Hacking new 3DS semi-bricked? after uninstalling HomeMenu title and even A9LH can't really restore it

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Might sound stupid but:

Have you tried installing the other "HomeMenu" title ID you deleted?

If you already tried it, then im sorry...Don't know how to help ;_;

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Might sound stupid but:

Have you tried installing the other "HomeMenu" title ID you deleted?

If you already tried it, then im sorry...Don't know how to help ;_;
I think he already found the issue. It was bricking because of a Notification from the eShop, probably due to the custom font that was installed to the system.

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks again for the help everyone! :) I'm on 11.1 now, the Yokai Watch notification appeared and my 3DS still works as normal, the nightmare is over! ^_^

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SkyDX Hey, did you end up just updating your pre-font hack backup? If you want to make a new backup of that and still try to restore your post-font backup in order to keep newly installed titles and such, I have the directions on finding and removing the Home Menu title ID on your 3DS using FBI:

1. Start FBI v2.4.2
  2. Go to Titles
  3. Press Select to enter Filter
  4. Toggle Show Game card off, Show SD off, Show NAND on
  5. Find your Home menu title:
    1. JPN: 0004003000008202
    2. USA: 0004003000008F02
    3. EUR: 0004003000009802
  6. Product Code will be: CTR-N-HMME
  7. Select and Delete title.
  8. Install freshly downloaded title from 3DSNUS
  9. Reboot.
You can try these steps on your post-font backup if you'd like, otherwise this may be useful to anyone else looking to remove custom fonts.

PS. The HOME menu title you found and deleted was the Home Menu Designer mini-menu you use to change your theme with.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
After this backup I bought Monster Hunter Generations and self-dumped it to install it as a .cia so when I restore my old backup the system won't recognize the data on the SD anymore which isn't a problem I can just redump my cartridge but the old .cia will still exist on the SD and take up space :/
go to your settings then data management then you should see the game icon with an gray x at its top left delete it, and install the same game.
happens to me when I restore an old backup

SkyDX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Never. Install. Custom. Fonts. Again. NEVVVEERRRR

Well I wouldn't say NEVVVEERRR! :P It would be nice if someone could write a plugin that makes CFW's load the system-font .bcfnt file on-the-fly from the SD-card instead of from the NAND. That way if something like on my end happens you simply have to delete the .bcfnt file and the system will use the font-file on the NAND again.

Are custom keyboards still OK? Just curious.

I would think so aslong as they don't interfere with updates :o

@SkyDX Hey, did you end up just updating your pre-font hack backup? If you want to make a new backup of that and still try to restore your post-font backup in order to keep newly installed titles and such, I have the directions on finding and removing the Home Menu title ID on your 3DS using FBI:

1. Start FBI v2.4.2
  2. Go to Titles
  9. Reboot.
You can try these steps on your post-font backup if you'd like, otherwise this may be useful to anyone else looking to remove custom fonts.

PS. The HOME menu title you found and deleted was the Home Menu Designer mini-menu you use to change your theme with.

Interesting to know thanks for making me smarter :) I did flash my pre-font backup now and am dumping my MonHun Cartridge again as I type this so I will be soon back where I as but I swear there wasn't any title 0004003000009802 o.o What makes the whole thing very strange, it IS now there but its product code is CTR-N-HMMP o.o

go to your settings then data management then you should see the game icon with an gray x at its top left delete it, and install the same game.
happens to me when I restore an old backup

Ah okay so the data management recognizes dud-data, good to know :o

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting to know thanks for making me smarter :) I did flash my pre-font backup now and am dumping my MonHun Cartridge again as I type this so I will be soon back where I as but I swear there wasn't any title 0004003000009802 o.o What makes the whole thing very strange, it IS now there but its product code is CTR-N-HMMP o.o
Interesting, maybe it's because my console is US, not EUR. I assumed the Product code would be the same but I guess not. Wonder what it is on a JPN system. Very odd you could not find it, obviously FBI knew it was there. I'll keep this in mind for the future. You may have been able to use GodMode9 to mount your pre-font backup and copy the 7:/title/00040030/00009802 folder and overwrite the modified one located at 1:/title/00040030/00009802 and skip using FBI or a CIA from 3DSNUS altogether.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,
Reactions: Sev501 and SkyDX

SkyDX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Interesting, maybe it's because my console is US, not EUR. I assumed the Product code would be the same but I guess not. Wonder what it is on a JPN system. Very odd you could not find it, obviously FBI knew it was there. I'll keep this in mind for the future. You may have been able to use GodMode9 to mount your pre-font backup and copy the 7:/title/00040030/00009802 folder and overwrite the modified one located at 1:/title/00040030/00009802 and skip using FBI or a CIA from 3DSNUS altogether.

Ah yeah that would explain the difference in the product-code :o And thanks I wish I would have known this yesterday but it's still nice to know that ways like this exist for the future ^_^ I still don't know how the notification could brick with the font though, I mean I could open the Notification Center and even read the Yo-kai watch message in question just fine so I'm still curious about what exactly happened internally o.o I mean I could even go back and play games, only after trying to reboot the Firmware threw a fit...

Last edited by SkyDX,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yeah that would explain the difference in the product-code :o And thanks I wish I would have known this yesterday but it's still nice to know that ways like this exist for the future ^_^ I still don't know how the notification could brick with the font though, I mean I could open the Notification Center and even read the Yo-kai watch message in question just fine so I'm still curious about what exactly happened internally o.o I mean I could even go back and play games, only after trying to reboot the Firmware threw a fit...
After getting the Yo-Kai spot pass, did you open the gift that showed on the Home Menu? If you did, did you opt to keep the icon or delete the icon?

SkyDX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After getting the Yo-Kai spot pass, did you open the gift that showed on the Home Menu? If you did, did you opt to keep the icon or delete the icon?

It wasn't that kind of Yo-Kai Watch Spotpass, it simply informed me that new Yo-kai Watch Themes are available in the Theme Shop, that's all, that's why I'm so confused by this all :P

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. Start FBI v2.4.2
  2. Go to Titles
  9. Reboot.

I have a similar issue and this method inst working for me. I am stuck in step 8. Every time i try to install the fresh homemenu title from 3dsnus the FBI says that the title is already installed.

any help?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar issue and this method inst working for me. I am stuck in step 8. Every time i try to install the fresh homemenu title from 3dsnus the FBI says that the title is already installed.

any help?
Are you using the FBI that's injected into the Health & Safety app or a copy of FBI that was installed to the SD card as a CIA?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs