New Atari 2600/Sega Genesis Consoles & Handhelds Announced

Capture.JPG

The Nintendo NES Mini has come and gone but what's in for those who wanted re-releases of their favorite retro SEGA and Atari consoles?

AtGames might have listened to you since the company has announced its Fall 2017 lineup of classic gaming hardware, including new premium HD versions of their classic gaming consoles: the Atari Flashback 8 Gold and the Sega Genesis Flashback. Each console includes a selection of built-in Atari 2600 and Sega Genesis 16-bit games, respectively, as well as 21st century-esque features, including wireless controllers.

FB8280C_ID_TV.jpg

Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG

These consoles along with additional products, including the Atari Flashback Portable Game Player and the Sega Ultimate Portable Game Player will be available at all major retailers in Fall 2017. However, no word about the pricing yet.

:arrow: SOURCE

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AtGame shas been on the scene with several Sega Flashbacks from long time ago.. they are 8/10, they do the job, and they are cheap, which is the important...

Atary flashbacks are the same, i own 4 different atari flashback revisions, and again, they do the job, nostalgia sells, and buying a nes mini for over 100+ its not worth it, you can easily put any oldschool game on any device, with or without any controllers.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They already sell those genesis consoles in local chain drugstores (Rite Aid, Walgreens) in Philadelphia PA and I assume everywhere else with the content generally being the sega genesis collection that you can buy for PS3/360 for ~$15, the consoles usually go for about $39.99 if I recall, usually stocked alongside those "Craig" brand android 4.2 laptops and tablets.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Maybe it was already mentioned here but Genesis got a re-release this year in Brazil from the same electronics company (TecToy) who officially manufactured and sold the real thing in the 90s along with the games in the country.

Reference (English) http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ted_edition_console_heading_to_brazil_in_2017

Source (Portuguese)
https://www.tectoy.com.br/pre-venda-mega-drive-edicao-limitada/p/995040461825
Don't forget to say, it's PAL 50Hz, that's why it's called MegaDrive in Brazil.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually got an Atari2600 for Christmas the year I was in 5th grade. 1977. Except for actual arcade games at the mall, pizza shop, skate rink, and occasional visits to a friend's house who had Intellivision, I was stuck with that sucker as my video game machine until 1986. Well, not really for that long ... it got played hard for a few years then never touched again. Anyway, I played more than enough Atari 2600 when it was a current-gen console. I have no desire for more.

Reactions: mthrnite

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are these the same guys that made all the previous garbage releases? Like the Genesis with 80 games! Only half of them are actual Genesis games and the other half are crappy made up games?

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually got an Atari2600 for Christmas the year I was in 5th grade. 1977. Except for actual arcade games at the mall, pizza shop, skate rink, and occasional visits to a friend's house who had Intellivision, I was stuck with that sucker as my video game machine until 1986. Well, not really for that long ... it got played hard for a few years then never touched again. Anyway, I played more than enough Atari 2600 when it was a current-gen console. I have no desire for more.
My question is ... did you cry when you saw ET the first time. Be honest. LOL.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

There's been plenty of Atari and Sega plug and play consoles on the market. It's not like it was caused by the NES classic.
While that's true, the mini console types grew in popularity thanks to Nintendo Classic NES so AtGames tried to leech off that.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
As much as I hate saying this... Don't buy their garbage. Go retropi and get quality emulation. Atgames is absolutely terrible in terms of quality.
Well, I don't know anything about AtGames's products, but I'd advise against RetroPie, as the emulation comes with a huge amount of input lag tacked on. I found it unplayable, personally.

Reactions: Deleted User

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is ... did you cry when you saw ET the first time. Be honest. LOL.

The movie? I have never seen it. Really. My wife still doesn't believe me when I tell her that, but I was already 15 or 16 when that movie came out and it looked like kid stuff to me. I mean, I was sneaking into the theater to see T&A movies like Porky's around that time.

Reactions: osirisjem

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The movie? I have never seen it. Really. My wife still doesn't believe me when I tell her that, but I was already 15 or 16 when that movie came out and it looked like kid stuff to me. I mean, I was sneaking into the theater to see T&A movies like Porky's around that time.
Porky's LOL !
Watch ET with your kids now ... with the whole fam damily ... lemme know much you cried ! Hahahhaha.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone ever play a paddle game like Warlords on the Wii 2600 emulator ?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't know anything about AtGames's products, but I'd advise against RetroPie, as the emulation comes with a huge amount of input lag tacked on. I found it unplayable, personally.

Their hardware quality is pretty terrible, and there is a fair bit of input lag.. That comes with playing certain things on a TV...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken they are worth it lol