Create a new usd to boot Atmosphere

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I had setup a usd with both SXOS & Atmo back in the day. The card is now almost full and I would like to create a new one while keeping the saves and apps (no need for SXOS anymore).
Can I just buy a new usd card and copy paste the content to the new card ? If so, how can I leave out the games and only copy the boot stuff and homebrew apps ? What folder(s) do I need to not copy over ?
Do I need to format the new card using a custom tool (sorry the knowledge is gone as I initially done this loooong ago).

Thanks.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I had setup a usd with both SXOS & Atmo back in the day. The card is now almost full and I would like to create a new one while keeping the saves and apps (no need for SXOS anymore).
Can I just buy a new usd card and copy paste the content to the new card ? If so, how can I leave out the games and only copy the boot stuff and homebrew apps ? What folder(s) do I need to not copy over ?
Do I need to format the new card using a custom tool (sorry the knowledge is gone as I initially done this loooong ago).

Thanks.
You can...theoretically. Use the emutool or create an exact copy of your old sd card.

Reactions: impeeza

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's more complicated than copy/paste if your emummc is partition based. You need to create a backup of your existing emummc setup in hekate, partition your new micro sd card, copy it over and restore it. If all you want is your save files not games, it's actually easier to export all your saves with jksv, create a fresh emummc on your new sd card and import them.

Also it's probably better for you to redownload all your homebrew apps, if you create your existing sd setup a long time ago probably they are all outdated.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
It's more complicated than copy/paste if your emummc is partition based. You need to create a backup of your existing emummc setup in hekate, partition your new micro sd card, copy it over and restore it. If all you want is your save files not games, it's actually easier to export all your saves with jksv, create a fresh emummc on your new sd card and import them.

Also it's probably better for you to redownload all your homebrew apps, if you create your existing sd setup a long time ago probably they are all outdated.
And that's why you should use the emutool ;)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I could not get emutool to display the drives (even when ran as admin) so I used MiniTool Partition Wizard Free.

This is what I got:
1696583686695.png

I'm not sure how to backup or create the same setup on the new usd card. I believe one the the smaller partitions is for SX OS (not using it anylonger) and the other one for Atmo.

If I cannot get the same setup, I'm OK into creating a new usd from scratch just booting Atmo (if someone can guide me through this).

Thanks.

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I could not get emutool to display the drives (even when ran as admin) so I used MiniTool Partition Wizard Free.

This is what I got:
View attachment 397729

I'm not sure how to backup or create the same setup on the new usd card. I believe one the the smaller partitions is for SX OS (not using it anylonger) and the other one for Atmo.

If I cannot get the same setup, I'm OK into creating a new usd from scratch just booting Atmo (if someone can guide me through this).

Thanks.
Guys,
Which of the partitions should I be copying ?

Otherwise, any simple tutotial to create a new usd card for Atmo ? I can certainly copy the apps/tools I use to the new one afterwards ?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch