Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
you are a fool and people like you are holding this scene back then, if people just boycott it they will have to remove DRM 10 game limit, why are people so impatient , M$ abandon it's DRM scheme, when they found out how unpopular it was ,do not encourage this bad behavior and maybe it will go away
OK

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
you are a fool and people like you are holding this scene back then, if people just boycott it they will have to remove DRM 10 game limit, why are people so impatient , M$ abandon it's DRM scheme, when they found out how unpopular it was ,do not encourage this bad behavior and maybe it will go away

M$ is a much much bigger company, if it is as simple as removing it through update or whatever then the chances are it'll be hacked by others to remove the limit quite soon.

wikili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YeahGeek have it In Stock
just bought it.

Well, 99% of linkers' shop say it's in stock as soon as they heard about the product exist : even Crown 3DS, Evo3DS, etc... That's why Spanish say "no vender la piel del oso antes de cazarlo" (Can be translated by the usual "don't count your chickens before they're hatched", but mean "Don't sell the bear's skin before killing it")

In the past I've worked for one shop killed by Nintendo and it was very usual to sold product without have anyone, get money and one month later get stock with the money... the boss was one of the worst liars I've known.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
They
Well, 99% of linkers' shop say it's in stock as soon as they heard about the product exist : even Crown 3DS, Evo3DS, etc... That's why Spanish say "no vender la piel del oso antes de cazarlo" (Can be translated by the usual "don't count your chickens before they're hatched", but mean "Don't sell the bear's skin before killing it")

In the past I've worked for one shop killed by Nintendo and it was very usual to sold product without have anyone, get money and one month later get stock with the money... the boss was one of the worst liars I've known.
Didnt have it. They were taking preorders. They just got it.

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country

That's quite worrying lmao

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M$ is a much much bigger company, if it is as simple as removing it through update or whatever then the chances are it'll be hacked by others to remove the limit quite soon.

unless they have some way of locking down their method like GW does with its DRM , "M$ is a bigger company" yes exactly and they reversed their decision after like a week , they have many products and are a monopoly they can afford to lose some sales, presumably these chinese flashcard makes have invested the little money that they have(not little maybe but compared to M$) in this and it would hurt them if it failed a lot more than lost sales of xbone would have hurt M$
they already spent money on R&D and a production run , what will they do if they get stuck with lots of stock cause nobody is buying their card because of 10 game limit, the only logical thing to do is rethink your greed and remove DRM so the entire venture is not a total loss

Reactions: Judas18

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
unless they have some way of locking down their method like GW does with its DRM , "M$ is a bigger company" yes exactly and they reversed their decision after like a week , they have many products and are a monopoly they can afford to lose some sales, presumably these chinese flashcard makes have invested the little money that they have(not little maybe but compared to M$) in this and it would hurt them if it failed a lot more than lost sales of xbone would have hurt M$
they already spent money on R&D and a production run , what will they do if they get stuck with lots of stock cause nobody is buying their card because of 10 game limit, the only logical thing to do is rethink your greed and remove DRM so the entire venture is not a total loss

You make a very valid point.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

that's not very nice calling the guy a fool because he has bought something he wants, after all it's his money his choice. maybe if sky3ds get a lot of people that buy the product and they get a strong customer base, this might spur the company on to make better features like resolve the 10 game limit. same happened with gateway where at the start where people were getting slated for their purchase as it had very limited scope, but they have put in a lot of hard work to keep their customers happy and new customers to keep coming. if you try to boycott the card the deeper the companies might dig their heels in and not bother working on new features................................sudeki300

Reactions: cvskid and Judas18

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's not very nice calling the guy a fool because he has bought something he wants, after all it's his money his choice. maybe if sky3ds get a lot of people that buy the product and they get a strong customer base, this might spur the company on to make better features like resolve the 10 game limit. same happened with gateway where at the start where people were getting slated for their purchase as it had very limited scope, but they have put in a lot of hard work to keep their customers happy and new customers to keep coming. if you try to boycott the card the deeper the companies might dig their heels in and not bother working on new features................................sudeki300

i will stand by my statement, anyone buying this thing without even a review yet is a fool
GW was different because they were still working on their code, of course it is speculation but it seem s all but certain that this is not technical limitation and is a forced imposed DRM scheme ,not like GW who was not technically able to deliver all the features right at the beginning
and if we boycott they are not going to go underground and just disappear if they have invested all this money in R&D and a production run invested and leave all the carts unsold when they could easily just remove the DRM and sell them something is better than nothing and they will probably make more money in the long run , they may be greedy but they are also stupid , nobody is going to buy multiple carts anyways , they would be smarter to just charge a little more ,like say $10 more and no DRM game limits , they will sell a lot more card in the long run , i really can't see that many people buying multiple cards

