Hacking New Firmware update is out!

baz8755

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it just my DS or has the new firmware now stopped the health warning screen from showing when I boot the DS?

I don't remember it happening before.

maniac2003

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
As there is nothing more on the TC homepage, the changelog that is posted is the one and only legit changelog.

QUOTE(http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/engine.pl) said:
CycloDS Evolution Firmware v1.60 has been released and is available for download from the support page. Changes in this release include:

Numerous game compatibility fixes

staticfritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's bad business sense to alienate an existing fan base by diverting resources that should be dedicated to timely updates to produce a product that will be out of date by the time it hits the market. I'm talking about the DSi cart that's in the works.

Seriously, this is suicide for Team Cyclops. They need to accept that developing a DSi flash cart is no longer an economically sound decision because they missed that boat as soon as the 3DS was announced.

Count your losses, guys, trash your DSi cart development, and save your rep with your existing fan base before it's too late.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
staticfritz said:
It's bad business sense to alienate an existing fan base by diverting resources that should be dedicated to timely updates to produce a product that will be out of date by the time it hits the market. I'm talking about the DSi cart that's in the works.

Seriously, this is suicide for Team Cyclops. They need to accept that developing a DSi flash cart is no longer an economically sound decision because they missed that boat as soon as the 3DS was announced.

Count your losses, guys, trash your DSi cart development, and save your rep with your existing fan base before it's too late.
Sorry, but they're too late. They alienated us, killed the site multiple times, announced a DSi cartridge at the near-end of the DS lifespan (and past the end of the bandwagon) and are drilling their firmwares into the ground as of 1.6. So, time to release the source code and let us make our own firmwares, that'll last us a year or so.

But the build quality is really good, I have a 3rd generation CycloDS (black one) for over two years now- works wonderfully with near-no glitches.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, unless the new card can make me a sammich, it's gonna be dang hard to compete against what other folks are now offering. For three years, I've been loyal to TC, for no other reason than "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." But reliability has gone down the tank, and their prices are no longer competitive. Really, unless they've got some secret weapon hidden in that new DSi build, I just can't see them as being relevant anymore. The site problems and tight lip on everything they've been doing over the past several months certainly hasn't helped the general community attitude toward them, that seems all too clear.

Kazooie77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that it for me I've waited over 2 weeks now to play games that have been out for a few weeks that don't work. I guess it time to switch to new card.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a good ride with TC but with each passing day they sink further into oblivion. They use to be the only card I'd recommend to friends and I've driven hundreds and hundreds of dollars of business towards them but now, I tell people to get the SC DS Two. (Which is what I did a few days ago. Expecting my new card any day now.) If they pop back up with a DSi card this late in the game and don't fix the current batch of games that aren't working (new Mario mini game comes to mind), this is pure suicide as it's giving a big middle finger to existing owners of their hardware. I know that if that's the case, I'll NEVER buy anything from them again and people on the tubes can read and they'll get a crappy reputation so hopefully nobody will buy their stuff.

If they fade away never to return, I'd respect them more so. I mean c'mon.... maybe they got different priorities in life now, families? Just got sick of the grind? If they are calling it quits, they should release the source software for their cards so the community can pick up the ball and keep going.

In short, give up hope on future game fixes from TC. Either wait for the 3DS to appear and see which cards work with it or get an R4 clone, Acekard2i or DS Two and get on with gaming.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
titen2218 said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:
I'd stay with Cyclo for a good long while. Until it dies and I hide it in a box, waiting for it to magically restore itself. Some of my cards did restore themselves, LOL.
like the r4?
Never owned an R4. I meant real official cartridges. And my Tetris ripoff.

ghost2258

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else tried the 1.61 firmware, I know Golden sun DD works on it and all, but I just upgraded from the Beta 4 and I myself was not to happy with the removal of some of the features like the menu option and additional settings option. How many of you beta users liked that feature as well?

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can anyone load dragon quest heroes rocket slime from scratch with the latest frimware? I can't get past the loading screen. I guess I'll try and track down an old save and see if creating that is causing this firmware issues.

Couldn't play Alice in Wonderland either with latest firmware. it also hangs generating the save. dropping back to 159 fixed both games as did providing 161 with saves made using 159.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol