Antstream Arcade brings over 1,400 retro games to Xbox via cloud streaming

A barrage of classic games are on the way to the Xbox platform. Antstream Arcade is a streaming service that offers over 1,400 retro video games to play through its cloud subscription service. The service has been available on PC and streaming sticks for a while now, but this will be the first time the service will launch on a console. Antstream Arcade offers a library of games from systems like the Atari 2600, SNES, PlayStation 1, and more.

Some of those games include Earthworm Jim, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Day of the Tentacle, and Calfornia Games.

Currently, there are 1,470 games available to choose from. They also include achievements, tournaments, and mini-games as part of their subscription. A full 12-month subscription is priced at $29.99. A full list of their current library can be seen on their official site. It'll launch on July 21st.

:arrow: Source

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I love the idea of a Netflix for retro games. A solution needs to be found so that all those games from our childhood can be played once more.

Sadly the current game catalog doesn’t appeal to me that much. I’ll follow this closely, hopefully they will be adding better titles in the future!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Lol...a whopping 2 PS1 games was all they could manage to get licensing for? Surely there are a good handful of the some ~2500 PS1 games they could grab the licensing for cheap by now, there was a lot of shovelware and one offs that they could add for padding out the library at least.

Seems like a majority of the "1470" games are just C64/ZX/Amiga abandonware with a few classics thrown in here or there on other systems to give it the illusion of value. Definitely not something I'd spend $30 a year on, probably not even $30 for life even. A good idea in theory, but definitely needs a much better library before I'll bother with it.

LokeYourLord

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Streaming this, streaming that, streaming everything,
subscription this, subscription that, subscription everything...

NO! God damn it, when is the nightmare going to end? Video streaming, alright, I can get behind that. Music... meh, quality is dogshit, but then games?

Look, if you stream it yourself via your own Machine through means like Parsec, fine, you own the game, it's your machine which you have full ownership and control over and you can do with as you please, then awesome. But this never ending anti-consumerism is starting to piss me off, and the fact people enable this crap by paying for it is even worse.

PS: Anyone defending these anti-consumer practices can go jump in a pool of LEGO.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I love the idea of a Netflix for retro games. A solution needs to be found so that all those games from our childhood can be played once more.

Sadly the current game catalog doesn’t appeal to me that much. I’ll follow this closely, hopefully they will be adding better titles in the future!
Streaming is shit. No matter what.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Honesty how many videogame streaming services have to die for them to understand that this is a bad idea? People may like to play games they own on a tablet or streamed to their phone, but that's with local streaming and almost no lag.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean, this is subjective. For example, you made me cringe, because you cringed on a simple marketing sentence like this.
Eurgh. Replies like this make me cringe, that you possibly cringed at an initial cringe. /s

Let’s be honest: “for the players” is the REAL marketing sentence.

They cringe is them marketing this tat at all imho.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like if antstream is worth mentioning then so is webrcade not only does it let you play all these same systems on Xbox series x/s (with a few very minor caveats of course) that antstream does. It additionally plays n64 and it does it all through the processing power of the internet browser. it's also free to use and as far as the game Library well it uses your game Library, that's right outside of a few included Homebrew and freeware games for various systems that come included with the free service you provide the ROMs via cloud storage. the save files are also cloud-based making it easy to pick up and play on another device with a compatible internet browser

Could I go on yes could I have used a better grammar definitely but I'm not a gbatemp reporter Nor in my affiliated with webrcade so I feel like I've done enough talking them up

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Eurgh. Replies like this make me cringe, that you possibly cringed at an initial cringe. /s

Let’s be honest: “for the players” is the REAL marketing sentence.

They cringe is them marketing this tat at all imho.
You do realise, that "for the players" is a Sony thing, right? They can't use that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.