Hacking New firmware 9.9.0-26U

hunter010709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fail, my old 3ds sysnand in 9.0.0-20u. I do an experiment and formatted emunand to stay linked with sysnand. I opened the emunand and went on to update settings, I checked rx3d appeared to confirm, once completed update to my surprise my sysnand was in 9.9.0-26u, someone with hardmod tried to update to latest version with emunand linked with sysnand? :wacko:

Funny, there were reports of that before this, however i put it down to people not double checking they were in emunand.

I know your sure what sure is.... But are you sure you checked or just thought about it before you did the procedure and maybe, potentially missed it?

Is there any potential you missed it?

If not, this will cause many issues....

Reactions: Arkansaw

hunter010709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Found the ex-cop.

It was mild satire but alright

Is it that sensitive here? You can't be taken in context and without reporting?

Shilling is the term i would have used, not x-cop.

Shilling for the community, one i assume we all stand for, is one thing.

Shilling for a profit driven, brick code supporting capitalistic enterprise that only see's us as money is another.

But lets twist words and make you out an ass, to those that the capital minded deem sheep, and turn them all against each other, like a good shill.....

loco365

Trophies
XP
maybe they had everything prepared to patch ninjhax 2.0 but with iwata dead and Ninjhax delayed they relased it right now
They couldn't patch it if they wanted to. While the entrypoint is the same, they don't know what flaw it'll use. They have to wait for smealum to release it.

hunter010709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They couldn't patch it if they wanted to. While the entrypoint is the same, they don't know what flaw it'll use. They have to wait for smealum to release it.

Makes thing hard with a official cart game. Hence the recall to every console retailer (atleast in australia) of cubic ninja, since the beginning of the year.

The haven't started recalling oot yet, says something about that oot exploit, in my opinion.....

loco365

Trophies
XP
Makes thing hard with a official cart game. Hence the recall to every console retailer (atleast in australia) of cubic ninja, since the beginning of the year.

The haven't started recalling oot yet, says something about that oot exploit, in my opinion.....
Well, the recall for any unsold copies, if any still even exist at this point. As for OoT3D it's a much more popular game, so they'd have a much harder time recalling it because so many copies have been sold, whereas Cubic Ninja didn't even print 100,000 copies or whatever it was.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fail, my old 3ds sysnand in 9.0.0-20u. I do an experiment and formatted emunand to stay linked with sysnand. I opened the emunand and went on to update settings, I checked rx3d appeared to confirm, once completed update to my surprise my sysnand was in 9.9.0-26u, someone with hardmod tried to update to latest version with emunand linked with sysnand? :wacko:
There was another person that had the same thing happen, linked nands too. Another reason why I recommend to unlink nands before updating with rxTools :( That and remove any downloaded update, if any.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the recall for any unsold copies, if any still even exist at this point. As for OoT3D it's a much more popular game, so they'd have a much harder time recalling it because so many copies have been sold, whereas Cubic Ninja didn't even print 100,000 copies or whatever it was.
That and by issuing a recall for OoT3D, it may make people curious about the reason, bringing the exploit and possible homebrew to more people's attention.

Last edited by TecXero,

hunter010709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Oh on, eb games etc and some of Australia's largest retailers which sell trade in console/games, the actual re-sellers recalled all.....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh on, eb games etc, one of Australia's largest trade in console sellers recalled all.....

I spoke to a manager today. In February they had a recall on all sales of cn, removed it from the store, even deleted the database in the web store search so the title never existed to them....

They have not been informed by Nintendo of oot yet, yet being the word....

hunter010709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh on, eb games etc and some of Australia's largest retailers which sell trade in console/games, the actual re-sellers recalled all..... Look up eb game and ring them yourself, if i'm seemingly unaware or assuming, from your current beliefs.

I spoke to a manager today. In February they had a recall on all sales of cn, removed it from the store, even deleted the database in the web store search so the title never existed to them....

They have not been informed by Nintendo of oot yet, yet being the word....

I wouldn't confirm yes, from the news in this thread. It's probably a mistake or a shill deterrent, but who knows until confirmed by some others with linked nands?

Caution unless hardmodded.....

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Interesting to note that this is the first time Nintendo has specified "system security" in their changelog:
Nintendo said:
Version 9.9.0-26U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:
Further improvements to overall system stability, system security, and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Version 9.7.0-25U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
If anyone is curious as to what the security fix was, then look here.
tl;dr an unreleased browser vuln that yellows8 reveals in his diff

Reactions: Suiginou

aoisoraa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

I wouldn't confirm yes, from the news in this thread. It's probably a mistake or a shill deterrent, but who knows until confirmed by some others with linked nands?

Caution unless hardmodded.....
Oops, I didn't think of those unlinked. Nothing was broken on me for a European Original 3DS with unlinked NANDs. 4.5 sysNAND

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i already told you i did play it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Oh, I honestly don't remember, it was a long while ago I imagine.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, it was like a couple months ago
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Man, the new art of Callie from Splatoon's Twitter account looks so amazing and cute
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, any other nostalgic flash games you played?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sweet new south parks out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 5GB for one episode
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol I can watch it free
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, from the shows website?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol