Hacking NEW 3DS (N3DS) flashcart FAQ. Please read before asking N3DS flashcart questions.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I wanted to know what was the difference, since you can't use the Blue Gateway in the New Nintendo 3DS. Also, what system version/firmware did you have when trying the Ace3DS Plus, and what game did you run? Do the Ace3DS Plus have black borders in game since it uses the DS native resolution?
I may be wrong, but I'm getting the impression you think this would be playing 3ds games, it doesn't, it just plays normal DS games on the 3ds, so they play in normal DS mode

I know that's kinda obvious, but still there has been quite a few people buying normal NDS flashcards thinking it will play 3ds games because it says it works on the 3ds :rolleyes:

Reactions: Kuifa

Kuifa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I may be wrong, but I'm getting the impression you think this would be playing 3ds games, it doesn't, it just plays normal DS games on the 3ds, so they play in normal DS mode

I know that's kinda obvious, but still there has been quite a few people buying normal NDS flashcards thinking it will play 3ds games because it says it works on the 3ds :rolleyes:
I already know it's for DS games only. The first quote I skimmed the ''DS Game'' part of his message: ''By the way for DS Game Ace3DS still works on the latest version & n3ds.DS''. I'm asking now how it fares ingame (for DS games). Are the resolution upscaled or does it uses the DS native resolution? If it's upscaled does it looks nice or ugly?

joepassive
Could you provide some screenshots ingame (past the title screen) please?

joepassive

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I already know it's for DS games only. The first quote I skimmed the ''DS Game'' part of his message: ''By the way for DS Game Ace3DS still works on the latest version & n3ds.DS''. I'm asking now how it fares ingame (for DS games). Are the resolution upscaled or does it uses the DS native resolution? If it's upscaled does it looks nice or ugly?

joepassive

i have decided to do a video instead of screenshots, is that ok?

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

joepassive
The 3ds will stretch ds games to fit and some games don't look as good.

You do have the option to run the games in their native resolution.

You hold "Select" and boot your NDS game and that will make the games boot in their original resolution.

This trick also works to boot nds flashcards.

Someone can try it and post a video to show the difference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now