Top Screen Flickering

tastymeatball

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got hold of a 3DS where the top screen constantly flickers. I already tried to reseat the ribbon cable but that didn't help. When displaying colors like red or green or black the screen doesn't flicker. But with white the flicker is most extrem. When using the 1200K screen filter option from Rosalina menu the flickering will also stop.
Here a link to a short video that will show the problem.
http://wiiucodes.ddnss.eu/verschiedenes/Top_screen_flicker.mp4

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Problem is still present
@Sono Mabye you have an idea what this could be?

The original link is dead, so I don't quite know. That symptom has quite a few causes, but they look slightly different visually.

Most likely just a worn ribbon though. I don't know of a single reported case where the PMIC area gave out without any water damage.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Video is actually still online but only accessable over IPv6
Uploaded it somewhere else hopefully accessable for you
https://c.web.de/@322276937898656556/5gJNiuxzQNyizalkJNMUiw

Oh, I never had IPv6.

Also RIP the LVDS lines. Seems like the high-voltage lines are intact, but the LVDS is cacked.

Looks almost like new3DS systems when downgraded to 2.1 due to some extra power-save mode hardware to make the screen yellow.
Does it happen in DS mode as well? Although by the looks of the glitches, it will happen in DS mode as well.

If you're inspecting the ribbon, it's two parallel lines (so, 2 lines, ground(?), and another 2 lines) around the middle of the flex. It should be easy to recognize, as they look different. See if those lines have damage or break somewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto