Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So simply put, at this time, a 64gb Micro SD would be plenty for any combination of games right now, right? From what I understand, most games are 1-2gb, with some up to 4gb now?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So simply put, at this time, a 64gb Micro SD would be plenty for any combination of games right now, right? From what I understand, most games are 1-2gb, with some up to 4gb now?
it would be a waste this card can only store 10 games.....so the absolute max file size would be 40gb.....but there isnt even enough 4gb games to hit that limit, a 32gb card would be fine, but 16gb would probably even do for 90% of people

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be a waste this card can only store 10 games.....so the absolute max file size would be 40gb.....but there isnt even enough 4gb games to hit that limit, a 32gb card would be fine, but 16gb would probably even do for 90% of people

Alright, thanks. I'll probably look towards a 32gb card if I do decide to get a Sky3DS then.

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would actually like that for Metal Gear solid 3.

Konami only gave you one save slot in the 3DS version.

ONE SAVE SLOT. In possibly the most replayable game ever with so many awesome sections.
Yep I was so upset when I found out it only had one save slot. Now my siblings can't play the game with their own file because konami thought it would be a good idea to only have one save file.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
god this site has gotten terrible

And I bet you play all 88 games once a day, right? God this site has gotten terrible of late.

You're missing the point, they're doing this of their own free will, because they can, meaning they're just greedy, basically they're releasing an unfinished product.

Pay attention to what their description always says : "Cart does record the game titles one by one to its inside memory up to max 10 titles."
They're able to release an unlimited card, but for now they're trying to rip you off.

Cart+SD Card+Shipping(at least in my case) will cost me 120$ at the least, which equals to 3 Big games like Pokemon,4 Mediocre games and 6+ 20$ or less games.For a cart which can store 10 mixed games.
Basically this product has the same limitations like a regular cartridge : "I must only go for games that are popular,that I will play for sure, I can't just try other games, because if I do and I don't like them, I'm stuck with them forever".

Their only hope is the hype around the cart, "since it's new and it supports the latest version it will probably sell well".

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
I really hope I find this relatively cheap somewhere 'cause £100 is fucking disgusting! K3DS is £52 but it's a clone so I dunno if there will be any support for it. Though Sky3DS isn't guaranteed to have support either.

EDIT: Does anyone know if NDS-Card.com will be selling the EUR card, or are they just selling the US card?

thenotoriousrod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I signed up just to give my two cents, but to me the whole point of hacking is the homebrew aspect... You know getting the full potential out of your system. Hacking is almost pointless without homebrew and to my understanding this device doesn't support that.

Also I see someone above said that this cart is really expensive. Further reason not to buy it...if it were cheap...maybe.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, clever move, the company is filling the gap and trying to get it sold to people who missed the FW 4.1-4.5 boat and the people owning a new 3DS and for some reason don't want to or can't pay for original gamecards.

Iamapirate

Trophies
XP
Country
I still don't get the complaining about the ten game limit. Yeah, ten games for the price of 3 - 4 retail games. That is SO outrageous.

I want a flashcart that can hold infinite ROMs, and I want it for $10, and I want it to have perfect emulation, and I want it to have PS Vita compatibility, and I want it to tickle my balls when I'm too lazy to.

D

Deleted User

I'm curious if you can have multiple Micro SD cards, I mean that way I can kind of justify the 10 game cap.

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
I just don't understand what on Earth made them think £100 was a good starting price. That's fucking grotesque. Maybe I'll just risk it and go for K3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?