New Gameplay Details for Assassin's Creed 2!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
First up is where and who. You'll be set in the Italian Renaissance where you'll be stalking and killing through the eyes of a new character named Ezio, along with other characters. But hold up, it's not clear just yet if you'll be able to play them in the Animus or in the real world as well.

There's also the matter of the first Assassin's Creed being repetitive. Ubisoft listened and now they're looking to change things, starting with new dimensions to the game. For one, players now get to swim. This could pose new challenges and interesting maneuvers if your target is, let's say, in a city like Venice.

It's not all about getting soaked in water and blood though, you'll also be brushing elbows with high society, attending balls and stuff, where you'll be wearing masks to blend in the crowd. Sounds like a masquerade ball. According to the source, you will be disguised as a dancer, take out your target while you're at it, without anyone taking notice.

Ubisoft decided to drop cinematics in this one, opting rather to go for quick-time event cut scenes in the game and allow the players to stay engaged in crucial gameplay and story moments.

News Source: 360Updates

Update #1: New info...alot of info, this is making want to get the first one and play through that one before this one.

Assassin's Creed 2 information
- You'll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe, and 2 smaller blades
- You CAN swim
- Da Vincis workshop is in the game
- Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
- The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191
- So you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond
-You will see the countryside of Tuscany
- The "Auditore" family is mentioned
- The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze
- He is a nobleman of Florence
- Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici
- YOU DO INDEED GLIDE on Da Vincis flying machine.
- Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
- You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
- Each weapon has a special move.
- 16 unique mission types.
- No more ease dropping or pick pocketing missions.
- If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain full strength.
- Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.
- Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.
- New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, "Brutish" armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're near by.
- While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
- You can still climb towers and ride horses
- The Lorendo de Medici assassination attempt is in the game.
- There is now a night and day sequence in the game.
- 240 people are working on this title.

News Source: ScrewAttack

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
It's not all about getting soaked in water and blood though, you'll also be brushing elbows with high society, attending balls and stuff, where you'll be wearing masks to blend in the crowd. Sounds like a masquerade ball. According to the source, you will be disguised as a dancer, take out your target while you're at it, without anyone taking notice.

Making you swim doesn't make the game less repetitive.. the first one was repetitive cause it was the same mission over and over again.. I like the idea of the Renaissance and the balls sound interesting too.. I hope this time you can really stealthily assassinate people instead of just make them run and then chase them while running from guards ¬¬'

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
This actually sounds quite neat. The first one had some issues, I admit, but what was there (before the repetition set in) was quite good. And that climb anything go anywhere gameplay was really neat. I think one of the factors in the repetitiveness was the setting. Lets face is, that part of the world in that time period wasn't exactly a feast for the eyes. There was a lot of sand tones, a lot of stone tones, etc. And nothing much else.

This idea of attending masquerade balls and such for your assassinations will greatly increase the visual element, and lower the repetition factor. I'm reminded of similar levels in Hitman: Blood Money. Each one was a new experience, and a fun one at that. I think, given this new locale and time period, that this one should be a vast improvement. The last setting simply did not lend itself to good gameplay because the era had... nothing.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Ace Gunman said:
This actually sounds quite neat. The first one had some issues, I admit, but what was there (before the repetition set in) was quite good. And that climb anything go anywhere gameplay was really neat. I think one of the factors in the repetitiveness was the setting. Lets face is, that part of the world in that time period wasn't exactly a feast for the eyes. There was a lot of sand tones, a lot of stone tones, etc. And nothing much else.

This idea of attending masquerade balls and such for your assassinations will greatly increase the visual element, and lower the repetition factor. I'm reminded of similar levels in Hitman: Blood Money. Each one was a new experience, and a fun one at that. I think, given this new locale and time period, that this one should be a vast improvement. The last setting simply did not lend itself to good gameplay because the era had... nothing.

True, the cities all looked the same.. and climbing stuff was neat, I had a lot more fun trying to climb all the eagle marks in the game than doing the missions!
But that's not an excuse for repetition, the missions could have more variety, like on Hitman, where each target requires you think about how to get to it, what's the best weapon for the job, how you should disguise, how to get information about the target and etc. Now, Assassin's Creed had nothing of it.. as a 3D platform/climbing game it's awesome, but as an action/stealth game it's one big mess :/

And also (final mission spoiler)
During the whole game you're told to hide and not to confront enemies.. but the last missions puts you against one huge army! THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE! Quoting AVGN, "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!??"
wtf.gif

Not to mention that the combat is awful.. it was hard to resist the urge not to break the controller!!!
hate2.gif

I feel better now
smile.gif

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CockroachMan said:
Ace Gunman said:

True, the cities all looked the same.. and climbing stuff was neat, I had a lot more fun trying to climb all the eagle marks in the game than doing the missions!
But that's not an excuse for repetition, the missions could have more variety, like on Hitman, where each target requires you think about how to get to it, what's the best weapon for the job, how you should disguise, how to get information about the target and etc. Now, Assassin's Creed had nothing of it.. as a 3D platform/climbing game it's awesome, but as an action/stealth game it's one big mess :/

I actually liked Jerusalem as a setting, and I love desert locales, whereas I hate future/factory locales. But yeah, the game did suffer most from the "side-missions".
There were 3 different ones, and they were recycled over and over. Having everybody you save say "I WISH... my son... vere HAFF as brave as YOU" also ruins the mood a bit, but on the whole, climbing all over the place like the spiderman and looking out over the city was awesome.

That said, Machiavelli setting sounds FREAKING BADASS. I hope the player will be some awesome merchant prince type character.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-