Hacking New 3ds for my son (gateway)

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A9LH can do everything gateway can plus more, so no, there's really no reason to.

A9LH can now play .3ds releases directly? So yes there is a reason to own both, and benefit from both.

You guys just stick your heads in the sand and ignore reality. Hence my fanboyism comment.

D

Deleted User

"NTR covers this" they'll answer. Because they can't read and they think we're from 2013.
With the new Gateshark2NTR... Technically does. I'll always admire Gateways cheat system though. I also admire gateways blue cart

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
With the new Gateshark2NTR... Technically does. I'll always admire Gateways cheat system though. I also admire gateways blue cart
Still no, because the key words in every post mentioning Gateway cheats are "easy", "convenient", etc. And I don't know about the others, but when I'm talking about that, I'm not talking about the cheat format, I mean the fact that I just have to boot my Gateway then press 9 keys (which takes 7 seconds) to activate the cheat menu on X+Y. Unlike with NTR where I have to launch a title, wait for 20 seconds (and I didn't switch from MSET to menuhax to have to launch titles, then from menuhax to a9lh to have to wait for 20 seconds...), sometimes it fails, etc. That's just annoying.

So really, I couldn't care less about .3ds support and stuff, but don't mention NTR as an alternative to Gateway cheats. For people using cheats once a year, yeah, that might work. Not for others. And since I absolutely want the "always autotracker" cheat in MHGen, I cheat everyday. I'll agree that Gateway is completely useless when NTR features are integrated into Luma (or other) and patches are done automatically without having to launch a title and wait 20 seconds.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Still no, because the key words in every post mentioning Gateway cheats are "easy", "convenient", etc. And I don't know about the others, but when I'm talking about that, I'm not talking about the cheat format, I mean the fact that I just have to boot my Gateway then press 9 keys (which takes 7 seconds) to activate the cheat menu on X+Y. Unlike with NTR where I have to launch a title, wait for 20 seconds (and I didn't switch from MSET to menuhax to have to launch titles, then from menuhax to a9lh to have to wait for 20 seconds...), sometimes it fails, etc. That's just annoying.

So really, I couldn't care less about .3ds support and stuff, but don't mention NTR as an alternative to Gateway cheats. For people using cheats once a year, yeah, that might work. Not for others. And since I absolutely want the "always autotracker" cheat in MHGen, I cheat everyday. I'll agree that Gateway is completely useless when NTR features are integrated into Luma (or other) and patches are done automatically without having to launch a title and wait 20 seconds.
You actually only have to wait 1.5 seconds :) with this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911/ made by @Nanquitas

The only issue that still stands with NTR is that it'll soft lock if you are changing games that you have cheats for (so you have to reboot before you'd like to play a new game; maybe a Luma patch can be implemented to reboot on a combo...)

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Hayleia

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You actually only have to wait 1.5 seconds :) with this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911/ made by @Nanquitas

The only issue that still stands with NTR is that it'll soft lock if you are changing games that you have cheats for (so you have to reboot before you'd like to play a new game; maybe a Luma patch can be implemented to reboot on a combo...)
Lol, it's so fast to boot compared to other versions, it's ridiculous. That's going to save me some rage when streaming, thanks :)
But still yeah, there's that issue you mention (though it personally doesn't bother me since I only use cheats with MHGen and for the rest I use Luma) plus the fact I still have to launch that myself.

D

Deleted User

Lol, it's so fast to boot compared to other versions, it's ridiculous. That's going to save me some rage when streaming, thanks :)
But still yeah, there's that issue you mention (though it personally doesn't bother me since I only use cheats with MHGen and for the rest I use Luma) plus the fact I still have to launch that myself.
Yeah, I agree. A NTR like feature integrated into Luma (I actually think Tux said he might do something like this in one of the issues...) would be AMAZING! Perhaps even just booting the NTR.bin while the 3ds is loading so you barely notice it... Then, if Luma figured out how to correct the soft lock issue, that would make a lot of people happy :D

Reactions: Hayleia

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's useless to use luma or I don't know which cfw when you have a Gateway
Well some people want to have VC and stuff without installing them twice, or have cartridges that they can't install as cia (for example as a parental control, parents lock the cartridges away) and having to swap shit to boot is annoying, so they had a Gateway when that was the only alternative but still switched to something that suited their need best...
So saying that is as stupid as saying Gateway is useless (which won't be when/if Luma gets NTR features).

Plus your sentence doesn't make any sense, Gateway is a CFW...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-