Hacking new ak2i boots homebrew but no ROMs

herbal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My first acekard2i had a problem with the mechanism that keeps the MicroSD-Card (had to use duct tape to keep it fixed in the ak2i) so I had to buy a new one which arrived today.

Now I got an other problem:
The card boots homebrew games without problems (using AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper) but it does not boot any commercial games (neither on DSi nor on DS Lite). When selecting a rom the 'loading' screen turns up and the font changes from blue to green and then it just stays there.

When I insert the same MicroSD in the older a2ki with the defective MicroSD-Slot (by using duct tape again) it works without problems.

Any ideas?

resiguy15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm hoping you are having the same problem as me, is it this?
When you have loaded the official Acekard software onto the AK2i, games work perfectly, but when you are running the AKAIO 1.4.1 software on the AK2i instead, no games will load (red loading sign when booting up a game, and blue loading sign when you keep hold of X, stays on this screen forever)

I'm hoping this is the same problem as your so we can have both our answers at the same time, only with mine i can't run the official Acekard software because it won't read any of my old saves from when i transfered from an R4 to the AK2i, i've checked .SAV extensions and made sure only the SAV and the ROM are in a folder by themselves but still the game (pokemon platinum and others) will just start a new game. On AKAIO no matter what i do the games won't load even with me keeping hold of X and even with the games set to AKloader won't load, so either was i can't get what i want. How can i get my games to run on AKAIO and use my old .SAV's?

Dwaalspoor98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Resiguy, did you read the wiki? Maybe your problem is that R4 saves as .sav files and AKAIO saves default as nds.sav files you can change the extension to .sav in the menu like I did (or rename your save files).

herbal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Dwaalspoor98:

I can't believe it but it really fixed it - thanks so much.
The Wiki is currently down but placing ak2loader.nds in the folder called 'ak2loader' did it.

UPDATE: I got confused with the cards, problem is still not solved.
frown.gif

@resiguy15: Yes, directly after posting here I tried the original Ak2i Firmware and it worked fine, then I saw Dwaalspoor98's answer to my/our problem and it really fixed the problems with my new card and AKAIO.

Have the cards changed somehow or why is it that the same Micro-SD with AKAIO 1.4.1 worked in the older ak2i but not in the new one?

EDIT: Obviously the cards HAVE changed because I tried the file (found in an other thread here at GBAtemp) that fixes the language bug with the old ak2i and I received the message that this card could not be updated. Then I tried the file on the new ak2i and it updated just fine. Now I can switch my DSi to German, French, etc. and the Acekard still works.

resiguy15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, thanks you two i'll give it another shot. I would have read the Wiki but like herbal said...ITS DEAD!!, for a little while
biggrin.gif

resiguy15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, now i'm running AKAIO 1.4.1 and i've switched the loader to AKloader and the normal AKAIO loader but still no games will load, whats going onnnnn! *crys*

herbal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@resiguy15: Sorry, you are right. It still does not work. I got a bit confused as I have two ak2i, a DSi and (for testing purposes) a DS Lite and I tested the card on DS Lite instead of DSi.

The new loader did not really change anything, I still cannot use AKAIO with the new AK2i (but at least I could update the hardware to fix the language bug).
frown.gif

resiguy15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DANG IT! the problem still persists! anybody got any ideas!? 2 people will...um die, if the problem isn't solved...me and herbal
Psst...herbal, play dead

herbal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SOLVED:
It was just too obvious...but I did not realize it until now (probably the Wiki would have helped if it were available).
I copied the loader from Dwaalspoor98's link into 'ak2loader' but that was completely wrong. You just have to put it into the folder called 'loaders' and replace the old 'ak2loader.nds' with the new one (guess that's what Dwaalspoor98 meant) - that's all. And now all games work again in AKAIO 1.4.1 with that newer model of ak2i.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hahahhah calm down guys. its not your fault. the wiki was down so we cant blame you for that. Good job fixing yourself tho
biggrin.gif
Remember to update the loaders every 1 to 2 weeks that way you stay as up to date as possible. Although a simple search within the forum could have helped.

~ Jon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E