Hacking NEW 3DS (N3DS) flashcart FAQ. Please read before asking N3DS flashcart questions.

Kuifa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow.... Import the New 3DS XL. The improved 3D alone makes it superior, and the extra buttons and CPU power don't hurt either.

Can you import it for less? MSRP is $200.

Yeah, I'm thinking of importing it since the new one seems way better than the old one (if you don't have a DS which I don't). And they're selling the old 3DS XL a bit expensive in my country...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Q: How do I get a header that isn't public knowledge? I want to use my own unique private header.
A: Easy. Rent the game, follow these steps here. Be sure to thank Cyan for his guide.
should mention here that
A) this is only possible on 9.2 or lower
B) this is only possible on the old3DS, so they will also need access to a 9.2 or lower old3ds
Q: Do I have to upgrade my N3DS to the latest firmware to play games online?
A: No. You simply need to have a ROM with the latest version of the game. The only thing you would need to update your N3DS for, is to access the eShop - and that's really not worth it. Just wait a few days until someone posts a ROM with the latest patch injected and you can once again play online without an issue.
This is not possible, sky3ds can not run any modified games, so no injecting patches or any of that stuff is possible for sky3ds users, if a game requires an update with sky3ds you will either have to update and download it from the eshop, or pass up on online play

also some condensing of info regarding sky3ds only having region free capabilities on the old3DS so on the new 3ds you will be limited to games that match the region of your console, and no eshop roms support etc, that gets asked quite a lot

other than that all good, hopefully it will quell the spread of "can I... will I.... etc posts

TehLexinator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should mention here that
A) this is only possible on 9.2 or lower
B) this is only possible on the old3DS, so they will also need access to a 9.2 or lower old3ds

Thanks. I mentioned this much lower in this thread, and just updated the FAQ.

This is not possible, sky3ds can not run any modified games, so no injecting patches or any of that stuff is possible for sky3ds users, if a game requires an update with sky3ds you will either have to update and download it from the eshop, or pass up on online play

Are you sure?

I downloaded another revision of MH 4U and can once again play online. Same with MK7.
Can someone please confirm with another game?

also some condensing of info regarding sky3ds only having region free capabilities on the old3DS so on the new 3ds you will be limited to games that match the region of your console, and no eshop roms support etc, that gets asked quite a lot

other than that all good, hopefully it will quell the spread of "can I... will I.... etc posts

Thanks, will do. I didnt even mention regionfree.

Reactions: Margen67

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that the DSTwo works on my N3DS with firmware 9.0.
yes it works with mine as well w/the caveat that either the ds2 OR the uSD was NOT properly situated in first attempt which failed. Removing and reseating -> works fine.

Needs to be firmware(ds2 fw) 1.25 to work with recent 3DS fw releases though. I don't think that eos matters much(ds2 fw should handle 3ds/ds/etc recognition), but I could be wrong about that.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks. I mentioned this much lower in this thread, and just updated the FAQ.

Are you sure?

I downloaded another revision of MH 4U and can once again play online.
Can someone please confirm with another game?

Thanks, will do. I didnt even mention regionfree.
some games have revisions, but only 2 i know of is smash bros and mario kart 7, i doubt there has been a revision of MH 4U yet, maybe there was just a template issue that was fixed or something by the sky3ds team, but sky3ds can only run 1:1 roms, if people are lucky there will be a official cart revision like mario kart 7, but revisions are pretty uncommon, most games stick to eshop updates rather than cart revisions

and in regards to the region free stuff i just meant it might be helpful to condense some other common questions etc so the first post covers 90% of the repeated questions and things that commonly get confused due to n3ds differences

Reactions: TehLexinator

TehLexinator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some games have revisions, but only 2 i know of is smash bros and mario kart 7, i doubt there has been a revision of MH 4U yet, maybe there was just a template issue that was fixed or something by the sky3ds team, but sky3ds can only run 1:1 roms, if people are luck there will be a official cart revision like mario kart 7, but revisions are pretty uncommon, most games stick to eshop updates rather than cart revisions

and in regards to the region free stuff i just meant it might be helpful to condense some other common questions etc so the first post covers 90% of the repeated questions and things that commonly get confused due to n3ds differences

Aaah, great! Good to know. Thanks.

Look it over again. I added everything you suggested.... But I will be honest, I am pretty damn buzzed right now.... So it may not be "optimal", :grog:

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Anyway, going to bed. Night all!

BeerNuts

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a method to dump your own cart roms on the new 3ds? Past posts all talk about gateway as the best option but that won't work. I travel a lot and want to dump my carts onto my Sky so I can just carry one multicart.

pirate4life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you. This is good and help me a lot.

I have Qumox card and it not working in cart but works for photo.

Can you please make suggestion on what sd card to use for Sky3ds?

Chris230291

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So how come gateway doesn't work on the new 3DS yet? I saw the video that they posted and assumed it was all good to go ahead and order one. :/

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So how come gateway doesn't work on the new 3DS yet? I saw the video that they posted and assumed it was all good to go ahead and order one. :/
still havn't released, apparently the exploit they where using broke mii compatibility(which i assume would cause any games that use the mii feature not to work, i.e mario kart,smash bros etc) so they needed to re-work it, they have been promising "soon" for a very long time now....in the mean time its up to the users to decide if they trust them to pull through or if they just want to go with the option that will work right out of the box and not a unspecified amount of time in the future

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom