Homebrew [NEW] Browser Check Bypass (yls8)

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my friend just downgraded, but he's getting the update nag on 9.2 and apparently this wont work. He doesn't have enough time to click the options or anything?

Oddly, he was on 9.6 and didn't get a update nag while doing browser hax to downgrade.

He apparently can't get to the options before the update notice blocks him out. Any help?

Last edited by NightsOwl,

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So my friend just downgraded, but he's getting the update nag on 9.2 and apparently this wont work. He doesn't have enough time to click the options or anything?

Oddly, he was on 9.6 and didn't get a update nag while doing browser hax to downgrade.

He apparently can't get to the options before the update notice blocks him out. Any help?
Try the spider exploit.

d12unk13astard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Did you guys try to setup the DNS to 107.211.140.165 for primary
107.211.140.065 for secondary.

that should let you access browserhax in time, especially if your using bookmarks or better yet qr codes.

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you guys try to setup the DNS to 107.211.140.165 for primary
107.211.140.065 for secondary.

that should let you access browserhax in time, especially if your using bookmarks or better yet qr codes.
Yep. The nag still happened. Issue is, we think it was a Frankenupdate. Because QR Codes didn't work. They just crashed the system. I think that 3DS is a lost cause. Thanks for the help though. <3

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all im using 2DS so consider it O3DS and im on v9.9 can someone tell me what I have to do to get browserhax going as I have the update nag everytime I access the browser

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed browserhax and then menuhax on 3 o3DSes that had the browser block of doom. Worked flawlessly. Just make sure to crash your browser, never hit the home button for exiting the browser!

Saved me 35 dollars on not needing to buy OOT!

Last edited by Viri,

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Managed to make browserhax work on my 2ds v9.9!! I am ECSTATIC I had no hope after the update nag! thanks yls8 and to all fellow hackers!!

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always get the "an error has occured" message. i am on 10.5. Any Ideas? I get the glowing screens in the bottom first.
Keep on trying. Browser hax on 10.4+ is very unreliable. I had to keep trying for days until it finally worked.

Remember, install menuhax, way more reliable than browserhax.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The workaround was fixed with 10.7, not 10.6. Zoogie was saying the exploits that run the HBL were fixed, not the workaround which lets you get past the update nag.
So i can access the homebrew launcher with my 10.6 n3ds that had 9.2 with rxtools before with browserhax?
I saw a threas earlier that said it worked if i set my date to 2019

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Why did he say that the workaround was patched with 10.7 if it already got patched with 10.6?
Browserhax does not equal update bypass.
Browserhax fixed in 10.6
bypass fixed in 10.7

So there's still hope that if a new browser hack is found on 10.6, then the bypass technique can ensure it can't be blocked with a forced update. No such guarantees for 10.7.

Reactions: daxtsu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...