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i will stand by my statement, anyone buying this thing without even a review yet is a fool
GW was different because they were still working on their code, of course it is speculation but it seem s all but certain that this is not technical limitation and is a forced imposed DRM scheme ,not like GW who was not technically able to deliver all the features right at the beginning
and if we boycott they are not going to go underground and just disappear if they have invested all this money in R&D and a production run invested and leave all the carts unsold when they could easily just remove the DRM and sell them something is better than nothing and they will probably make more money in the long run , they may be greedy but they are also stupid , nobody is going to buy multiple carts anyways , they would be smarter to just charge a little more ,like say $10 more and no DRM game limits , they will sell a lot more card in the long run , i really can't see that many people buying multiple cards

people purchased gateway without a review and only a video (just like sky3ds has done) and without proof of future updates / features. no one knows yet if the game limit can be removed at a later date by the team, like you say it's all speculation at the moment. i respect your opinion regarding to boycott the card(s) not that i agree with it, so i think it would be best to agree to disagree for the time being. if people are happy to purchase the card knowing about the limit and are happy with their purchase then good luck to them.................................sudeki300

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So Sky3DS is available http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=564 $95.99 USD heres something you might want to look at before buying
"Ten 3DS games maximum per SKY3DS card"
You can copy any 10 games into your micro SD card at the first time, Sky3DS will "remember" them and you can only play those 10 games no matter if you change the micro SD card or not. You will need another SKY3DS card if you want to play more 3DS games anyway.

I was going to buy a sky3ds then I saw this, now I am not interested

Reactions: Margen67

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
We need an official GBATemp review of this card :)

EDIT: Can you edit the header of a rom?
Maybe 10 diferents roms with the same header will be considered as one game by the sky3ds?

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So Sky3DS is available http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=564 $95.99 USD heres something you might want to look at before buying
"Ten 3DS games maximum per SKY3DS card"
You can copy any 10 games into your micro SD card at the first time, Sky3DS will "remember" them and you can only play those 10 games no matter if you change the micro SD card or not. You will need another SKY3DS card if you want to play more 3DS games anyway.

I was going to buy a sky3ds then I saw this, now I am not interested
Whoa, really? I thought it was a 10 game max at a time. not 10 games total forever? Why on earth would they impose such a limitation? Clearly this is not a technical limitation but a deliberate limitation to sell more karts. At $10 a game plus taxes and shipping, everyone should rather pay a little more for the real games and have the money go to Nintendo and the real devs and not these dirty crooks.
This is seriously the dirtiest scam I've ever heard. Shame on Sky3ds. SHAME.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We need an official GBATemp review of this card :)

EDIT: Can you edit the header of a rom?
Maybe 10 diferents roms with the same header will be considered as one game by the sky3ds?

I don't know but it does state even with a different SD card the games cannot be changed, I think it uses a bank switch much like the bios bank switch for an Xecuter mod chip for the xbox did for retail bios to be able to run so you were able to go online, maybe it's the same thing but only Writable once like a DVD-R

Aman27deep

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
India
Can't wait for the review.

I'm sure they invested a lot of time and money into developing this hack, and therefore the first batch has a 10 game limit. 3-6 months down the line when is all reverse engineered we'll see a card which can run unlimited games and 1:1 and on the latest firmware.

As it's physical, hopefully it can't be patched by Nintendo.

Very excited.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Here is the Whole sale price...Sky3ds
USD68.03/PC for 10-19pcs
USD67.21/PC for 20-49pcs
USD66.39/PC for 50-99pcs
USD65.57/PC for 100-299pcs
USD65.25/PC for 300-499pcs
USD65.08/PC for 500-999pcs
USD64.92/PC for >1000pcs

Cheaper there...wait till resellers get them and make them 90 bucks lol ..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival