OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Source: Russian Hackers release 3.51 M33

Download here

CFW 3.51 M33 out now!!!

A group of russian hackers have released a new PSP custom firmware which have got a lot of people rather excited. A few users seem to confirm it working but as per usual, only try such releases at your own risk.

Summary of features offered by CFW v3.51 M33

- All functions of v3.51 firmware retained - PS1 support, high video resolution, MP3 visualizer, internet navigation, PS3 connection etc
- Launch official UMDS which require v3.51 firmware
- Direct launching of ISOs/CSOs
- Direct launching of homebrews and demonstrations
- Direct launching of PS1 images
- Ability to alter the CPU speed of the PSP
- Recovery mode
- Multi-region
- Bugfixes
- Customize all your icons etc

Instructions by Cocosman

Insructions:

1 - If your PSP is in firmware 1.50, copy the folders kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher% which are in the "1.50only" folder to ms0:/PSP/GAME/ and run the patcher first.

2 - if you already have firmware SE/OE, copy the folder M33CREATOR to ms0:/PSP/GAME150 if you have 1.50 copy to ms0:/PSP/GAME

3 - Download the firmware update 3.51 and rename to 351.PBP and copy into the ms0:/PSP/GAME/M33CREATOR/ or for 1.50 users to ms0:/PSP/GAME150/M33CREATOR/

4 - Download the firmware update 1.50 and rename to 150.PBP and copy into the "ms0:/PSP/GAME/M33CREATOR/" or "ms0:/PSP/GAME150/M33CREATOR/"

5 - on your PSP, run the "3.51 M33 CREATOR". Once finished, the PSP will return to the XMB, and a new program, the "3.51 M33UPDATE" appears!

6 -now run "3.51 M33UPDATE".

7 - Once finishes, press on X to shutt off. Restart manually.

EDIT: I will be installing and testing this out on my UP Chipped Psp very soon but many others confirm 100% working on Maxconsole.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
- Direct launching of PS1 images
As in I could chuck an PS1 iso on a memory stick and it will just work?! No need to mess about with all the eboot crap?!
ohmy.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada

Nenyana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll wait for others to try this first... others from GBATemp that is...
tongue.gif

After alot of testing I can confirm 100% that everything is working fine after updating to this new 3.51 M33 Custom firmware. I have tested my UMD's, CSO's, emulators, Psx games, settings in the Recovery Menu. I have tested the downgrading back to 1.5 via the Recovery Menu and I everything is working as it should. Currently there is no 100% NO UMD patch because they need an example before they can reverse engineer this prx.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heard there were some minor bugs (not being able to select Pink as a wallpaper color, OH NOES!) but it runs pretty smoothly. Gonna upgrade in a few and let ya guys know how it is on this end as well. In the mean time...

EDIT: NVM, I'm not upgrading, there are apparently quite a few of these little bugs running around in the new firmy (WiFi doesn't work with homebrew, for instance) I'm gonna wait a couple days to see how everything plays out...

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The new patches that have come out has gotten a lot of the iso/cso compatibility up. It's looking like it's moving to 100% now.

The patch also fixes the WiFi problem stated above.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the team also patched the Sony iso loader, and people say it's fast but I can't get it to work. They say you gotta use "proper" dumps that aren't ripped, but lame.

Also, Cave Story for PSP came out the other day, and man is it the shit.

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been keeping an eye on this, as I've just picked up my psp for the first time since I got my r4 months ago

these guys seem to be putting out a lot of releases, just for bug fixes...
seems to me, they need to get a good testing team together, and focus on a solid release less often than 6 a day.

I don't see much reason atm to upgrade from 3.40 OE

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had no problems so far. The only bugs I can think of were the wifi issue, which is fixed with the M33-6 patch, and the pink background that is now blue, but can easily be changed by just putting a backup of the pink theme in the flash0. The M33 patches I believe only one has really been for bugs. The other ones were for loader compatibility. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Nenyana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So is it worth the upgrade to 3.51 M33-6? Any compatibility issues?

Tomobobo - Any chance of a link to nfo/release of Cave Story? Ta.

smile.gif

The major feature in this release is the hacked Sonys official ISO loader. This gives you almost 100% compatibility in NO UMD mode. Others have also reported increased speed in loading UMD's. This NO UMD mode is so much faster when loading than OE's, never crashes when you exit using Home and only a few titles are reported not to work.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Running M33-7 and have absolutely no problem. (Except these dudes thinking they're the god of the scene and donating is half mandatory) I don't get what's up with 33, it changed system date to April 2nd (March 33rd supposedly =P) 3h33m33s, but well what works is works

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Running M33-7 and have absolutely no problem. (Except these dudes thinking they're the god of the scene and donating is half mandatory) I don't get what's up with 33, it changed system date to April 2nd (March 33rd supposedly =P) 3h33m33s, but well what works is works

I'm running M33-7 as well... Still can't connect using WLAN
frown.gif
Get that stupid error whenever I try and scan for AP's.

As for them resetting the date and time.. That pisses me off
tongue.gif
I'd donate to them if they didn't do stupid things like that. That only makes for more work
tongue.gif

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can you install m33-7 directly (or with a step inbetween updating to m33 original release first) from a downgrader (instead of installing 1.5)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: