New Nintendo 3DS System Available for Under $100 MSRP for the First Time on Black Friday

It’s a deal spelled out in black and white: For the first time ever, Nintendo’s popular hand-held New Nintendo 3DS video game system will be offered at a suggested retail price of $99.99. Two special-edition models – one black, one white, both featuring Mushroom Kingdom characters and imagery – will be available starting Nov. 25. This system, along with great software, will appeal to gift-givers and value shoppers alike.

package_black.jpg

“Nintendo has some of the best gifts for the holiday season,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “Whether you’re looking for games for the whole family, or a cool new system at a great value, Nintendo has you covered.”

product_white.jpg

Once shoppers pick the system, the next step is to load up on great games. Fortunately, the Nintendo 3DS family of systems library is massive, and has options for every type of player. Some of the new and recently released games available during the holiday season include Mario Party Star Rush, which launched Nov. 4; Pokémon Sun* and Pokémon Moon*, which launch Nov. 18; Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS** which launches Dec. 2; and both YO-KAI WATCH 2: Bony Spirits and YO-KAI WATCH 2: Fleshy Souls, which are now available. Shoppers can find more holiday game recommendations along with special offers, bundles and discounts by visiting Nintendo’s official Holiday Gift Guide.

Fans who want to build up their Nintendo 3DS game libraries can turn to evergreen classics like Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land or The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. At the same time, they can look to the future, knowing that a new Pikmin game for Nintendo 3DS, Ever Oasis and Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King are on the way in 2017.

:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox

D

Deleted User

who cares if its got a New firmware? Knowing Gateway, Yifan, and Smea they'll get 11.1 exploited eventually anyway, and its an American version of the best model of 3DS available for $100!
I had a Carbon New XL, loved the damn thing but its way too fucking big so I didn't carry it with me. in the end I traded with a family member who carried the original XL and sold his. still have my Gateway card and CubicNinja floating about, so for me, this is perfect!

Last edited by ,

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just gonna get one and do the DSiWarehax. I know it works too because I recently did it with a friend's New 3DS on the latest firmware. This Black Friday deal is very good for me.

pokota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who cares if its got a New firmware? Knowing Gateway, Yifan, and Smea they'll get 11.1 exploited eventually anyway, and its an American version of the best model of 3DS available for $100!
The reason we care about whether it has the newer firmware or not is because starting from 11.x there's an anti-downgrade check in the firmware that limits what you can do with softmods - you'd need to hardmod it down to a franken-firmware before you could fully downgrade for stuff like AL9H. Not everybody has the means to hardmod.

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason we care about whether it has the newer firmware or not is because starting from 11.x there's an anti-downgrade check in the firmware that limits what you can do with softmods - you'd need to hardmod it down to a franken-firmware before you could fully downgrade for stuff like AL9H. Not everybody has the means to hardmod.
So a hack to downgrade may never be made?

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'd need to hardmod it down to a franken-firmware before you could fully downgrade for stuff like AL9H. Not everybody has the means to hardmod.
You can always use DSiWarehax lol. Why is no one talking about this? You just need a 3DS with A9LH already on it and the 3DS you want to downgrade on 11.X. It's all in Plailect's guide.

D

Deleted User

To reiterate, It will doubtless be hacked regardless, with the work those 3 have put into it, the 3DS is more or less busted. Just a few good exploits away from having it busted on the level of the PSP at this point.

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always use DSiWarehax lol. Why is no one talking about this? You just need a 3DS with A9LH already on it and the 3DS you want to downgrade on 11.X. It's all in Plailect's guide.
I thought the ds games were taken down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If gamestop is carrying it can I not just go trade in my N3DS XL right now for $100 store credit and pick up the black one for basically free on black friday? Seems too good to be true...

but then again, if I miss out on black friday then I will be out a N3DS XL system and have $100 gamestop credit instead. Hmm

Last edited by thebatdadd,
Reactions: DeoNaught

mchew

Advanced Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What stores are doing this?

I know of bestbuy and target for sure.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If gamestop is carrying it can I not just go trade in my N3DS XL right now for $100 store credit and pick up the black one for basically free on black friday? Seems too good to be true...

but then again, if I miss out on black friday then I will be out a N3DS XL system and have $100 gamestop credit instead. Hmm

but then you're trading an xl for a regular size...

Reactions: Zero72463

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know of bestbuy and target for sure.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but then you're trading an xl for a regular size...

he probably wants the swappable cover plates and coloured/colored buttons..and portability..

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Doing it now is risky as it might sell out fast and you lost a xl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo