Walker D

I have a hat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
shot-19.jpg
The Studio Black Forest (funded by the original Giana Sisters creator) has a Kickstarter for some time already.
It's meant to back their new Giana Sisters game. And the game is coming with not just some graphical improvements. But with a lot of gameplay additions, that seems to make the game a whole lot more interesting and unique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWxvJoEIZwo

It's showing a lot of potential, for a game that originally was a Mario clone.

Since the time for backing up the project is near the end, and I thought it was cool, I'm bringing it here (nobody is paying me for that ..........unfortunately u.u )

If you want to back the project, you have a week to do so.
Visit the Kickstarter and take a look at all the new additions: http://www.kickstart...a/project-giana

Reactions: 3 people

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of the original Giana Sisters before but, from what I've seen in the video, this looks wonderful! Love the visuals along with the "twisting" concept and transitioning between alternate versions of the soundtrack. I just donated a bit! ^_^

Reactions: 1 person

Walker D

I have a hat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Read that this game will have water levels also ...that's a new mechanics for the series, since Giana never swum in any other game.

alot of new enemies and bosses will be added depending on how well the Kickstarter goes too.

gDan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They released a prototype demo! http://project-giana.com/download/
I am downloading it right now.
They have 20000$ left and 5 days to go... Do you think they will reach the goal?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Those who don't recognise it: I don't think it was ever released in the US.

It looks like a pretty awesome platformer. I hope it sees the light of day but I never back stuff on Kickstarter...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did think the DS version was pretty fun. It did feel different enough from SMB but it never got the recognition it deserved. Hopefully this Kickstarter can make it a rather noteworthy name in indie platforming.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did think the DS version was pretty fun. It did feel different enough from SMB but it never got the recognition it deserved. Hopefully this Kickstarter can make it a rather noteworthy name in indie platforming.
I really enjoyed the DS game, it was far better than most games people cream over.

I backed this, the price was right and the release isn't far away if it's successful. I love how they could have just made the same game but instead put the effort into doing more.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I played the demo yesterday and it`s pretty good! It is quite unique as well...

I really hope this will get to WiiU or 360 eventually of it`s getting a release.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would have backed it if it weren't just for PC but for 360, PS3 also
I wonder if that would have added to the final amount they needed to reach, especially with them trying to release it soon. I know Microsoft and Sony tend to make smaller/indie companies jump through a lot of hoops to get stuff up on their marketplaces. :unsure:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The demo was very good although it could use some polishing and I couldn't stand the keyboard controls. Still the art and graphics were fantastic and it has some really nice gameplay ideas. The franchise has really gone a long way from a Mario clone to an ambitious new platformer.

Walker D

I have a hat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I played the demo yesterday and it`s pretty good! It is quite unique as well...

I really hope this will get to WiiU or 360 eventually of it`s getting a release.

If they manage to get more investment over it, can be possible, since they did a exclusive DS game once.

If the get 300k with the Kickstarter it will be released to OUYA too, so making it run on the WiiU would be probably easy.

But I'm afraid they may not even get the 150k before the kickstart time ends. Well, lets see ...I hope they do.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they manage to get more investment over it, can be possible, since they did a exclusive DS game once.
That was done by a different development team that was a backed by a publisher, plus times were different then. It's harder to get a game like this to be published without having to adhere to what the publisher wants. They had publishers interested but the terms and conditions weren't good for them so to keep the game the way they want it to be they did a Kickstarter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?