Hacking New c=64 emulator for wii!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i'll wait and see if its added to the hbb if its not that it's not deemed worthy to download cos they only add the best of the best to that
tongue.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
i'll wait and see if its added to the hbb if its not that it's not deemed worthy to download cos they only add the best of the best to that

Are you on about the homebrew browser?
It's not going to go on there when it's not a wii port it's linux, and it's a fairly big download....

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
It's just a custom distro based on xwhiite-linux that explains why the download size is nearly same with the xwhiite-linux...

I'll pass right now since it's taking quite some time if you are on windows... and if you don't have a spare sd card just for this...

By the way, the correct link is : http://www.hbcapps.com/VICE/wiivice.tar.bz2

And I guess you can use the instructions for xwhiite-linux also for this...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet stuff! Atari 2600 & C64 on my Wii. Ok I have the original machines & the emulators on other consoles but its still nice.

I'll have a mess around later. Why is the filesize so huge though?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
WiiCrazy said:
It's just a custom distro based on xwhiite-linux that explains why the download size is nearly same with the xwhiite-linux...

I'll pass right now since it's taking quite some time if you are on windows... and if you don't have a spare sd card just for this...

By the way, the correct link is : http://www.hbcapps.com/VICE/wiivice.tar.bz2

And I guess you can use the instructions for xwhiite-linux also for this...

i'll wait for a real wii c64 emulator than

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I just picked up a HP (brand) 2GB SD card for 10 bucks... just for this linux stuff.. I will have a go with it..after I get used to the xwhiite on my wii... So far I am very impressed... I just wish I was more linux literated... But I am slowly working on it thanks to the people in the xwhiite linux thread on here...http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=120163

Again thanks for this... too bad there is not some kind of converter/supported driver for a 1541 so I could just use all my old floppies that are stowed away from when I was a kid.. hehe that would be interesting going through all those disks... especially my old 40meg hd I had when I ran a BBS on the Commodore 64.

Hey FGOD..."Those were the best days of our lives!"
biggrin.gif

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
to be honoust, i think there are ironmask ;-) i will ask some people but i think there are... but indead "those were the best days of our lives"
laugh.gif

edit: i think i'll swithc the sd card from my wii with the 4 gb hdsc card from my digital camera
tongue.gif
but i hope there is a way to read linux partitions in windows, else i'll need linux on my pc as well as there is a fat/ntsf driver for linux ;-)

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh boy, I can't wait!!!! Downloading this now! I have been waiting for a C64 emulator and now it's done! YAY!!

*EDIT* Bummer!! I also get all over 2200 errors, saying it's missing files. Then I read something about some kind of distro (WTF???) and some Linux installation via several archives, and having to partition my SD card (WTbloodyF!!!!!). Man this get's harder and harder! Why does everything related with c64 emulation has to be so hard??? I'm not a programmer! Sorry, but without a N00b tutorial this is completely undoable for me.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
you can still inject your own c64 games as long as they are games with only one prg... use the search button here and you'll find the topic on custom frodo to inject C64 games

kedest said:
I had a C64 once. Can't remember much of it though. But I do remember Giana Sisters for example, a very cool super mario bros. clone
but this emulator seems to run on wii linux. that's a no-go for me at this moment I guess, I'm not really into linux

there is already a giana sisters channel
wink.gif

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
lol, meh i have 3 other injected c64 games installed
smile.gif
Duotris (best tetris clone ever!), H.E.R.O. and Wonderboy for C64 damn i always loved those games... too bad multiple prg games are not supported yet, else i would have made games like turbo outrun and run the gauntlet
smile.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, djdynamite123 and FGOD, guys, mates, I've seen you talking to eachother on the other Frodo topic and now this. Why don't you help out your fellow tempers and write a nice little "how to" on this thing. You're ignoring my post so it seems and in the last frodo topic people just didn't bother after a while with all that technical mumbo jumbo you two were going on about...that wasn't a topic, it was merely two guys talking to eachother (in tech terms that is)....

Share the goodness with others. And I'm sorry to say but if it gets a bit too technical you might as well speak chinese...me do not understand.

(the fact that NOBODY in here responds other than you two is because it's obviously a party for two, which is a shame actually)

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Share the goodness with others. And I'm sorry to say that if it gets a bit too technical you might as well speak chinese...me do not understand.
your'e right there, i would, but i dont use well im not a fan of Linux to be honest, only use it if need be, and thats not many a time.......I'm pretty sure a few on here have tested it, and hopefully type and snap up a nice little tut
dry.gif

To be honest if at all id rather wait for wii port not based on Linux, if i was to use Linux which is very rare, only on the PC i'm afraid
mellow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol