New HBC fixes SNES9 sprite flicker!

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by MarcusRaven, Mar 3, 2012.

1. MarcusRaven
    OP

MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

Feb 5, 2010
    United States
    N. Carolina

NOTE: One thing I discovered is that there is still an issue when using filters. Still, this is a step forward!

2. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    dont you mean the new snes9x program how can the hbc fix something in it since it doesnt even use the hbc?

3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Too bad the new HBC doesn't fix the random Snes9xGx crashing.

4. Jacobeian

Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 15, 2008
    Cuba
    Technically not possible, snes9xgx does not rely on HBC while running game and HBC does not modify the way emulators are running. Once a ROM is loaded into Wii RAM, devices are not acceeded anymore and the only thing running is the emulator code.

This "flickering" seems more related to random frameskipping: for example, if the emulator is not running perfectly in sync with video hardware, the previous frame can eventually be displayed twice successively from time to time. If for some reason, the same frame is always being dismissed (desync is a rather periodic thing normally) and it appears to be an important animated frame in game, flickering might appear. This can be pretty random though and effect could vary upon different playing sessions or emulator versions, but definitively not HBC versions.

5. MarcusRaven
    OP

MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

Feb 5, 2010
    United States
    N. Carolina
    Well, the fact of my situation remains that the only change I made was updating the HBC.

6. newo

newo GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2011
    Jamaica
    if you look at the HBC change log they did fix some app loading issues.