New Nintendo 3DS micro SD Management question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by pedrobarca, Feb 9, 2015.

1. pedrobarca
    OP

pedrobarca Banned

Banned
    Jun 17, 2013
    As many of you might know, it necessary to unscrew the back plate of the New Nintendo 3DS to remove the microSD. If Gateway releases new firmewares, this would mean we have to unscrew the back everytime to replace the launcher.dat.

And here comes microSD Management in to play: With this system option it is possible to copy files on the microSD wireless. My question is: Is a internet connection needed to do this or is it possible to do this with some kind of local network (I have no idea of network stuff)? I'm afraid to get the update nag after a few times using microSD management, if a internet connection is needed.

2. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    It can only connect to a PC that is on the same network that the one the 3DS uses to connect to the internet.

You can't connect to a PC without any internet connections setup.

3. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    An Alternative to using the N3DS file transfer is a homebrew called FTPBrony, works great. But I think its a little harder to use than the N3DS file transfer feature. So it's not a great suggestion lol