Hacking [Release] ARK-4 CFW port for PSP.

Databoi2023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just like how Henkaku installs taihen plugin against your will. Crazy how software works right?

Yes, except one is essential to make things working and the others aren't (at least the arkrightanalog one, since there are users who might want to play PS1 games on the PS Vita, which isn't even my case and ARK-X is installed against my will, as well as its plugin), not to mention these plugins aren't even mentioned in ARK-4's GitHub repo, ARK-4's updater and FasterARK install the 4.20.68 Rev 13 version instead of the 4.20.68 Rev 12 one and HENkaku never forced me to reinstall everything like a previous ARK-4 version did (and it had to be another user to confirm this behavior for y'all to believe and to fix the issue).

What's also crazy is the fact the C1-2858-3 kernel error problem hasn't been fixed yet (and ARK-4's GitHub repo doesn't even mention it) and the setting that causes it ("Memory Stick Speedup") is still set to "Always" by default.

Reactions: Acid_Snake

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes, except one is essential to make things working and the others aren't (at least the arkrightanalog one, since there are users who might want to play PS1 games on the PS Vita, which isn't even my case and ARK-X is installed against my will, as well as its plugin), not to mention these plugins aren't even mentioned in ARK-4's GitHub repo, ARK-4's updater and FasterARK install the 4.20.68 Rev 13 version instead of the 4.20.68 Rev 12 one and HENkaku never forced me to reinstall everything like a previous ARK-4 version did (and it had to be another user to confirm this behavior for y'all to believe and to fix the issue).

What's also crazy is the fact the C1-2858-3 kernel error problem hasn't been fixed yet (and ARK-4's GitHub repo doesn't even mention it) and the setting that causes it ("Memory Stick Speedup") is still set to "Always" by default.
ps1cfw_enabler is needed for ARK-X. The other plugin is almost mandatory for the vast mayority of users.

There are instructions in the wiki on how to install ARK manually so you can customize exactly what you need. There are instructions to manually install ARK and ARK-X bubbles. FasterARK is an all-in-one easy-to-use solution.

An alternative would be to have some sort of options in FasterARK to customize what gets installed, but I'm not gonna bother with it for the time being, perhaps a fellow dev like krazynez can work on this.

You should open Feature Requests in github for these type of things, it helps keep track of bugs and petitions.

As for the C1-2858-3 error, I was under the impression it was fixed not long ago when we did some changes to Memory Stick Speedup feature that also fixed some other things. But I might be confused.

Again, open an issue report in github so we can keep track of it.

Reactions: Databoi2023

Databoi2023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ps1cfw_enabler is needed for ARK-X. The other plugin is almost mandatory for the vast mayority of users.

There are instructions in the wiki on how to install ARK manually so you can customize exactly what you need. There are instructions to manually install ARK and ARK-X bubbles. FasterARK is an all-in-one easy-to-use solution.

An alternative would be to have some sort of options in FasterARK to customize what gets installed, but I'm not gonna bother with it for the time being, perhaps a fellow dev like krazynez can work on this.

You should open Feature Requests in github for these type of things, it helps keep track of bugs and petitions.

As for the C1-2858-3 error, I was under the impression it was fixed not long ago when we did some changes to Memory Stick Speedup feature that also fixed some other things. But I might be confused.

Again, open an issue report in github so we can keep track of it.

What about those who don't want ARK-X (like me)? Then it seems I had bad luck since I don't want the other plugin.

Where are they, exactly? Also, like I was told, the Wiki isn't updated and this information should

That's the problem, there already should be options to customize what gets installed since the start.

For what? To be ignored and/or criticized like I am for opening issues?

No, it wasn't fixed, and I complained about it at the time.

Already opened, but I'm ignored and/or criticized like I said.

Also, what about ARK-4's updater and FasterARK installing the 4.20.68 Rev 13 version instead of the 4.20.68 Rev 12 one and a previous ARK-4 version forcing me to reinstall everything and I was to blame for it because I used a different exploit than a developer? It had to be another user to confirm the issue for the problem to be fixed. I still don't get if the npdrm_free/npdrm_free_mod and nploader/nploader_mod plugins should be installed if using ARK-4 to be able to read all EBOOT PSP games and DLC.

Databoi2023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why and how does PS Vita's standalone ARK-4 make a sound when scrolling PSP games even with sound turned off?

What does "Inferno Cache" do and specifically its "LRU" setting? Can it break PSP games?

Clicking "SELECT" does nothing for some seconds when returning to the XMB from Sleep Mode or Custom Launcher, when exiting a game and after restarting the PSP or VSH. The PSP's Memory Stick LED is blinking and only once it finishes I can access the VSH MENU (among other things). I did a full flash install and deleted VSHMENU.PRX from ARK_01234 and it stayed the same.

Also, why can't the Custom Launcher be accessed from the VSH MENU?

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Some people has been able to use Ark-4 to run Disgaea 2 with DLC but for other people it doesn't work (Note this is on the Vita).

Last edited by raxadian,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Might need to use nploader if the DLC is encrypted (look for nploader_mod).

No matter what you do it doesn't work due to the firmware Adrenaline is based on, Arc 4 is supposed to not have that problem but it only seems to work for some people. The idea solution would be a version of Arc based on older firmware maybe?

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No matter what you do it doesn't work due to the firmware Adrenaline is based on, Arc 4 is supposed to not have that problem but it only seems to work for some people. The idea solution would be a version of Arc based on older firmware maybe?
Oh Adrenaline... People probably refer to Standalone installations, since those depend on NoPspEmuDrm, which has the "side effect" of allowing Standalone ARK to use DLC.

So, ARK-4 still needs a plugin to real all DLC? Should nploader or nploader_mod be used? And what about npdrm_free or npdrm_free_mod?
Standalone installations will already be compatible with DLC via NoPspEmuDrm, but that plugin doens't work with Adrenaline so you need to use the PSP equivalents npdrm_free and nploader (mod versions).

Databoi2023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh Adrenaline... People probably refer to Standalone installations, since those depend on NoPspEmuDrm, which has the "side effect" of allowing Standalone ARK to use DLC.

Standalone installations will already be compatible with DLC via NoPspEmuDrm, but that plugin doens't work with Adrenaline so you need to use the PSP equivalents npdrm_free and nploader (mod versions).

So, can standalone ARK-4 read all PSP DLC without the aid of plugins? And can it read all EBOOT.PBP games?

Also, does PSP's ARK-4 need npdrm_free_mod and nploader_mod to read all PSP DLC? And does it need them to read all EBOOT.PBP games as well?

Reactions: raxadian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto