• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're waiting for gateway for the region free feature that Sky3DS doesn't have. But if you just wanna play games from your region, then the Sky3DS should be fine.
How do you find the "nipple stick"? Sensitive enough? : 3
In all seriousness, just checking, you didn't switch on the wifi, did you?

Hey Madao
Yes I turned on the wifi just fine. Surfed the net and played on youtube. You know the new models play 3D youtube videos right of the box! You have to use the web browser(html5) and not the youtube app.
The key is to not go into the eshop, turn off automatic updates, and of course dont upgrade! No worrys on everything else online. The 'nipple stick' is kinda nice. I thought that it was going to be very stiff and
very sensitive like those old IBM Thinkpad pointers. But, it's not like that at all. I tested it in MH3U and it makes controlling the camera much easier once you get the hang of it. Also, it works so well in SSB that you think it
was made for it. As for the Sky's region, I find it to be pretty awesome. With the Aussie model, you have a wider selection of games than even the usa region! I finally get to play all of the Inazuma games, One Piece games, and pretty much every game in the PAL region. In this regard, it even beats my USA 3DS XL even though I bought every game on the eshop with that device. I honestly think that nintendo is losing money by region locking these devices. In truth, if the NN3DS wasnt region locked I wouldnt have even bought a flashcard! I wouldve just transferred all of my current games and continued to buy like I normally do. I dont like limits. And, yes there is no 'tomorrow' technically. We only always experience today.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey Madao
Yes I turned on the wifi just fine. Surfed the net and played on youtube. You know the new models play 3D youtube videos right of the box! You have to use the web browser(html5) and not the youtube app.
The key is to not go into the eshop, turn off automatic updates, and of course dont upgrade! No worrys on everything else online. The 'nipple stick' is kinda nice. I thought that it was going to be very stiff and
very sensitive like those old IBM Thinkpad pointers. But, it's not like that at all. I tested it in MH3U and it makes controlling the camera much easier once you get the hang of it. Also, it works so well in SSB that you think it
was made for it. As for the Sky's region, I find it to be pretty awesome. With the Aussie model, you have a wider selection of games than even the usa region! I finally get to play all of the Inazuma games, One Piece games, and pretty much every game in the PAL region. In this regard, it even beats my USA 3DS XL even though I bought every game on the eshop with that device. I honestly think that nintendo is losing money by region locking these devices. In truth, if the NN3DS wasnt region locked I wouldnt have even bought a flashcard! I wouldve just transferred all of my current games and continued to buy like I normally do. I dont like limits. And, yes there is no 'tomorrow' technically. We only always experience today.
Yep. I thought the 'nipple stick' was kinda good, better experience than those bloody nubs on ye olde IBM Thinkpad.
Kinda funny though, since I'm playing my DS games on it meanwhile, especially Ring of Fates JPN ver. Hadn't the foggiest idea what happened as a kid, but replaying it nearly brought a tear to my eye how tragic it was...

Anyhow, enjoy your N3DS. Let's see how Majora's Mask will play on it, yeah?

Reactions: Multiboy2k

mc-kiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Play asia has New 3ds xl arriving in january 6th
I want to buy it, but i wonder whether it will be 9.0
Maybe someone can confirm this in a few days

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Play asia has New 3ds xl arriving in january 6th
I want to buy it, but i wonder whether it will be 9.0
Maybe someone can confirm this in a few days
When you say "arriving", do you mean a US release, or a AUS release?
'cause AFAIK, if you buy the current ones, the chances of fw being either 8.1-9.1 for JPN consoles and 9.0-9.1 for AUS consoles is higher.

Lyan53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
New 3DS XL Metallic Blue PAL-AUS

Purchased 2014/12/27 on Play-Asia
Received this morning (2015/01/02)

QAH1002XXXX X
Firmware version: 9.0.0-20E

150102103804519626.jpg

raibot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have here a QJH 3DS LL from Japan that I got a buddy to pick up for me. Haven't seen a lot of QJH's, mainly only QJF, I'll get to see the version when I receive the actual device which is gonna be next week.
3ds.jpg

Reactions: Friendsxix

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
I have here a QJH 3DS LL from Japan that I got a buddy to pick up for me. Haven't seen a lot of QJH's, mainly only QJF, I'll get to see the version when I receive the actual device which is gonna be next week.
View attachment 13581
Nice. You save on shipping fees. Let's hope the firmware's a safe one, for your sake.

abcc4life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooooo, does anyone know where there's screenshots of setting up a Japanese 3ds? Or a good way to learn general terms the 3ds uses? Lol don't wanna update accidentally :(

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a status on the firmwares for the PAL N3DS's coming in? I just heard about an N3DS which came with 9.2 and I'm worried I might need to take the plunge to get one soon.

mc-kiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Anyone have a status on the firmwares for the PAL N3DS's coming in? I just heard about an N3DS which came with 9.2 and I'm worried I might need to take the plunge to get one soon.

Where did you Hear that ? If its 9.2, then there is still time
Normally its 9.0

Shanester

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I bought 2 New 3DS LL's from Nippon Yasan (metallic black and Super Smash Bros edition). I only want one, so I submitted a cancel ticket for the metallic black. Has anyone had any experience cancelling an item from Nippon? Do they honor cancellations?

PekingGoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright so I bought 2 New 3DS LL's from Nippon Yasan (metallic black and Super Smash Bros edition). I only want one, so I submitted a cancel ticket for the metallic black. Has anyone had any experience cancelling an item from Nippon? Do they honor cancellations?

I ordered the White New 3DS on December 26 but sent a ticket to cancel because I was afraid that it would ship with 9.3 or higher (I was probably worried for nothing). They cancelled my order the following Monday with no problems.

Shanester

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered the White New 3DS on December 26 but sent a ticket to cancel because I was afraid that it would ship with 9.3 or higher (I was probably worried for nothing). They cancelled my order the following Monday with no problems.

Thanks. That's the same reason why I went for the Smash edition. I didn't want to take the risk that the Metallic Black version would come with firmware 9.3/9.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo