how badly I want to play it ASAP. I don't want to experience losing a character again because they can only profit from having one of the platforms or regions server open.
I hope they also have as useful a translation tool (or better).. The ability to generate phrases with PSO v1/2 made it truly possible and effective to participate in cooperative play with Japanese players in timed content even if you couldn't speak or read it at all. The tool wasn't just English to Japanese either, it also functioned with French, Spanish, and possibly also German. I just remember there being a lot more Japanese players doing Challenge mode back in the day than anyone else... anyway

On Multiplatform/International release: There's NEVER been a successful multiplatform simultaneous launch of a MMORPG. FFXIV did so poorly that they still don't charge a subscription fee, (did it ever even come out on PS3/XBOX360??), but FFXI did great in comparison (long-term analysis) because they were only able to develop/port for one platform at a time. Additionally they did not take on the monumental task of an international simultaneous launch with FFXI, they localized for English after the Japanese release was generating income..

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
WHY DID YOU NOT IM ME ABOUT THIS!??#TEG"LDGHJKET:JK:WKR>JMGKL\

Ghhk, it says an E6300 at minimum for testing? That's my current... yup, yet another reason to upgrade.

The customization looks... I'm not sure yet. I hope it'll be good with them adding a lot of different clothing styles and options.

The game in general looks a bit rough right now... And it reminds me more of PSU/PSP than PSO, but given the callbacks in the PSP series I'm sure there will be plenty of reminders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1