New 'METAL GEAR SOLID Legacy Series' episode featuring David Hayter aired

snake david hayter.jpg

Following yesterday's Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater's gameplay trailer, Konami has aired a new episode of its METAL GEAR SOLID Legacy Series today. In Part 2, we are reunited with David Hayter, the original voice actor of Solid Snake, Naked Snake, and Big Boss, as he goes over the new mechanics and graphical improvements in the remake.

In addition, Konami has opened up pre-orders for the physical version of Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater. The collector's edition comes with the following items:
  • The day one “Tactical Edition” of METAL GEAR SOLID Δ: SNAKE EATER
  • Miniature terrarium based on the iconic opening scene of Virtuous Mission where Naked Snake must recover his backpack snagged on a tree branch. Includes miniature Naked Snake figurine and tree stump with hanging bag.
  • A recreation of the fake identification badge Naked Snake uses to break into Groznyj Grad Northeast as a scientist.
  • High-quality stitched patch showing membership in the legendary FOX UNIT.
  • Unique rubber patch commemorating Naked Snake’s historic HALO parachute jump.
  • Beautiful retro style metal game case utilizing original METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SNAKE EATER artwork

mgs collectors items.jpg

Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater will be launch on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam. A release date has yet to be revealed.

:arrow: SOURCE

Hexenhammer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Do they plan to remake MGS4, MGS1 and MGS2?
or just this one?
I would like to see MGS1 and 4 remade, but especially 1 i never played it.
Ill try the GameCube Remake thou soon

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do they plan to remake MGS4, MGS1 and MGS2?
or just this one?
I would like to see MGS1 and 4 remade, but especially 1 i never played it.
Ill try the GameCube Remake thou soon
I think the setup is that Konami wants in on Capcom's Resident Evil remake bandwagon. So, they chose the most popular games for both Silent Hill and MGS and remade them.

If Delta sells, I expect the sequence to be 1, 2, and then 4, but we could be surprised with something like Peace Walker thrown in. To be honest, Konami would likely do MGS1 in the style of the original, not the GameCube remake.

Now I'm imagining Peace Walker's animated scenes in full 3D.

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I think the setup is that Konami wants in on Capcom's Resident Evil remake bandwagon. So, they chose the most popular games for both Silent Hill and MGS and remade them.

If Delta sells, I expect the sequence to be 1, 2, and then 4, but we could be surprised with something like Peace Walker thrown in. To be honest, Konami would likely do MGS1 in the style of the original, not the GameCube remake.

Now I'm imagining Peace Walker's animated scenes in full 3D.
They won't remake PW because nobody in their right mind would consider it a AAA game given its comic-style cutscenes and bite-sized maps that can be traversed in seconds. And we know they won't be remaking any cutscenes, that's a lot of money in motion capture and animation.
Also PW isn't a mainline title and has probably the weakest story in the entire series (even PO has more interesting characters and story).
The only reason we ever even saw PW outside the PSP (on PS3 and 360) is because it didn't sell well on PSP.

Also they went with remaking 3 because it's the only one where you can just redo all the graphics and be done with it, since they already updated controls in the 3DS version, and they are gonna keep the cinematics intact, so it was pretty much project done. Little money, high return of investment because gamers nowadays want sequels, prequels and remakes instead of new IPs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: you lion sleeps no more