Hacking Question New 6.0 Games on 4.1.0?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are in 3.01 Too? Toad runs with 4.01 masterkey
Would nice from you when You can try it
Im Away from keyboard
I can just downgrade to firmware 3.0.1 with ChoiDujourNX (I've downgraded and updated my firmware numerous times with it). The actual challenge is going to be finding the game itself, but I have my usual sources.

Reactions: loler55

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you . You have a new friend here;) let me now when i can help with something
I can just downgrade to firmware 3.0.1 with ChoiDujourNX (I've downgraded and updated my firmware numerous times with it). The actual challenge is going to be finding the game itself, but I have my usual sources.

Bigjokker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, it doesn't work. Game only launches on firmware 4.X; trying to play it on firmware 3.X results in the software closing because an error occurred.

Just to make sure you did everything correctly did you extract all the NCAs in the NSP? I've also converted XCI with 4nxci converter then extracted the NCAs and rebuilt the game with the extracted files. And everything worked perfectly.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to make sure you did everything correctly did you extract all the NCAs in the NSP? I've also converted XCI with 4nxci converter then extracted the NCAs and rebuilt the game with the extracted files. And everything worked perfectly.
Admittedly I didn't but hacbrewpack generated the other .NCA files for me that I didn't feed into it. I provided it the romfs of the control.nca as well as the romfs & exefs of the program.nca then built the .NSP file using hacbrewpack. Meaning it should have automatically generated the other .NCA files without me needing to decrypt those and feed it into the software. I don't think decrypting the other .NCA files would make a difference since hacbrewpack made those itself and the game launches perfectly fine on firmware 4.X

Reactions: loler55

Bigjokker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Admittedly I didn't but hacbrewpack generated the other .NCA files for me that I didn't feed into it. I provided it the romfs of the control.nca as well as the romfs & exefs of the program.nca then built the .NSP file using hacbrewpack. Meaning it should have automatically generated the other .NCA files without me needing to decrypt those and feed it into the software. I don't think decrypting the other .NCA files would make a difference since hacbrewpack made those itself and the game launches perfectly fine on firmware 4.X

Have you tried hacpack? As hacbrewpack was intended for homebrew packing. Here is a bat I made that I use to extract the NSPs files into their own folders (i.e exefs,control..etc) with hactool. It will work with XCI games converted with 4nxci
as they don't need a titlekey. You would need tf.exe (titlekey finder) program to find the titlekey to extract encrypted NSPs with this bat.

Attachments

• EXTRT_v2.rar
    3.5 KB · Views: 127
Last edited by Bigjokker,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried hacpack? As hacbrewpack was intended for homebrew packing. Here is a bat I made that I use to extract the NSPs files into their own folders (i.e exefs,control..etc) with hactool. It will work with XCI games converted with 4nxci
as they don't need a titlekey. You would need tf.exe (titlekey finder) program to find the titlekey to extract encrypted NSPs with this bat or you can paste your titlekey.
I'm not familiar with tf.exe but I can provide the titlekey. How do I paste it?

Bigjokker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried to paste a titlekey with the bat and its not working unless first NCA it extracts is encrypted. Here is the bat with tf if you want to extract encrypted NSPs. I will look into fixing the paste option its just that I never use that.

Attachments

• EXTRT_v2.rar
    3.5 KB · Views: 153

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried to paste a titlekey with the bat and its not working unless first NCA it extracts is encrypted. Here is the bat with tf if you want to extract encrypted NSPs. I will look into fixing the paste option its just that I never use that.
After finally figuring out that the game wouldn't even install unless it had its manual.nca and meta.nca when rebuilt with hacpack, I can confirm Captain Toad still does not launch on firmware 3.X but works fine on 4.X

Reactions: Garou and loler55

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
After finally figuring out that the game wouldn't even install unless it had its manual.nca and meta.nca when rebuilt with hacpack, I can confirm Captain Toad still does not launch on firmware 3.X but works fine on 4.X
What a Great comunity Here @Draxzelex spend so much Time for me thats amazing!
Thank You for Your Work ... and that You dont say just update without burning fuses^^
I dont want it:) better wait for a Working emunand on 3.01
Sx os 2.0 dosnt work on 3.xx

Shit that was all for nothing sry

Last edited by loler55,

Bigjokker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex I think you were correct about about the firmware requirements but not in the NSO but in the NPDM file. I found out how to change the minimum required version.

Open the main.npdm in a hex editor (i.e HxD) and scroll down to "ACI0" not ACID. Then the 4th line under ACI0 (Counting ACI0 as 1) change the values to 60 01 00 00 24 00 00 00 00.

This will set minimum version to 1.0. Here is a pic to see what I mean.

egpa88.jpg

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex I think you were correct about about the firmware requirements but not in the NSO but in the NPDM file. I found out how to change the minimum required version.

Open the main.npdm in a hex editor (i.e HxD) and scroll down to "ACI0" not ACID. Then the 4th line under ACI0 (Counting ACI0 as 1) change the values to 60 01 00 00 24 00 00 00 00.

This will set minimum version to 1.0. Here is a pic to see what I mean.

egpa88.jpg
After rebuilding the program and meta .NCA files after changing the value to match the picture (all that was different was the 60 was instead a 70 before) with hacpack and then using hacpack to make the .NSP, the game no longer launches even on firmware 5.X. I doubt making it hacbrewpack would make a difference but if it does, I'll let you know.

EDIT: As expected, it does not launch even if the .NSP is made with hacbrewpack. I actually thought the backup NPDM file interfered with the original .NSP so I decided to remove it from the exefs folder of the original program.nca but alas it was in vain. Guess that 70 is more important than we thought (or there are other values that require alteration).

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: Bigjokker

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure if that or RC Pro AM was my favorite NES racing game... hmmmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I loved the rc pro am games
    @SylverReZ, RC Pro AM was made by Rare, and that explains why I liked it. Just learned the other day about a game I loved that was made by Rare and I was surprised lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.