Hacking New firmware 9.9.0-26U

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine thinks this might mean home menu badges are coming to the US - which would warrant the home menu update.

Apparently Japan had a similar update, before Badge Center was ever put on the eShop, so the only way to know would be to just wait and see if it shows up.

Reactions: Maximilious

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS is so stable that I can throw it from a mountain and it still works. Thanks Nintendo.

Anyway, my R4i Gold 3DS (r4ids.cn one) works so that's all I really care about... Just saying this for anyone who has it...

Reactions: cvskid and plasma

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They couldn't patch it if they wanted to. While the entrypoint is the same, they don't know what flaw it'll use. They have to wait for smealum to release it.
i mean they wanted smealum to relase it on saturday and they had a update to tell people what the update does without telling them that they patched ninjhax they were going to patch ninjhax on that update but smealum didn´t relase it so they didn´t patched it

mrolive

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i mean they wanted smealum to relase it on saturday and they had a update to tell people what the update does without telling them that they patched ninjhax they were going to patch ninjhax on that update but smealum didn´t relase it so they didn´t patched it
What did I just read?

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Iwata's death had nothing to do with the timing or content of this update. They didn't have an 'awesome' version of 9.9 that fixed nh 2.0 and decided to hold it back for emotional reasons. Ridiculous.
iwata´s death delayed ninjhax

I miss him

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What did I just read?
Sorry for my english...

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Further improvements to overall system stability, system security, and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience= No reason to update end of story, let FW spoofing get you online.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Um, what I'm saying is that it is literally impossible for Nintendo to patch it because they DO NOT KNOW what flaw he is taking advantage of because HE HAS NOT RELEASED IT. You can't fix something if you don't know how it breaks.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting to note that this is the first time Nintendo has specified "system security" in their changelog:

If anyone is curious as to what the security fix was, then look here.
tl;dr an unreleased browser vuln that yellows8 reveals in his diff
I am newbie. I often heard about this yellows8 regarding unreleased secret exploit, vulnerability.

Can you anyone briefly explain to me who yellows8 is? Thanks. (Actually I asked this question in Noob Paradise thread, but never got answered.)

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, what I'm saying is that it is literally impossible for Nintendo to patch it because they DO NOT KNOW what flaw he is taking advantage of because HE HAS NOT RELEASED IT. You can't fix something if you don't know how it breaks.

Well, didn't they patch the original NinjHax before it was released? Though, with that they may have discovered the vulnerability themselves, since smealum had said he wanted to make sure it would work on the N3DS as well, then commented that it would take some tweaking, they might have gathered that it relied on a Spider exploit...

loco365

Trophies
XP
Well, didn't they patch the original NinjHax before it was released? Though, with that they may have discovered the vulnerability themselves, since smealum had said he wanted to make sure it would work on the N3DS as well, then commented that it would take some tweaking, they might have gathered that it relied on a Spider exploit...
I think it was an inadvertent patching that axed 9.3+ support. Not to mention smealum could have very easily ported his work to another flaw and fix 9.3 support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass